Norweger
15th December 2013, 07:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDu0jYiz-v8

Cebu_4_2
15th December 2013, 08:29 PM
What a trip!

Spectrism
16th December 2013, 12:49 PM
Right from the start I saw something was wrong. Either the plane had lift trouble at take off or the pilot was lazy. It seemed to drag along the ground too long. The pilot seemed oblivious to low altitude. I am glad it was the pilot that took the beating more than the passengers. Justice. He had no business flying.

midnight rambler
16th December 2013, 01:02 PM
Right from the start I saw something was wrong. Either the plane had lift trouble at take off or the pilot was lazy. It seemed to drag along the ground too long. The pilot seemed oblivious to low altitude. I am glad it was the pilot that took the beating more than the passengers. Justice. He had no business flying.

Yeah, the pilot definitely didn't have his shit together. As soon as he had transitional lift he should have been climbing out as best that plane could muster. He never got in the envelope. He should have turned around and put it back on the ground the moment he realized he had sub-par performance, that it wasn't climbing out as it should. Best time to bring it back in is the very moment you realize it isn't flying right. They were very lucky, their injuries could have been much worse.

VX1
16th December 2013, 02:08 PM
Mountain flying is as dangerous as it gets. Little miscalculation with density altitude there.

Silver Rocket Bitches!
16th December 2013, 03:34 PM
Senior citizens are dangerous driving any sort of vehicle.

Spectrism
16th December 2013, 04:54 PM
That image of seeing the trees ahead and on the side higher than you are... I have had many dreams like that.... in an aircraft where someone else was driving and I couldn't get the thing out of the trees. Somehow in my dreams I never crash.

VX1
16th December 2013, 06:42 PM
Besides the bad calculation on weight and density altitude, it's really inexplicable that he made the gradual turn to the trees, when straight ahead it looked like at least another mile of almost perfect landing area. The one thing he absolutely did right however, and the only reason they lived, is not to make any sharp turns in an attempt to avoid taking his licks in the trees. Non-pilots, and even a lot of pilots tend to think the dangers up there are the weather, structural failure, or collision with another plane, but those make up only 10% of fatalities. Most all fatalities in general aviation are from miscoordination in turns. The pilot feels he's about to stall in a turn, and goes by instinct instead of training, and that instinct is to get the plane level again, but moving the aileron on the downward wing raises that wingtip's angle of attack enough to stall, and down he goes into a spin. If you don't have a thousand feet or so between you and the ground to attempt a recovery, you're as good as dead. Apart from that, if a pilot can just fly the plane all the way to the ground without inducing a stall, a fatality would be very rare. Thinking the rudder is used for turning also keeps the funeral business churning.

SWRichmond
16th December 2013, 07:06 PM
overloaded, took way too long to rotate, wayyy too long. Had the opportunity to abort the takeoff and should have done so. Tried to gain altitude and couldn't, damn near stalled it, nosed down to gain speed. Too heavy, not enough engine, etc etc.

Cebu_4_2
16th December 2013, 07:21 PM
Weak. If anyone worked/built a plane that thing was very weak. Kinda like a racecar that only runs in 87 octane.. What you want?