PDA

View Full Version : Right now the Litecoin price is at par with Silver Spot price...

madfranks
26th November 2013, 03:46 PM
Depends on where you are looking.

Spot silver - $19.84

Litecoin (BTC-e) - $18.83
Litecoin (OKCoin) - $21.16

Average: $19.99

Tomorrow morning one litecoin may be worth more than one ounce of silver.

Ares
27th November 2013, 07:00 AM
Depends on where you are looking.

Spot silver - $19.84

Litecoin (BTC-e) - $18.83
Litecoin (OKCoin) - $21.16

Average: $19.99

Tomorrow morning one litecoin may be worth more than one ounce of silver.

Right you are. $26.87 at BTC-e as of this current post.

sirgonzo420
27th November 2013, 11:00 AM
lol

what a world we live in.

I traded half or so of my litecoins for bitcoins back when the rate was 0.04 btc per ltc, but the price is rising towards it's previous highpoint against btc... Litecoin's $$$ value comes from Bitcoin's rise against the dollar, because Litecoin is primarily traded with Bitcoin.

madfranks
12th December 2013, 07:08 AM
For the past couple weeks it looks like the litecoin price has roughly stabilized around $30.

monty
1st July 2021, 02:00 PM
Several years ago I set up a Litecoin miner in a Dell laptop I had. Eventually it had mined about 1.27 Litecoin. When I retired it I transferred all my home directory into the new laptop including the .litecoin directory. That was about six years ago. Every time I log into my home account the litecoin-qt program starts and updated the blockchain.

A couple of weeks ago I decided to check my disk space. To my surprise my home directory was almost full. I discovered the litecoin data sub-directory had almost 50 GB of data. I thought about deleting the litecoin sub-directory and all the files. Then I decided to transfer the data files onto a usb hard drive. The next time the program ran it said it had nine years to catch up. I had forgotten to update the litecoin data directory in the litecoin.conf file so it was working in an empty data directory. I updated the .conf file but it gave me some errors and crashed. After several days I looked at the log file and saw it was running in the background rechecking for errors in the files I had moved from the laptop to the usb hard drive. Yesterday the program started and was updated. It has all my transaction history accurately displayed.

I had never given it any thought and didn't realize the program kept a record of the block chain from the beginning.