PDA

View Full Version : Scientists find second, 'hidden' language in human genetic code

vacuum
13th December 2013, 11:21 AM
But I thought scientists already understood all this stuff and GMO modifications were well understood and known to be harmless?

Scientists find second, 'hidden' language in human genetic code

UPI 12/12/2013 11:12:42 PM

SEATTLE, Dec. 12 (UPI) --
U.S. geneticists say a second code hiding within DNA changes how scientists read its instructions and interpret mutations to make sense of health and disease.

Since the genetic code was deciphered in the 1960s, scientists have assumed it was used exclusively to write information about proteins, but University of Washington scientists say they've discovered genomes use the genetic code to write two separate "languages."

One, long understood, describes how proteins are made, while the other instructs the cell on how genes are controlled. One language is written on top of the other, which is why the second language remained hidden for so long, a university release said Thursday.

"For over 40 years we have assumed that DNA changes affecting the genetic code solely impact how proteins are made," UW genome sciences Professor John Stamatoyannopoulos said. "Now we know that this basic assumption about reading the human genome missed half of the picture. These new findings highlight that DNA is an incredibly powerful information storage device, which nature has fully exploited in unexpected ways."

Parts of the genetic code have two meanings, one related to protein sequence, and one related to gene control, the researchers said, and both apparently evolved in concert with each other.

The gene control instructions appear to help stabilize certain beneficial features of proteins and how they are made, they said.

The discovery has major implications for how scientists and physicians interpret a patient's genome and could open new doors to the diagnosis and treatment of disease, Stamatoyannopoulos said.

"The fact that the genetic code can simultaneously write two kinds of information means that many DNA changes that appear to alter protein sequences may actually cause disease by disrupting gene control programs or even both mechanisms simultaneously," he said.

http://www.breitbart.com/system/wire/upiUPI-20131212-174536-3107

ShortJohnSilver
13th December 2013, 01:22 PM
The Bible and even other religious texts talk about genetics, maybe not from a scientific understanding but from a spiritual perspective and based on long observation.

Telegony is true, though scientists don't want to admit it.

madfranks
13th December 2013, 02:14 PM
The conventional logic is breathtakingly arrogant. Not even one decade after "decoding" the human genome, scientists could only see relevant effects of 3% of the genetic code, and thus they enthusiastically concluded that the other 97% must be junk (they actually call them junk genes), with no purpose at all, and is free to be damaged, poked, removed, interfered with, etc. and it will have no effect at all on anything else. And yet every year since then they've been discovering that in fact, these "junk" genes (surprise!) actually do serve a purpose! Too late though for animals and plants that have been genetically modified by tinkering with the "junk", that's damage that is irreparable at current levels of technology.

Spectrism
13th December 2013, 06:24 PM
Here are the markers that let you know clearly this is garbage "science"....

Since the genetic code was deciphered in the 1960s, scientists have assumed it was used exclusively to write information about proteins, but University of Washington scientists say they've discovered genomes use the genetic code to write two separate "languages."

Parts of the genetic code have two meanings, one related to protein sequence, and one related to gene control, the researchers said, and both apparently evolved in concert with each other.

Cebu_4_2
13th December 2013, 06:55 PM
Just wait til monsanto gets into the weed business...

7th trump
13th December 2013, 07:20 PM
The Bible and even other religious texts talk about genetics, maybe not from a scientific understanding but from a spiritual perspective and based on long observation.

Telegony is true, though scientists don't want to admit it.

What do you think that rib was when God took it from of Adam to form Eve?
The rib is symbolic of DNA's helix curve.

Shepards chapel has been saying this about the rib and DNA in their Bible study's for decades.
Arnold Murray may not be liked by many (their lose), but Arnolds decades ahead of anybody I've seen!
Some of things you people post about Bible passages that has "supposedly" recently been discovered...........that astonishes you....well Arnold has had them copy righted for years. He does this so they cant be rewritten to conceal so easily. Arnold uses the copy right process so those of the synagogue of satan cant rewrite the truth.
Like I say....decades ahead of everyone.
And I believe some of these mainstream media church outlets you see on tv in the mornings are directly using Arnolds bible study's....almost verbatim at times.
Its easy to notice because Jack Van Impe teaches passages that you can only understand by understanding other passages which van Impe doesn't understand.....there's only one person who can do this and has been doing this......... and its Arnold.

mick silver
13th December 2013, 08:10 PM
http://gold-silver.us/forum/showthread.php?74648-Monsanto-Marijuana-Initiative-Grows-in-Uruguay

ShortJohnSilver
13th December 2013, 08:15 PM
7th, do you have some intro links?

