PDA

View Full Version : Feathercoin

optionT
28th November 2013, 05:31 AM
Does it have any potential?
Could it Possibly get to where Namecoin is or gain some traction?
Any thoughts or observations?

Shami-Amourae
28th November 2013, 05:39 AM
Honestly, anything is possible. These cryptos are absolutely insane. It's impossible to give an honest answer since no one really knows. Roll the dice if you want. See what happens.

It's extremely undervalued, beaten, and battered. It could be the death of this crypto, or a lot of upside potential.

Current price of Feathercoin is $0.50 to $0.55. I'm interested myself.

madfranks
28th November 2013, 06:23 AM
I think feathercoin is about to die, like terracoin just did. But, that's just my gut.

Neuro
28th November 2013, 06:36 AM
With feathercoin, how many is there? And how many could it be in total?

Shami-Amourae
28th November 2013, 06:40 AM
I think feathercoin is about to die, like terracoin just did. But, that's just my gut.

On BTC-e, trade volume to buy w/ BTC:

TRC = 59.47 BTC
FTC = 1,784.54 BTC
LTC = 5,917.59 BTC

It's got a lot of money behind it. Prices could higher. I wouldn't call it dead just yet.

Shami-Amourae
28th November 2013, 06:44 AM
With feathercoin, how many is there? And how many could it be in total?

336 Million.

How it works:

21 Million Bitcoins possible
4x as many Litecoins possible as Bitcoins = 84 Million
4x as many Feathercoins possible as Litecoins = 336 Million

Basically, if it had equal adoption it would be 1/16th the price of Bitcoin, or 6.25%.

optionT
28th November 2013, 06:45 AM
I saw terracoin is getting taken off of btce, I think Dec 1. I put a little money into FTC, gonna see what happens.

I was watching a video on the bitcoin channel,FRC and FTC were his next "favorites" since money is rushing into cryptos.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_m2RPbAGxo&feature=c4-overview&list=UU2ORQrqEEJ168UCXJfJdNtQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_m2RPbAGxo&feature=c4-overview&list=UU2ORQrqEEJ168UCXJfJdNtQ

Edit: He talks very briefly about FTC and FRC at about the 10:50 mark.

Shami-Amourae
28th November 2013, 06:53 AM
http://s10.postimg.org/joffk0n95/11_28_2013_7_48_53_AM.png

Shami-Amourae
28th November 2013, 06:54 AM
I saw terracoin is getting taken off of btce, I think Dec 1. I put a little money into FTC, gonna see what happens.

You may be onto something. I'm gonna play this trade myself.

mick silver
28th November 2013, 07:34 AM
mickcoin about to take off to the moon ........ to the moon . i heard it maybe around a billion for one mickcoin

Shami-Amourae
28th November 2013, 07:41 AM
On BTC-e, trade volume to buy w/ BTC now:

FTC = 1,974.74 BTC

optionT
28th November 2013, 07:58 AM

FTC = 1,974.74 BTC

Wow! That is HUGE!!!

I traded .5BTC earlier this morning for some FTC, we'll see if this has some legs!

Also, in the chart you posted, we're pretty much at its high, if we can break through the resistance, there could be some nice upside.

Shami-Amourae
28th November 2013, 04:01 PM
It happened. Feathercoin went from 0.00062 FTC/BTC to 0.00117 FTC/BTC.

Good call optionT.

I'm glad I listened, I put a lot into FTC because of this thread. Very good call. VERY good call! That's about a 89% increase in approximately 8 hours or so.

FTC has a lot of buzz now, and you nailed it pretty much at the bottom. I'm a FTC fan now. Damn, 89% in 8 hours. So awesome.

Pump this shit. Get everyone to buy FTC now.
:p

Shami-Amourae
28th November 2013, 04:08 PM

FTC = 3,898.01 BTC

Shami-Amourae
28th November 2013, 08:54 PM
Alright I'm officially a Feathercoin bull now. I think it has the best upside potential and give it my blessings.
:)

Sorry Litecoin, we had a good run.

optionT
28th November 2013, 09:35 PM
Alright I'm officially a Feathercoin bull now. I think it has the best upside potential and give it my blessings.

Yes! I feel the same as you, lol. I put a few more BTCs in after my intial post, and may consider 1 more possibly. The rest of the BTCs are never to be touched!

optionT
29th November 2013, 10:01 PM
UK Bitcoin-Buying Service Bittylicious Adds Feathercoin

Marc Warne, CEO at Bittylicious, is keen to support Britain’s burgeoning cryptocurrency feathercoin, planning to offer it on his website next month.

This digital currency hails from Oxford, under the leadership of Peter Bushnell. He started feather coin*in April 2012, in order to set up a currency that revolved primarily around a community.

Warne says of the feathercoin team:

“I liked their attitude. They are trying to build a functioning economy and ecosystem and there are a few places in Oxford that accept feathercoin already. They have a couple of pubs and a bike repair shop, it’s good to see it has a physical presence there.”

http://www.coindesk.com/uk-bitcoin-service-bittylicious-feathercoin/

Shami-Amourae
29th November 2013, 11:39 PM
I hate the name "Feathercoin", but it has very good programming and setup. Using a name like "Feathercoin" makes me not have faith it will ever seriously catch on, but in the meantime its a good wave to ride to get more Bitcoins in the future.

