PDA

View Full Version : Aeromobil is a “flying car”

Serpo
6th November 2013, 12:52 PM
http://www.aeromobil.com/
Foldable Flying Car Is Stylish On The Ground And In The Air
Tuesday, November 5, 2013 14:25

(Before It's <a href="http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2013/11/foldable-flying-car-is-stylish-on-the-ground-and-in-the-air-2815054.html">
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPNIPCalM6sNews) (http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2013/11/foldable-flying-car-is-stylish-on-the-ground-and-in-the-air-2815054.html) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPNIPCalM6s

Aeromobil is a “flying car” that perfectly makes use of existing infrastructure created for automobiles and planes, and opens doors to real door-to-door travel. As a car it can travel 310 miles on a tank of gas and as a plane it can travel 410 miles on a full tank. It has a top speed of 124 miles per hour in the air and more than 100 miles per hour on the ground.
http://www.aeromobil.com/assets/gallery/11.jpg
In terms of automobile configuration, it fits to a standard parking space, its engine enables it to be filled up at any gas station, it is fully accustomed to road traffic and as a plane it could both take off and land at any airport in the world. http://www.aeromobil.com/assets/gallery/2.jpg
With its ambition to become a real “flying car”, the current version – Aeromobil 2.5 is a prototype of the third generation.

http://www.aeromobil.com/assets/gallery/3.jpg
Aeromobil 3 is stylish, comfortable for both the driver and passenger, and exceptionally combines the performance of a sports car with qualities of an „ultralight“.

Ponce
6th November 2013, 03:24 PM
I like it and it has Ponce's seal of approval.......only one small thing wrong with it......the propeller stick a little bit to high when used as a car.

V

Neuro
7th November 2013, 02:55 AM
Good work, a bit odd that nothing like this has been developed before, I think. However it looked a bit unstable at take off. That I believe they need to put more work in!

midnight rambler
7th November 2013, 04:17 AM
Good work, a bit odd that nothing like this has been developed before, I think. However it looked a bit unstable at take off. That I believe they need to put more work in!

Note that none of it flying in the video was outside ground effect.

It's amazing what they can get to fly in ground effect -

http://silodrome.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Lun-Class-Ekranoplan.jpg

Neuro
7th November 2013, 05:39 AM
Note that none of it flying in the video was outside ground effect.

It's amazing what they can get to fly in ground effect -

http://silodrome.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Lun-Class-Ekranoplan.jpg
I saw that one in a TV program years ago, as I understand it the turbulence close to ground/sea provides lift and I think it was using 40% or so less fuel compared to what it would use far above ground. As far as I remember it, the Soviet Union was using it to transport heavy machinery and military equipment across the Caspian Sea! Thanks!

Ponce
7th November 2013, 08:37 AM
Rambler? that was my inspiration to build my "flying boat"......... it was for only one person and very tight, the empty weight was of 235 lbs but it could carry 350 lbs , the "wings" were fordable so that I could carry it in the back of a van that I had at that time.

I have some hard copy pictures of it, I wished that I could post it.

V

Neuro
7th November 2013, 09:11 AM
Rambler? that was my inspiration to build my "flying boat"......... it was for only one person and very tight, the empty weight was of 235 lbs but it could carry 350 lbs , the "wings" were fordable so that I could carry it in the back of a van that I had at that time.

I have some hard copy pictures of it, I wished that I could post it.

V
235 lbs including engine and wings? Can't you take a digital photo of the hard copy and post it?

Ponce
7th November 2013, 09:45 AM
I'll see if my computer lady can do it for me...correction, the wings were not fordable but I could take them off...... and yes that was the weight but for a five gallon fuel tank, passenger and cargo........second time that I took it out I sold it for $100,000 ........it cost me $3,500 for the German airplane engine and about $1,200 for the rest, including the aluminum welding of the frame ......... something that scared the hell out of me, the first time that I pressed the button to start the engine IT DID START hahahahahahaha and the first time that I took it out it went about 50 feet above the water, I had to make a small change to keep it at six feet above the water....but.......I could skip and jump 15 feet, in case of an emergency......that was what attracted the attention of the buyer.

You guys know how I think, you could put about five of them in a small boat....stay about 200 miles of the coast and then transport "your load" to the coast.....I never did make the pod that could be attached, and then released, from the bottom of the boat.....the boat would never have to stop and in a open field it could fly above ground.

Neuro
7th November 2013, 10:02 AM
I'll see if my computer lady can do it for me...correction, the wings were not fordable but I could take them off...... and yes that was the weight but for a five gallon fuel tank, passenger and cargo........second time that I took it out I sold it for $100,000 ........it cost me $3,500 for the German airplane engine and about $1,200 for the rest, including the aluminum welding of the frame ......... something that scared the hell out of me, the first time that I pressed the button to start the engine IT DID START hahahahahahaha and the first time that I took it out it went about 50 feet above the water, I had to make a small change to keep it at six feet above the water....but.......I could skip and jump 15 feet, in case of an emergency......that was what attracted the attention of the buyer.