Note that people made fun of the Orthodox Church for teaching telegony. But recent research showed not only that male DNA makes it into a woman's brain (and possibly other parts of the body) and stays there for the rest of her life, but, they found male DNA in women's brains that had never had male children!

This means either (or possibly both) that a) the mother of the woman passed it on via the umbilical cord when pregnant b) the woman absorbed male DNA from unprotected sexual intercourse.

a) means that Ezekiel 18:2 - What mean ye, that ye use this proverb concerning the land of Israel, saying, The fathers have eaten sour grapes, and the children's teeth are set on edge? ... could that refer to DNA transferred down the line?

b) means of course, that sexual purity is very important for women - they cannot sleep around without consequences.

Neuro
14th December 2013, 05:00 AM
The conventional logic is breathtakingly arrogant. Not even one decade after "decoding" the human genome, scientists could only see relevant effects of 3% of the genetic code, and thus they enthusiastically concluded that the other 97% must be junk (they actually call them junk genes), with no purpose at all, and is free to be damaged, poked, removed, interfered with, etc. and it will have no effect at all on anything else. And yet every year since then they've been discovering that in fact, these "junk" genes (surprise!) actually do serve a purpose! Too late though for animals and plants that have been genetically modified by tinkering with the "junk", that's damage that is irreparable at current levels of technology.
It is a bit like the scientologists that claim, that only a small part of the brain is used, and you can increase its capacity 10-folds. This is bullshit of course all the brain is used, of course it can be argued that sometimes we use it for tasks that doesn't require much, and doesn't create much benefits... Like watching football. Sometimes it can require an enormous effort, with negative benefits, like Trollhunting at GSUS ;), or inventing atomic bombs...

Cebu_4_2
14th December 2013, 05:30 AM
Or debating the people praying for the (non) dead children of Sandy Hook. Man what a beginning of a day.

Horn
14th December 2013, 11:17 AM
Sometimes it can require an enormous effort, with negative benefits, like Trollhunting at GSUS ;), or inventing atomic bombs...

Like trying to make cottage cheese in a Turkish climate?

This makes me worry of more complex modifications taking place.

Neuro
14th December 2013, 11:46 AM
Like trying to make cottage cheese in a Turkish climate?

This makes me worry of more complex modifications taking place.
Hey we had 8 inches of snow here a couple of days ago. It all melted away though. But they do make many excellent cheeses in this country. None of them are cottage cheese though IMO...

Horn
14th December 2013, 11:50 AM
None of them are cottage cheese though IMO...

I would think those kurd-ish types could make a whey excellent compliment cottage cheese, are their genetic types found only at upper elevations?

Neuro
14th December 2013, 11:58 AM
I would think those kurd-ish types could make a whey excellent compliment cottage cheese, are their genetic types found only at upper elevations?
If they are talked about, they are referred to as mountain-Turks...

Horn
14th December 2013, 12:07 PM
If they are talked about, they are referred to as mountain-Turks...

How does Google know when I type in turkey, that i mean the country, is it a Quantum Quark type genetic second language algorithm?

Unlike the Turkish people (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkish_people), the Kurds speak an Indo-European language (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indo-European_language). There are Kurds living in all provinces of Turkey, but are primarily concentrated in the east and southeast of the country, which largely resembles the region of Kurdistan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurdistan).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurds_in_Turkey

Cebu_4_2
14th December 2013, 01:48 PM
How does Google know when I type in turkey, that i mean the country, is it a Quantum Quark type genetic second language algorithm?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurds_in_Turkey
duckduckgo.com, says they have no clue

Neuro
14th December 2013, 01:51 PM
duckduckgo.com, says they have no clue
Don't trust a duck to give an objective opinion on turkey

Cebu_4_2
14th December 2013, 02:01 PM
I like turkeys altho they make me sleepy

Horn
14th December 2013, 04:12 PM
I like turkeys altho they make me sleepy

Turkey's have a second language hidden in their DNA too, or is only human?