If I made my own virtual currency I'd simply call them "Credits", or something very basic and simple like that.

optionT
2nd December 2013, 02:56 PM
Hey Shami-

Whats your price target for FTC, or when will you bail out of it? Are you looking to double, 3x, 5x, etc?

It would've been a nice time to sell when it hit $1.30ish, but my timing has never been good!

Shami-Amourae
3rd December 2013, 02:45 AM
Hey Shami-

Whats your price target for FTC, or when will you bail out of it? Are you looking to double, 3x, 5x, etc?

It would've been a nice time to sell when it hit $1.30ish, but my timing has never been good!

I've learned with cryptos its better to hold and wait.

I profited when I sold half of my Litecoins @$3.80, but was that a "clever" move? You're not smarter than the market. Just buy and hold. If you want to get into another crypto, add new funds.

Neuro
3rd December 2013, 05:53 AM
I've learned with cryptos its better to hold and wait.

I profited when I sold half of my Litecoins @$3.80, but was that a "clever" move? You're not smarter than the market. Just buy and hold. If you want to get into another crypto, add new funds.
Always buy and hold? The stars the limit? This is typical bubble think... And it is the reason why so many get burned, once it bursts, cause "it is just a temporary pull back", sure you benefit and are rewarded for bubble think as long as the bubble continues to be inflated. But one day they just go POOF!

Shami-Amourae
3rd December 2013, 06:11 AM
Always buy and hold? The stars the limit? This is typical bubble think... And it is the reason why so many get burned, once it bursts, cause "it is just a temporary pull back", sure you benefit and are rewarded for bubble think as long as the bubble continues to be inflated. But one day they just go POOF!

I sold most of my Bitcoins around $4-18 at a profit. They then went up to about $1250.

I sold most of my Litecoins around $3.80 at a profit. They then went up to about $50.

Both were horribly bad moves, in hindsight. I'm saying this based on my experiences.

Neuro
3rd December 2013, 06:40 AM
I sold most of my Bitcoins around $4-18 at a profit. They then went up to about $1250.

I sold most of my Litecoins around $3.80 at a profit. They then went up to about $50.

Both were horribly bad moves, in hindsight. I'm saying this based on my experiences.
How many previous bubble manias have you participated in? Do you remember the details of the Internet bubble ca 1998-2000?

Horn
3rd December 2013, 06:52 AM
Sell half when you've doubled, then double down with the rest until you've made 4x those.

The 4x cashout you can then use to buy back in if it keeps expanding into new bubble territory.

Ares
3rd December 2013, 06:54 AM
How many previous bubble manias have you participated in? Do you remember the details of the Internet bubble ca 1998-2000?

I do, and I don't remember being able to purchase equipment or services with Cisco stock. :rolleyes:

Everyone back then knew Cisco, yahoo, Microsoft, Apple, etc. Go to the average Joe on the street and ask him or her what is a Bitcoin. No where near a bubble at the moment. When everyone knows about it inside and out, then it's time to reconsider your holdings and looking to get out before the rush to the exits. That is if you're into investment. If you're in it for the idea and promotion behind it, you won't sell.

Shami-Amourae
3rd December 2013, 06:57 AM

I'm in my 20s. I don't think Bitcoin is a bubble. Cryptocurrencies are not going away. It's going up with the adoption rate. I don't even want to tell any of my cryptocurrencies for cash.

Hate it all you want but you're missing out on something that is not going away. You'll eventually accept it, but you'll be buying in when the prices are $10,000 or maybe $100,000 a Bitcoin.

Ares
3rd December 2013, 07:00 AM
I'm in my 20s. I don't think Bitcoin is a bubble. Cryptocurrencies are not going away. It's going up with the adoption rate. I don't even want to tell any of my cryptocurrencies for cash.

Hate it all you want but you're missing out on something that is not going away. You'll eventually accept it, but you'll be buying in when the prices are $10,000 or maybe $100,000 a Bitcoin.

Agreed, its a decentralized solution to a centralized power problem is what it really boils down to. It could of been anything really, but this is the free market looking to get away from being centrally managed and centrally controlled.

Shami-Amourae
3rd December 2013, 07:06 AM
Agreed, its a decentralized solution to a centralized power problem is what it really boils down to. It could of been anything really, but this is the free market looking to get away from being centrally managed and centrally controlled.

The sad thing is I'm starting to think Bitcoin is literally destroying the precious metals market. The Liberty community is being split in half. The younger generations who are more tech savvy are going for cryptos and the older generations are thinking WTF is this shit?! A lot of the money is going into cryptos while bankers and older generation Truthers hold onto Gold/Silver when that may not be the future after all. If cryptos actually work there will be no more bankers. They will go the way of horse and carriage. No more Rothschild scum.

In other words precious metals may not be the safe haven, but it actually may be cryptos.