You guys know how I think, you could put about five of them in a small boat....stay about 200 miles of the coast and then transport "your load" to the coast.....I never did make the pod that could be attached, and then released, from the bottom of the boat.....the boat would never have to stop and in a open field it could fly above ground.
Wow! That truly sounds amazing Ponce! I would really like to see those pics, and any blue prints you have of it too! What horsepowers was the engine powered at? And do you think it could fly 200 miles with only a 5 gallon tank at full load? It would be a great way for fishing boats to transport their catch to the shore, especially if the plane could be remote controlled. Or if you have one of these off-shore artificial islands, the citizens of your kingdom could go and visit the prisoners of USrael...

Ponce
7th November 2013, 12:51 PM
The weight of the engine was of 100 lbs and it had 100 hp.....I never did check this in person and only went by what I was told when I bought it.....it had two of everything on it to make it safer......I was, also, told that it was a 26 mile per gallon, because I was "flying" closer to the ground I would say that it was more like 22-23 miles per gallon.....for a 400 miles trip it would required more gas.....on shorter trips you could put some rockets or a small torpedo to attack a ship.......so small that it would be hard to detect on radar and when closer to the ship I would use a coolant on the surface of the engine for a no heat signature.

Come to think about it, I believe that I still have the paper work that came with the engine...I'll check out the specs, by the way, it was a used one.....the cost of a new one was of $7,500...didn't want to spend more money for something that didn't exist.

Happy to say that all my ideas always work....but for one, and that's only because what I need does not exist....yet.....I never make blue prints.....I first build everything in my mind and then make changes as I build something.....I do keep a notebook where I make a fast little drawing of what I think of and with a note, but no one knows what it is by looking at it.

7th trump
7th November 2013, 01:01 PM
The weight of the engine was of 100 lbs and it had 100 hp.....I never did check this in person and only went by what I was told when I bought it.....it had two of everything on it to make it safer......I was, also, told that it was a 26 mile per gallon, because I was "flying" closer to the ground I would say that it was more like 22-23 miles per gallon.....for a 400 miles trip it would required more gas.....on shorter trips you could put some rockets or a small torpedo to attack a ship.......so small that it would be hard to detect on radar and when closer to the ship I would use a coolant on the surface of the engine for a no heat signature.

Come to think about it, I believe that I still have the paper work that came with the engine...I'll check out the specs, by the way, it was a used one.....the cost of a new one was of $7,500...didn't want to spend more money for something that didn't exist.

Happy to say that all my ideas always work....but for one, and that's only because what I need does not exist....yet.....I never make blue prints.....I first build everything in my mind and then make changes as I build something.....I do keep a notebook where I make a fast little drawing of what I think of and with a note, but no one knows what it is by looking at it.

Sounds like a rotax engine made for ultralight aircraft.

http://www.flyrotax.com/enginesImpressum/product-range.aspx

mick silver
7th November 2013, 01:11 PM
i once had a car that went flying off the road an that didnt end well

Ponce
7th November 2013, 02:07 PM
Silver? that's because you forgot to tuck in your chickens wings after hitting 35 mph.

V

VX1
7th November 2013, 02:08 PM
Those Rotax engines are closer to 200lbs, especially wet. An aviation engine with 1:1 weight/horsepower would be quite revolutionary.

This Aeromobil is certainly the neatest aero car I've seen, but as a pilot who has built a plane... these seem to be such dumb ideas. Who would they really market these to? Most Americans can barely handle a car, absolutely underestimate the challenge of flying, and with the death of the middle-class, are lucky to get their hands on a Hyundia with a seven year payment plan. Airplanes and flying are e-x-p-e-n-s-i-v-e!

A car needs to have some weight to be safe, and a plane needs to be as light as possible to be safe. A plane is always a compromise between many things, but trying to make it a car also, you end up with a really bad car, and a really bad plane.

On the other hand, kudos, because experimentation is what drives us forward... however, I don't expect much competition in the air from this. Pilots are getting the idea that the U.S. government is going to eventually shutdown this type of VFR flying anyway for the most part (as ironically, China begins to open up her skies).

Ponce
7th November 2013, 04:02 PM
After thinking about it....if anyone here could received my photo of my flying boat and do something to be able to published here I would appreciated..... just send me your address in private....but let me know here that you did sent it........thanks.

V

Ponce
7th November 2013, 09:31 PM
RikitiBUMP....... with all the help that I gave to many of you......no one wants to help me now?, if not is then ok, I'll do it somehow on Monday..........love and kisses......Ponce ahahahahahha.

V

Rubberchicken
8th November 2013, 04:49 PM
RikitiBUMP....... with all the help that I gave to many of you......no one wants to help me now?, if not is then ok, I'll do it somehow on Monday..........love and kisses......Ponce ahahahahahha.

V

Bump to help Ponce