PDA

View Full Version : Scam Alert! MCXnow

Son-of-Liberty
25th November 2013, 11:13 PM
Guys if you have coins at MCX now withdraw them. The owner is shutting the exchange down. It says to withdraw before Dec 20th but I would do it as soon as you can.

The scam the owner pulled was selling fees which received a % of the profit. He inflated the earnings and sold most of them at 0.4 BTC He bought many of them back at far less then that and then today shut down trading on all but the fees and let them free fall.

He said you could sell them if you wanted out giving the illusion that this isn't a scam and that he will re-open the exchange after a break and he has time to code. He claims he was stressed from dealing with all the money and whatnot but the way he handled this makes me feel this was all planned from the beginning.

He never actually stole anyone's coins. He just sold the feeshares to an exchange that is now generating no fees. so they are worthless.

I apologize to everyone because I recommended this exchange.

It really was the best trading platform and having no fiat seemed safest from government interference.

EE_
26th November 2013, 04:30 AM
I bet the kid that ran this exchange isn't walking away pennyless.

Scam is the name of this game.
Just like the wild west, bank robberies, stage coach robberies, cattle rustling, and cheating was a way of life where there were no laws.

I've been stiffed by friends and family before...as I bet many here have too. What should you expect from complete strangers that you'll never see, or meet?

sirgonzo420
26th November 2013, 05:14 AM
I bet the kid that ran this exchange isn't walking away pennyless.

Scam is the name of this game.
Just like the wild west, bank robberies, stage coach robberies, cattle rustling, and cheating was a way of life where there were no laws.

EE, quit being a puss that needs laws and rules and gubmint and all that.

I saw this coming with this "exchange" based on their "business model". Hell, BTC-E is a big exchange, and I don't exactly trust them either, although I have played with BTC & LTC there before. For what it is worth, I do not trust Chase Bank either, and they have all sorts of rules and laws that supposedly govern them.

Having bitcoin on third party sites is pretty much always going to be fairly risky.

Freedom means you do your due diligence.

I've been stiffed by friends and family before...as I bet many here have too. What should you expect from complete strangers that you'll never see, or meet?

You were scammed by friends and family? You mean the law wasn't there to protect you? The fuckin' Wild West, I say!

(but yeah, EE is right in that some people will fuck you over, given the chance. But some won't. One of the tricks in life is being able to tell the difference before it is too late.)

EE_
26th November 2013, 05:49 AM
EE, quit being a puss that needs laws and rules and gubmint and all that.

I saw this coming with this "exchange" based on their "business model". Hell, BTC-E is a big exchange, and I don't exactly trust them either, although I have played with BTC & LTC there before. For what it is worth, I do not trust Chase Bank either, and they have all sorts of rules and laws that supposedly govern them.

Having bitcoin on third party sites is pretty much always going to be fairly risky.

Freedom means you do your due diligence.

You were scammed by friends and family? You mean the law wasn't there to protect you? The fuckin' Wild West, I say!

(but yeah, EE is right in that some people will fuck you over, given the chance. But some won't. One of the tricks in life is being able to tell the difference before it is too late.)

It's reasonable to want laws that protect you from thieves and scammers...just not the system we have now.

We need a new government and banking system where the criminals that make the laws are held accountable and severly punished when caught robbing the people they are supposed to be working for.

At least in the wild west days you could shoot the thieves and get away with it, when you're in the right. Today you will be caught and imprisoned for taking the law into your own hands.

Laws aren't bad when they are put in place by the people for the people. We don't have that today. The criminals are making the laws to protect themselves.

BrewTech
26th November 2013, 06:45 AM
Laws aren't bad when they are put in place by the people for the people. We don't have that today. The criminals are making the laws to protect themselves.

I would say we already live in a world with no "laws", in the context of what we are discussing.

Laws are rules that no one is exempt from.

Policy are rules that only some have to obey, for the benefit of others.

Rule of Law has been replaced by a form of corporate public policy, and therein is where the problem lies...

Although, it's not really a problem for those benefiting from the policies, is it?