Jewboo
3rd December 2013, 07:12 AM
I'm in my 20s. I don't think Bitcoin is a bubble...You'll eventually accept it, but you'll be buying in when the prices are $10,000 or maybe $100,000 a Bitcoin.

Yeah...you will always find even greater fools to pay you $100,000 for your Bitcoins. The supply of fools who actually have a hundred thousand dollars to spend on your Bitcoins is unlimited.

:rolleyes:

Jewboo
3rd December 2013, 07:15 AM
Always buy and hold? The stars the limit? This is typical bubble think...

https://gs1.wac.edgecastcdn.net/8019B6/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnfmz9ZMWj1qfrvjzo1_400.jpg

Exactly.

Ares
3rd December 2013, 07:17 AM
The sad thing is I'm starting to think Bitcoin is literally destroying the precious metals market. The Liberty community is being split in half. The younger generations who are more tech savvy are going for cryptos and the older generations are thinking WTF is this shit?! A lot of the money is going into cryptos while bankers and older generation Truthers hold onto Gold/Silver when that may not be the future after all. If cryptos actually work there will be no more bankers. They will go the way of horse and carriage. No more Rothschild scum.

In other words precious metals may not be the safe haven, but it actually may be cryptos.

There is definitely a split going on. I'm still a big believer in gold and silver. Why I won't be selling any of those either. But you have to diversify, and evolve. I know with all the reading and research I've done that even IF there were to be a gold backed currency they would still control it. With this, at least in its current form they cannot control it. I saw an article yesterday where the Bank Of England proposed backing Bitcoins with Gold. Backing means control, enough said. They own the vast majority of it, and will make the rules they see fit to continue their positions. That isn't going to change unless we stop playing their game.

Ares
3rd December 2013, 07:18 AM
Yeah...you will always find even greater fools to pay you $100,000 for your Bitcoins. The supply of fools who actually have a hundred thousand dollars to spend on your Bitcoins is unlimited.

And if your gold goes to 100,000 an ounce you'll find someone who will give you 100,000 FRN's for it? :rolleyes:

Shami-Amourae
3rd December 2013, 07:23 AM
Exactly.

I mainly hold alt-cryptos. I don't even one a whole Bitcoin.

Neuro
3rd December 2013, 07:23 AM
The sad thing is I'm starting to think Bitcoin is literally destroying the precious metals market. The Liberty community is being split in half. The younger generations who are more tech savvy are going for cryptos and the older generations are thinking WTF is this shit?! A lot of the money is going into cryptos while bankers and older generation Truthers hold onto Gold/Silver when that may not be the future after all.

Maybe younger generations just have a lesson to learn? I don't hate bitcoins, it is a bubble, it is not different this time compared to the millennium Internet bubble, the PM-bubble of 1979-80, the stock market bubble of late 20's, or the tulip bulb bubble of 17th Century Holland, a few made a fortune, a lot more lost a lot, some everything. Can bitcoins go up to $10,000 or even $100,000? Yes, it is possible, but I am not going to line up to buy it then either. It has no substance. I don't buy something without substance, and its fluctuations makes it a terrible choice of medium of exchange...

Horn
3rd December 2013, 07:26 AM
If you betting on individual coins that all do the same thing, holding onto any of them for the sake of the overall markets demand, is neglecting the requirement for a simple solution. Netscape browser is a good example of when someone else comes along and does the same thing better than you. Bitcoin itself is due to run into a wall and have to deal with competition soon.

Absolutely Free markets (in this case open source) are most vulnerable to centralization, unless there is a proprietary market that they are well established to operate in solely, a larger centralized free fish will come and gobble up all the smaller fish. Windows is a good example.

What these fundamentally provide is a utility to move money freely, one has to price the market based at what it costs to move the money now. E-coins are not money, they are utility to currency.

Jewboo
3rd December 2013, 07:26 AM
And if your gold goes to 100,000 an ounce you'll find someone who will give you 100,000 FRN's for it? :rolleyes:

Gold and silver are also now silly "investments". Just ask Mamboni. Buy ammo now because the population is so insane they think Bitcoins will soon be worth $100,000. Just observe how quickly "Gold-Silver.US" has become "Bitcoin-US".

:rolleyes: I'm "investing" in ammo now

EE_
3rd December 2013, 07:28 AM

I'm afraid you may be right. Precious metals aren't going anywhere as long as the digital currency mania is in progress.
It really might be time to sell gold and silver.

I don't think the younger generations ever really got the idea of precious metals.
The stock market crowd sure doesn't care about PM's.

Who does that leave to buy metals...a shrinking middle class of baby boomers with stagnant wages?

It looks like the money has moved on to bigger and better.

If the Goldman Sachs Jews are right, they're going to take gold down below $1,000. Where does the put silver...$14/$15?

Jewboo
3rd December 2013, 07:30 AM
http://smhttp.23575.nexcesscdn.net/80ABE1/sbmedia/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/nsa-headquarters.jpg
BITCOIN CREATOR AND MINING CENTER

:rolleyes: who has the most data processing power to "Mine" Bitcoins?

