PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Investors Flock to Litecoin

madfranks
18th November 2013, 07:22 AM
If you missed the bitcoin surge, maybe this is your second chance?

Chinese Investors Flock to Litecoin (http://bitcoinne.ws/chinese-investors-flock-to-litecoin/)

Recently a number of Chinese Bitcoin Exchanges have begun accepting Litecoin, they include:

http://www.okcoin.com (over 90k LTC/BTC trading volume today).
fxbtc.com (over 19k LTC/BTC trading volume today).
btctrade.com/ltc (over ¥202,890 trading volume today).

In the last 24hrs we have also seen many occasions in which Litecoin prices have been higher on some exchanges based in China when compared to BTC-e. It would appear that Litecoin is now established on multiple high volume exchanges. The current BTC-e price is $3.05 up from a low of $2.60 in the last 24hrs.
Source: http://litecoin.auz.cc/chinese-investors-flock-litecoin/

Just last night the litecoin price jumped up over a dollar. Are we about to see similar moves in litecoin that we've been seeing in bitcoin over the past couple months? I.e. huge overnight surges in price as Chinese dump their spare capital into cryptos??

Ares
18th November 2013, 07:36 AM
If Litecoin takes off like Bitcoin I'll be doing really well for myself. lol

madfranks
18th November 2013, 07:47 AM

I doubt litecoin will ever meet or exceed bitcoin, due to bitcoin's first mover advantage. However, if LTC is recognized as the silver standard in cryptos, it might find itself priced near it's 4:1 ratio with bitcoins. That would mean, at $600 per bitcoin, litcoin could be $150.

Ares
18th November 2013, 07:53 AM
I doubt litecoin will ever meet or exceed bitcoin, due to bitcoin's first mover advantage. However, if LTC is recognized as the silver standard in cryptos, it might find itself priced near it's 4:1 ratio with bitcoins. That would mean, at $600 per bitcoin, litcoin could be $150.

Yeah, I've been mining Litecoins since March of this year. So I've accumulated a good chunk of Litecoins for myself. If they get to 150 a coin, I won't have to work for the next 2 years. :)

sirgonzo420
18th November 2013, 07:57 AM

I remember when I first heard of Litecoin, when it came out, and I figured "hell, I might as well mine it just in case".

I was able to have whole coins trickling in from the pool that I was mining with... and that was with CPU mining only.

Ares
18th November 2013, 08:04 AM
I remember when I first heard of Litecoin, when it came out, and I figured "hell, I might as well mine it just in case".

I was able to have whole coins trickling in from the pool that I was mining with... and that was with CPU mining only.

I've got a 1.2Mh dual 7950 GPU's mining rig. Only time it was down was during my move. It's been mining 24/7 before and after my move. 1.2Mh isn't much now, but earlier this year I was able to get quite a bit when the difficulty wasn't so damn high.

mick silver
27th November 2013, 06:44 AM
when this house falls it will be coming down hard