PDA

View Full Version : One bitcoin now an ounce of gold.

drafter
28th November 2013, 09:57 PM
Mtgox showing 1240, ticker showing gold at 1241. Looks close enough to me. Ridiculous!

Neuro
28th November 2013, 10:36 PM
Alchemy! Making gold out of silver in 9 months?

Shami-Amourae
28th November 2013, 10:43 PM
The amazing thing is I really don't think this is a bubble anymore. It's a trend of people rejecting bankster run currencies and adopting something created by the free market. Nothing like this has happened before in history and we may be witnessing the death of the 300+ year central banking empire. The winds of change are blowing whether you like it or not. You'll have to go with it kicking and screaming.

Unfortunately I don't see it being used as a currency serious for a number of years until the prices level out. Until then Bitcoin could go to $1 Million for all we know.

I think if this cryptocurrency mania wasn't going on Silver would probably be at $100 by now. The central bankers created this trend as a blowback for suppressing precious metals prices for so long.

Neuro
28th November 2013, 10:46 PM
That amazing thing is I really don't think this is a bubble anymore. It's a trend of people rejecting bankster run currencies and adopting something created by the free market. Nothing like this has happened before in history and we may be witnessing the death of the 300+ year central banking empire. The winds of change are blowing whether you like it or not. You'll have to go with it kicking and screaming.,

Unfortunately I don't see it being used as a currency serious for a number of years until the prices level out. Until then Bitcoin could go to $1 Million for all we know.
In every bubble in history people have said it is different this time!

Shami-Amourae
28th November 2013, 10:47 PM
In every bubble in history people have said it is different this time!

Every bubble. Key word.

Rationality doesn't exist anymore. Do the opposite of what makes sense to get ahead.

Horn
28th November 2013, 11:31 PM
That amazing thing is I really don't think this is a bubble anymore. It's a trend of people rejecting bankster run currencies and adopting something created by the free market.

Its pure speculation in a contained and completely controlled market. Gold and Silver are in the same bag, if it were a currency operating and supported by a free market. I would be able to spend it at the corner store as tender.

People and merchants aren't adopting it, they are being fed into it by speculation and greed as a contained market derivative.

If it ever does hit the freedom of the streets you will see and hear the 0% intrinsic giant sucking sound, sucking in anything that is real.

Neuro
29th November 2013, 02:43 AM
Every bubble. Key word.

Rationality doesn't exist anymore. Do the opposite of what makes sense to get ahead.
Typical bubble mentality "Rationality doesn't exist anymore." However reality has this nasty habit of coming back with a vengeance. Rationality has just taken a vacation. An ounce of gold or a bit of nothing? Same price... Rational man would pick gold, bubble man picks bit of nothing... Certainly the same case could have been mentioned when a bit of nothing was priced the same as an ounce of silver, so now rational man looks really stupid. I don't know if rationality will come back now or a week later when a bit of nothing buys 4 ounces of gold, but it doesn't mean rational man is stupid, just looks like that...

EE_
29th November 2013, 03:55 AM
The amazing thing is I really don't think this is a bubble anymore. It's a trend of people rejecting bankster run currencies and adopting something created by the free market. Nothing like this has happened before in history and we may be witnessing the death of the 300+ year central banking empire. The winds of change are blowing whether you like it or not. You'll have to go with it kicking and screaming.

I think if this cryptocurrency mania wasn't going on Silver would probably be at $100 by now. The central bankers created this trend as a blowback for suppressing precious metals prices for so long.

How is this people rejecting bankster run currencies, when everyone is buying in with the motive to get more bankster run currencies? Bitcoins are dollars and everyone is in it for dollars...don't kid yourself.

The bankers are printing dollars like mad men with the hope of getting these dollars moving/circulating anywhere they can. The bankers must be loving bitcoin!
We know the bankers hate gold and silver, because they have what it takes to be a true competing currency...real intrinsic value.

If people really wanted to stop the Fed, they would be using all these billions being bet on digital dollar currencies to buy gold and silver.

You guys have done great on bitcoin and the others, and they will probably go higher for the simple fact people are greedy and can't stand to miss out on a mania. People have taken leave of their senses, again. It's happened time after time throughout history.

mick silver
30th November 2013, 12:07 PM
thank you EE
How is this people rejecting bankster run currencies, when everyone is buying in with the motive to get more bankster run currencies? Bitcoins are dollars and everyone is in it for dollars...don't kid yourself.

The bankers are printing dollars like mad men with the hope of getting these dollars moving/circulating anywhere they can. The bankers must be loving bitcoin!
We know the bankers hate gold and silver, because they have what it takes to be a true competing currency...real intrinsic value.

If people really wanted to stop the Fed, they would be using all these billions being bet on digital dollar currencies to buy gold and silver.

You guys have done great on bitcoin and the others, and they will probably go higher for the simple fact people are greedy and can't stand to miss out on a mania. People have taken leave of their senses, again. It's happened time after time throughout history.

sirgonzo420
3rd December 2013, 10:21 AM
Not everyone involved in bitcoin is in it for the dollars.

drafter
3rd December 2013, 10:30 AM

Yes indeed! Those bitcoins can be converted directly into gold and silver.

https://agoracommodities.com/

I mean really, what is the difference between taking "paper" to a dealer to buy some gold or transferring some digits to buy some gold. You're still getting some gold people regardless of what is "backed" by what. I guess I'm looking at the endgame, gold and silver, who really cares how you get there.

Horn
3rd December 2013, 10:55 AM
"I believe that E-coins are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow E-coin programs to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the exchanges that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the E-coin programs and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."

drafter
3rd December 2013, 10:59 AM
"I believe that E-coins are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow E-coin programs to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the exchanges that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the E-coin programs and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."

Sounds like something a politician would say. "Let us regulate it.......for the children of course"

Horn
3rd December 2013, 11:09 AM
Sounds like something a politician would say. "Let us regulate it.......for the children of course"

The evidence lies in an unbacked dollar from the 70's onward,

Anytime you allow a worthless item to govern your monetary system, it results in a nation of disposable society.

Jewboo
3rd December 2013, 11:17 AM

http://cf.chucklesnetwork.agj.co/items/4/4/4/8/8/i-dont-always-lol-but-when-i-do-i-never-roflmao.jpg

Horn
3rd December 2013, 11:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9NAerwlYWw

Leaving the things that are real behind