Ares
3rd December 2013, 07:35 AM
Maybe younger generations just have a lesson to learn? I don't hate bitcoins, it is a bubble, it is not different this time compared to the millennium Internet bubble, the PM-bubble of 1979-80, the stock market bubble of late 20's, or the tulip bulb bubble of 17th Century Holland, a few made a fortune, a lot more lost a lot, some everything. Can bitcoins go up to $10,000 or even $100,000? Yes, it is possible, but I am not going to line up to buy it then either. It has no substance. I don't buy something without substance, and its fluctuations makes it a terrible choice of medium of exchange...

You can keep calling it a bubble until your blue in the face. A bubble is when the vast majority of the people know about it. Its still far from a bubble, or even a mania. Current exchange volumes the world over preclude it from being a bubble. Less than 3% of the 12 million of Bitcoins that currently exist are traded on a daily basis. How is that a bubble? Even by the examples you listed that still doesn't compare to a bubble.

I understand the no substance part, and you're right. You can't hold it, see it, or even touch it. (although there are physical coins that's beside the point) That is a limitation or hurdle that will prevent early adoption by those who can't do the above. But that still doesn't negate it's usefulness.

You can't sit there and tell any of us here that Gold and Silver are not manipulated in favor of those who think they rule us. If they created a backed currency, how would it change when they determine the value?

The wild fluctuations you are seeing are birth pains. You think the dollar was stable when it was first introduced? Even with a gold backing? Silver dropped dramatically when the comstock load was discovered. That wasn't just within the U.S. either that was globally.

Gold and Silver are a store of value, always have been, always will be. But the market is determining due to outright control and manipulation of those currencies that it will decide to use something else.

Central banks do not like crypto currencies and keep warning people to stay away. Do you want to be seen in the same light as they? They who have controlled our monetary system for the past 300 years while they enrich themselves and their families at the expense of yours?

Ares
3rd December 2013, 07:37 AM
http://smhttp.23575.nexcesscdn.net/80ABE1/sbmedia/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/nsa-headquarters.jpg
BITCOIN CREATOR AND MINING CENTER

:rolleyes: who has the most data processing power to "Mine" Bitcoins?

Look, Book and his useless pictures again. :rolleyes:

You have no idea what equipment is required for mining. Since ASIC's have come into the mining game, one mining pool alone has more processing power than the top 500 worlds super computers COMBINED.

But keep thinking it's controlled and mined by the NSA. :rolleyes:

EE_
3rd December 2013, 07:37 AM
Just observe how quickly "Gold-Silver.US" has become "Bitcoin-US".

You got that right! Just shows how real the conviction around here in PM's was in the first place.

Maybe a better site name would be "Rising-Prices.US" That way we're covered for what ever comes along.

Jewboo
3rd December 2013, 07:40 AM
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01294/bankers_1294271c.jpg
WE "BORROWED" THE MONEY FROM PENSION FUND ACCOUNTS AND BOUGHT BITCOINS

Shami-Amourae
3rd December 2013, 07:42 AM

I think we will be merging with machines in the next 100 years. What past examples or life experiences can help us relate to that? The things that are happening in the world right now are absolutely mind blowing. We are in a world were less and less people can find work since machines are so efficient that frankly most SHOULDN'T have to work anymore anyways if we theoretically ran things efficiently with current technology.

I work and live in virtual reality. I have a strong tie to technology spiritually and consciously. I'm what you might call a transhumanist (the non-control freak NWO kind though.) I believe that technology is of course a double edged sword. Those of us who believe in freedom and liberty have to constantly use it to the max to free people or the bad psychopaths who wish to enslave/harm us will do so.

Buying Gold/Silver wont take down the bankers. Creating a decentralized free market system MIGHT do it though. We are all so used to seeing rigged markets all our life than when we see a real, unrigged one it probably looks like a scam or a joke. The Rothschilds have run this system for about 300 years now and its time to end it once and for all. I have no plans on selling my Gold/Silver anytime soon, and wont trade it for any cryptos at this point. Precious metals are something physical that will always have value, so they have an important place as money, but they won't change the world.

If we don't do this, or something like this, these bankers, these psychoapths in charge will enslave us in ways so unimaginable that there will be no returning from it. I don't see any other options than to fight fire with fire.

Ares
3rd December 2013, 07:43 AM
I'm afraid you may be right. Precious metals aren't going anywhere as long as the digital currency mania is in progress.
It really might be time to sell gold and silver.

I don't think the younger generations ever really got the idea of precious metals.

Who does that leave to buy metals...a shrinking middle class of baby boomers with stagnant wages?

If the Goldman Sachs Jews are right, they're going to take gold down below $1,000. Where does the put silver...$14/$15?

The nature of the free market... It doesn't always do things we think is right. If it were up to me gold and silver would be the natural medium of exchange. It's served that purpose well until it got controlled and manipulated to service a select few. If you're posting on this forum, you aren't part of that few.

Bitcoin or crypto currencies aren't perfect. But they do offer a solution. That solution is what has Central Banks scared at the moment. The first time probably in any of our lifetimes that they are generally scared of something.

Does that not at least bring some satisfaction?