Horn
26th November 2013, 08:06 AM
And if the laws were enforced by "the people" we wouldn't have the problems we do today.

Cops aren't people.

I'm always given the comparison (when it comes to E-coins) that they are just like Jamie Dimon and the dollar.

All the E-coin fans & flakes apparently approve of those actions.

Theft is actually a selling point for them to convince others of value, a substitute thereof for 0% intrinsic value, i guess?

A Moral less attraction from moral less providers, if you will.

Josephus mummers, taught in jew schools, they wish for their own crucifixion as "redeemed" saviors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ht7mxF9XZiA

The only redeeming value of E-coins is that we are separating wheat from chaff here at these forums.

Son-of-Liberty
26th November 2013, 01:46 PM
Does anyone here know if there is a way to see the IP address of people making a post? Isn't that how DPR was caught?

This realsolid guy had many other sock puppets on bitcointalk and has been scamming for years.

Didn't the feds find out who DPR was through publicly available information?

I really wish I would have done more research on realsolid before. The deeper I dig the worse it gets. This was a long con he pulled, has been working on it for at least 7 months since he opened the exchange. Longer actually because he opened the exchange to support solidcoin which was a previous scam he ran under the name coinhunter. He had many chances to run off with the money and didn't so people began trusting him more and more. I know I did. I thought he might run when he released shares the second time, others thought the first time he would run. But he didn't.

What is so infuriating about it is how he played everyone is a microcosm of how the bankers and governments are playing us. It seems that no matter where you turn there is a sociopath/psychopath ready to take advantage of you. This world is infested with these demonic creatures.

EE_
26th November 2013, 01:54 PM
THE ONLY THING YOU CAN TRUST
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-sJsCXSotEVQ/UZg_EZZdUfI/AAAAAAAAEsE/CS5N8UhsFdw/s1600/strong_hands.jpg

Son-of-Liberty
26th November 2013, 04:37 PM
The more I dig the more I feel like a total idiot.

It is a lesson in humility. As much as I know about what is going on in the world I can still be deceived if I allow myself to get emotionally invested in something.

There were so many clues that i either missed completely or dismissed as no big deal.

There was a freak bin chat on MCXnow that was invite only. I am thinking now in hindsight that realsolid and co-conspirators used it to communicate safely on RS's servers. They could discuss market manipulations and other schemes right there on the site in real time.

Guess what the symbol of the freak bin is?

Son-of-Liberty
26th November 2013, 04:56 PM
Can we not add attachments anymore within this site?

Jewboo
26th November 2013, 06:06 PM
The more I dig the more I feel like a total idiot. It is a lesson in humility. As much as I know about what is going on in the world I can still be deceived...

It takes a mature man to publicly post this SOL. If it makes you feel any better, know that MY best epiphanies only arrived after similar lapses in judgment. I've been humbled more than once myself.

http://smileys.emoticonsonly.com/emoticons/c/crutches-3586.gif humiliation develops Humility

drafter
26th November 2013, 06:55 PM
I was able to withdraw all my WDC without any hassle, so I'm thankful for that. The guys that spent money on "fees" are the ones that really got screwed. I guess in hindsight it's a good thing I was too poor to put any money into those.

A lot of people recommended vircurex for trading WDC, but I'll probably just hold what I have for now.

Ares
27th November 2013, 06:49 AM
I almost purchased the MCXFee's from there. The thing that really changed my mind and went with my gut not too was when I saw the MCXFee's show up on cryptostocks.com. EXTREMELY diluted I might add. After that I withdrew my Bitcoins, Litecoins, WorldCoins and Primecoins from the site.

Son of liberty, don't be so hard on yourself. Part of life is learning from your mistakes. Take it for what it is and be glad you didn't lose more. There are others who have lost everything when their account was hacked.

sirgonzo420
27th November 2013, 11:03 AM
"If you don't hold it, you don't own it" applies to crypto-currencies too.

Anyway, let this be a lesson, even to buckle down on wallet security. Anything on any online computer is at risk. If it is only one computer, even if disconnected, there is risk.

Offline wallets, and paper wallets are the way to go. I caution against brainwallets unless you truly understand entropy.