Horn
3rd December 2013, 07:44 AM

Oh boy EE_ did you ever stop to think these E-coins are a created diversion keeping you from holding one of the most undervalued and manipulated down assets classes in Silver?

They want PM's to fly up when nobody but a select few are holding them. Like Bill Still said, JP Morgan just switched to the longs. Hopefully it isn't enough to let them survive.

Jewboo
3rd December 2013, 07:48 AM
You got that right! Just shows how real the conviction around here in PM's was in the first place.

http://www.beabetterman.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/insatiably-greedy-jewry.jpg
GSUSers

:rolleyes: getting rich off of Bitcoins that were literally created out of thin air is as jew as it gets...lol.

Ares
3rd December 2013, 07:51 AM
http://www.beabetterman.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/insatiably-greedy-jewry.jpg
GSUSers

:rolleyes: getting rich off of Bitcoins that were literally created out of thin air is as jew as it gets...lol.

This coming from a guy that thinks we should keep buying into a currency that is jew controlled and manipulated on a daily basis.

You really don't understand the word hypocrisy do you Book?

Shami-Amourae
3rd December 2013, 07:53 AM

Maybe a better site name would be "Rising-Prices.US" That way we're covered for what ever comes along.

I talk about precious metals whenever I can, but there's not much going on in the precious metals market right now. I mean we talk a lot about Chimpouts, International Jewry, SHTF, and all that. I personally wish we talked about guns/ammo more on this forum since I have a deep interest in that too. Unfortunately it's hard to get away from cryptos.

I do think Precious Metals will start going up pretty soon and there will be a lot of excitement in them again. The fact that less people seem to want Precious Metals right now makes them sound like a good buy right now.

EE_
3rd December 2013, 07:55 AM
Oh boy EE_ did you ever stop to think these E-coins are a created diversion keeping you from holding one of the most undervalued and manipulated down assets classes in Silver?

They want PM's to fly up when nobody but a select few are holding them. Like Bill Still said, JP Morgan just switched to the longs. Hopefully it isn't enough to let them survive.

Sure it's possible it's a diversion. Whatever, it's working really well, PM sales in the US and at the Perth mint are falling off a cliff.
How many more tricks do they have in store to beat metals down?
When you can print all you want, you can do anything and get people to do anything for you.

Horn
3rd December 2013, 07:59 AM

Just so long as everyone doesn't turn into JoeKing and think space junk is not a torment to future generations.

There's nothing immoral about exploiting these things for what they really are, a nothing.

Why satoshi included that part about adding little scribbles and such to your Bitcoin transaction...could you imagine if each FRN including the replicated artwork were held in byte form somewhere?

Talk about a block chain with no future but centralized...lol! :)

Jewboo
3rd December 2013, 08:06 AM
You really don't understand the word hypocrisy do you Book?

Ares (http://gold-silver.us/forum/member.php?3406-Ares)
http://gold-silver.us/forum/images/statusicon/user-online.png
Bitcoin Miner <---

http://www.kitguru.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/bitcoins.jpg

Jewboo
3rd December 2013, 08:14 AM
satoshi

In November 2008, a paper was posted on the internet under the name Satoshi Nakamoto titled Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System. This paper detailed methods of using a peer-to-peer (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peer-to-peer) network to generate what was described as "a system for electronic transactions without relying on trust".[3] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satoshi_Nakamoto#cite_note-whitepaper-3)[4] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satoshi_Nakamoto#cite_note-Wired:RFB-4)[5] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satoshi_Nakamoto#cite_note-5)[6] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satoshi_Nakamoto#cite_note-6) In January 2009, the Bitcoin network came into existence with the release of the first open source (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_source) Bitcoin client and the issuance of the first bitcoins,[4] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satoshi_Nakamoto#cite_note-Wired:RFB-4)[7] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satoshi_Nakamoto#cite_note-7)[8] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satoshi_Nakamoto#cite_note-8)[9] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satoshi_Nakamoto#cite_note-9) with Satoshi Nakamoto mining the first block of bitcoins ever (known as the "genesis block"), which had a reward of 50 bitcoins. The value of the first bitcoin transactions were negotiated by individuals on the bitcointalk forums with one notable transaction involving a 10,000 BTC pizza.[4] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satoshi_Nakamoto#cite_note-Wired:RFB-4)

http://genknews.vcmedia.vn/zoom/230_180/2013/troll-the-nsa-bb944.jpg
Satoshi Nakamoto

EE_
3rd December 2013, 08:22 AM
In November 2008, a paper was posted on the internet under the name Satoshi Nakamoto titled Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System. This paper detailed methods of using a peer-to-peer (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peer-to-peer) network to generate what was described as "a system for electronic transactions without relying on trust".[3] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satoshi_Nakamoto#cite_note-whitepaper-3)[4] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satoshi_Nakamoto#cite_note-Wired:RFB-4)[5] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satoshi_Nakamoto#cite_note-5)[6] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satoshi_Nakamoto#cite_note-6) In January 2009, the Bitcoin network came into existence with the release of the first open source (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_source) Bitcoin client and the issuance of the first bitcoins,[4] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satoshi_Nakamoto#cite_note-Wired:RFB-4)[7] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satoshi_Nakamoto#cite_note-7)[8] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satoshi_Nakamoto#cite_note-8)[9] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satoshi_Nakamoto#cite_note-9) with Satoshi Nakamoto mining the first block of bitcoins ever (known as the "genesis block"), which had a reward of 50 bitcoins. The value of the first bitcoin transactions were negotiated by individuals on the bitcointalk forums with one notable transaction involving a 10,000 BTC pizza.[4] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satoshi_Nakamoto#cite_note-Wired:RFB-4)

http://genknews.vcmedia.vn/zoom/230_180/2013/troll-the-nsa-bb944.jpg
Satoshi Nakamoto

Imagine giving away your 10 million dollar lottery ticket for a couple pizzas? I don't think I could ever eat a pizza again.

http://comedyorb.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/pizza.jpg

mick silver
3rd December 2013, 08:29 AM
mined out of air

Ares
3rd December 2013, 08:32 AM
mined out of air

Posted out of thin air. :rolleyes:

It's funny that you guys post on a web forum and believe it has merit even though its just ones and zeros. Yet cant see the merit of using a piece of cryptography as a medium of exchange that can't be mined into infinity.

Horn
3rd December 2013, 08:37 AM
mined out of air

This is why the Quark coin looks attractive in a finite bubble, apparently Satoshi made the difficulty in mining option a variable?

Quark has managed to produce nearly all their coins in 6 weeks, thus becoming the most "finite" among the coins in near real time terms, while also being the most efficient in completing their mine cycle.

While Satoshi paved the way with miners as a vested interest in his utility, they are no longer required and can be shed like space junk (towards the sun or moon hopefully) :)

peace out, Ares...

Ares
3rd December 2013, 08:42 AM
Ares

Bitcoin Miner

Yep, so I know what kind of hardware you'd need to mine bitcoins. I also work in Information Technology for a living and know that the NSA has specialized hardware for data acquisition and storage. I also know that said equipment is not optimized for mining bitcoins. Even if it was CPU based doing a couple million mega hash, it still pales in comparison to a single specialized ASIC unit doing 3 TeraHash (3,000 giga hash, 3,000,000 Mega hash)

You can see in real time which pools are doing the majority of the hashing.
http://static.blockchain.info/pools.png?format=png

Even if the NSA or some government alphabet agency was the "unknown" does it even come close to some of the larger pools on there?

NOPE!!

Not to mention that the pools are all competing with each other to solve a block.

sirgonzo420
3rd December 2013, 08:43 AM
Imagine giving away your 10 million dollar lottery ticket for a couple pizzas? I don't think I could ever eat a pizza again.

http://comedyorb.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/pizza.jpg

laszlo, the Florida programmer who bought those two pizzas for 10,000 btc, is still doing ok btc-wise, methinks. His transaction helped to spur trading and bartering in bitcoin, and without his pizza buy, the rest of his bitcoins might be nominally worth less in FRNs.

EE you come across as quite avaricious, especially of late. It is unbecoming of you.

Ares
3rd December 2013, 08:45 AM
This is why the Quark coin looks attractive in a finite bubble, apparently Satoshi made the difficulty in mining option a variable?

Quark has managed to produce nearly all their coins in 6 weeks, thus becoming the most "finite" among the coins in near real time terms, while also being the most efficient in completing their mine cycle.

While Satoshi paved the way with miners as a vested interest in his utility, they are no longer required and can be shed like space junk (towards the sun or moon hopefully) :)

peace out, Ares...

Quark could win out over Bitcoin, definitely. It has extremely powerful encryption and really efficient to mine with a CPU. Which makes it accessible to anyone with a computer and not having to purchase such specialized hardware.

Neuro
3rd December 2013, 08:45 AM
I think we will be merging with machines in the next 100 years. What past examples or life experiences can help us relate to that? The things that are happening in the world right now are absolutely mind blowing. We are in a world were less and less people can find work since machines are so efficient that frankly most SHOULDN'T have to work anymore anyways if we theoretically ran things efficiently with current technology.

I work and live in virtual reality. I have a strong tie to technology spiritually and consciously. I'm what you might call a transhumanist (the non-control freak NWO kind though.) I believe that technology is of course a double edged sword. Those of us who believe in freedom and liberty have to constantly use it to the max to free people or the bad psychopaths who wish to enslave/harm us will do so.

Buying Gold/Silver wont take down the bankers. Creating a decentralized free market system MIGHT do it though. We are all so used to seeing rigged markets all our life than when we see a real, unrigged one it probably looks like a scam or a joke. The Rothschilds have run this system for about 300 years now and its time to end it once and for all. I have no plans on selling my Gold/Silver anytime soon, and wont trade it for any cryptos at this point. Precious metals are something physical that will always have value, so they have an important place as money, but they won't change the world.

If we don't do this, or something like this, these bankers, these psychoapths in charge will enslave us in ways so unimaginable that there will be no returning from it. I don't see any other options than to fight fire with fire.
Exactly what do you think has prevented these bankers from buying up the majority of the mined bitcoins during the last year what's the 300 dma of bitcoins? $80? If they did, you can rest assured it will stay, but manipulated and diluted, with bitcoin futures, derivatives, ETF's, where they can soak up any increase in demand, by just issuing more junk paper, and they make their money on being perpetually short. The only difference with gold and silver is that they are tangible, and they are not replaceable with a similar looking metal in the periodic table, like crypto-coins are. And there are not a virtually endless supply of new metals waiting to be introduced into the periodic table.

Look I do understand your sentiment, I really think I do at least, but crypto-currencies can as easily be controlled by banksters as gold, probably more so (as it is much cheaper to buy into 12 million bitcoins at $80-150, than 5 Billion ounces of gold at $12-1500, and thus they are not a good vessel for our liberation. Silver may actually be a better liberty liner since probably most of it above ground is in common mans possession, and it has been too cheap for the über-rich to consider it as a store of wealth (a ton is only $650,000 a thousand tons is $650 million, which for many über-rich is a small part of their wealth).

Horn
3rd December 2013, 08:47 AM

Shami-Amourae
3rd December 2013, 08:53 AM
Exactly what do you think has prevented these bankers from buying up the majority of the mined bitcoins during the last year what's the 300 dma of bitcoins? $80? If they did, you can rest assured it will stay, but manipulated and diluted, with bitcoin futures, derivatives, ETF's, where they can soak up any increase in demand, by just issuing more junk paper, and they make their money on being perpetually short. The only difference with gold and silver is that they are tangible, and they are not replaceable with a similar looking metal in the periodic table, like crypto-coins are. And there are not a virtually endless supply of new metals waiting to be introduced into the periodic table.

Look I do understand your sentiment, I really think I do at least, but crypto-currencies can as easily be controlled by banksters as gold, probably more so (as it is much cheaper to buy into 12 million bitcoins at $80-150, than 5 Billion ounces of gold at $12-1500, and thus they are not a good vessel for our liberation. Silver may actually be a better liberty liner since probably most of it above ground is in common mans possession, and it has been too cheap for the über-rich to consider it as a store of wealth (a ton is only $650,000 a thousand tons is $650 million, which for many über-rich is a small part of their wealth).

A banker can sell a naked paper short of Silver into market, artificially lowering the price of Silver and "increasing" the supply. You can't do that with a Bitcoin. You buy what exists, not what you write down on a ledger. We don't know exactly how much Gold/Silver ounces are above ground. We know exactly all the Bitcoins in existence. If these fuckers try to do a centralized version, people will know and most likely not buy into it.

All they can do is buy up Bitcoins and sell them. If that happens you've pretty much just made a bunch of Libertarians and Crypto-Anarchists rich, and they will take their new wealth and form a new cryptocurrency.

Horn
3rd December 2013, 08:54 AM
Silver may actually be a better liberty liner since probably most of it above ground is in common mans possession, and it has been too cheap for the über-rich to consider it as a store of wealth (a ton is only $650,000 a thousand tons is $650 million, which for many über-rich is a small part of their wealth).

Silver is the only option for Free Republics since the beginning of time and civilization.

When its coinage purity becomes lessened and dilluted you are not living in a free republic anymore. When you you are living in a Gold controlled nation you are trading wood nickels, while pharaoh trades gold.

Some things never change.

Did I mention it kills masons?

Neuro
3rd December 2013, 09:00 AM
A banker can sell a naked paper short of Silver into market, artificially lowering the price of Silver. You can't do that with a Bitcoin. You buy what exists, not what you write down on a ledger. We don't know exactly how much Gold/Silver ounces are above ground. We know exactly all the Bitcoins in existence.

All they can do is buy up Bitcoins and sell them. If that happens you've pretty much just made a bunch of Libertarians and Crypto-Anarchists rich, and they will take their new wealth and form a new cryptocurrency.
Explain to me why a banker can't do what they did with silver and gold and apply that to bitcoins. I agree with buying what exists, but most folks thinks it is probably safer and more convenient and easy to buy the banker guaranteed ETF, or a low fee down future or derivative of the real thing, because that way they can maximize the profit on their 'investment', meanwhile the banker ass rape them...

Shami-Amourae
3rd December 2013, 09:01 AM
Silver is the only option for Free Republics since the beginning of time and civilization.

When its coinage purity becomes lessened and dilluted you are not living in a free republic anymore. When you you are living in a Gold controlled nation you are trading wood nickels, while pharaoh trades gold.

Some things never change.

Did I mention it kills masons?

If given a choice, do you think they would buy Silver coins or Bitcoins?
http://www.mobilemarketingwatch.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Teen-Smartphone-Purchase-Plans-at-Record-High-300x225.jpg

Neuro
3rd December 2013, 09:09 AM
http://www.mobilemarketingwatch.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Teen-Smartphone-Purchase-Plans-at-Record-High-300x225.jpg
Shoes!

EE_
3rd December 2013, 09:12 AM
Shoes!

And make-up

Horn
3rd December 2013, 09:13 AM

If all things were good and proper, in a free republic we keep real money away from women.

Maybe allow them to carry a few doubloon bells around their ankles, as the height of fashion...http://gold-silver.us/forum/images/smilies/smiley.gif

Though there are exceptions to every rule...

EE_
3rd December 2013, 09:15 AM
Explain to me why a banker can't do what they did with silver and gold and apply that to bitcoins. I agree with buying what exists, but most folks thinks it is probably safer and more convenient and easy to buy the banker guaranteed ETF, or a low fee down future or derivative of the real thing, because that way they can maximize the profit on their 'investment', meanwhile the banker ass rape them...

What could you do if you took control of the printing presses for one month? Really?
I know what I'd do and it would raise holy hell on earth for certain groups of people.

Horn
3rd December 2013, 09:20 AM
I seriously doubt whether many americans will be even able to keep their lights on let alone along with internet and cellular service

long enough to give e-coins a chance.

The Chinese elite are just gambling with all their useless dollars currently.

Until they open up the streets to them.

EE_
3rd December 2013, 09:27 AM
If all things were good and proper, in a free republic we keep real money away from women.

Maybe allow them to carry a few doubloon bells around their ankles, as the height of fashion...http://gold-silver.us/forum/images/smilies/smiley.gif

Are we getting back to the foot fetish thing? :)

Horn
3rd December 2013, 09:31 AM
Are getting back to the foot fetish thing? :)

Is a solutions to many arguments,

or so as to provide a binding and common ground so we can all agree and appeal to the higher spirit in our nature. :)

Horn
3rd December 2013, 10:23 AM
From Pandora's Box comes E-flakes theme song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsOMpXH9OjU

Feather coin

http://wwwdelivery.superstock.com/WI/223/1566/X1300/PreviewComp/SuperStock_1566-063882.jpg

Neuro
3rd December 2013, 11:45 AM
Shami?

Horn
3rd December 2013, 11:54 AM
Just shut up, sit down, and listen to the music, Neuro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzdWPwVTWsI

E-coins are a finite substance for the aspiring banker of tomorrow.

If you can't beat them join them.

Ps. Don't forget to read the white papers.

madfranks
3rd December 2013, 08:06 PM

In the last 24 hours, litecoin has vastly outperformed feathercoin. Are you really giving up on LTC?

drafter
3rd December 2013, 08:11 PM
This site shows profitability of a bunch of various alt coins. Worldcoin isn't doing too badly.

http://www.coinchoose.com/

mick silver
4th December 2013, 05:14 AM
what mickcoins going for now

optionT
4th December 2013, 06:16 AM
In the last 24 hours, litecoin has vastly outperformed feathercoin. Are you really giving up on LTC?

I saw that. And, FTC has been choppy/slight down trend. I've been thinking of pulling some off the table. And the sell wall is HUGE, I don't see how it could get through it.

Shami-Amourae
4th December 2013, 07:49 AM
I saw that. And, FTC has been choppy/slight down trend. I've been thinking of pulling some off the table. And the sell wall is HUGE, I don't see how it could get through it.

You don't have to hold entirely in FTC. Diversify if you want. I don't see a big deal of swapping crypto for crypto. The problems are when you swap crypto for cash. Cryptos usually all go up and down together.

Son-of-Liberty
4th December 2013, 07:49 AM
WDC has surpassed market cap of FTC and is sitting in 7th position.

http://coinmarketcap.com/

Horn
4th December 2013, 08:02 AM
WDC has surpassed market cap of FTC and is sitting in 7th position.

http://coinmarketcap.com/

There's a 25% blue light special sale on the 4th place and 0 difficulty Ferengi coin Quarks today.

Son-of-Liberty
4th December 2013, 09:34 AM
QRK already slid to 6th place behind megacoin.

Son-of-Liberty
4th December 2013, 09:44 AM
Look at the 30 day graph of QRK. One month ago QRK had a market cap of $33,600, WDC had a market CAP of $823,568 FTC had a market cap of 1.7 million.

IF it wasn't for Max Kieser and Bill Stills QRK would be nothing.

I doubt QRK will be in the top 10 a month from now.

Horn
4th December 2013, 10:16 AM
QRK already slid to 6th place behind megacoin.

Is drafting those other alt. coins to use energy in the back stretch. Feather could be doing also.

Purchasing other coins with the proceeds from yours to sell at critical breakout points and turns could be the strategy.

Remember all speed on the track is governed by the lead horse.

Son-of-Liberty
4th December 2013, 10:29 AM
I never bought into WDC to just get rich quick. If you want to try and trade this market go right ahead. I trade a little but only within coins I feel have good long term prospects.

If you are serious about investing You might want to check out what is going on with worldcoin. #worldcoin using IRC chat. There is a real community of people that want the coin to succeed and they have been working hard long before anyone even knew of Quark.

Horn
4th December 2013, 10:52 AM
There is a real community of people that want the coin to succeed and they have been working hard long before anyone even knew of Quark.

Tell those people the Universe will only provide them what they need, not what they want.

Especially when trying setup some sort of temporary tent structure along side their king and master Bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NC3pcDyn1M