PDA

View Full Version : My trip to my one store town.......me.............. V

Ponce
30th December 2013, 01:21 PM
Would you believe $3.68 for a pound of grapes?....$2.15 for a pound of bananas?....$5.25 for a gallon of milk.....$11.00 for half of what just to be a regular size of coffee can?, actually now is made of cardboard.........and so on.

How can a family of four live (if you call it living) under this conditions?......but, it looked to me that just about everyone had a phone stuck to their ears AND SMOKING......Americanos will get what they deserved for being so friking STUPID.

I only feel sorry for their kids who are learning all the wrong doings from their parents instead of learning all the right things from their school......... from their schools?, sorry, wrong thing to say because school now days are as bad as their parents.

No matter if it is the economy, water, war, food, jobs, zombies, street people, oil, any of this things will set up everything else and there WILL BE NO END.....is going to be BAD, BAD, BAD.

V

palani
30th December 2013, 01:30 PM
Another guy might see opportunity.

$2.15 a lb for bananas? Here we can get them for $.38. If I knew I could get $2.15 I would load up a ton of them at $.38 ($760) and truck them out to you for $4,300.

Milk at $5.25? A good holstein will give 20,000 lbs of milk a year or 2,500 gallons a year. Would you milk a cow if you could get $13,125 a year from her?

chad
30th December 2013, 01:31 PM
LOL on the grapes thing. i did that by mistake the other day. kids wanted some grapes, so i grabbed two bags. it was like $8. at first i was all confused and thought the lady had wrung it up wrong, but then she was like, no, they're $4 a pound.

i filled up 7 big gallon totes with coffee about 5 years ago though, so i am good to go there for awhile.

Shami-Amourae
30th December 2013, 01:36 PM
Go to a bigger town and check out the prices of real (organic) food. You're lucky its even that cheap. I pay more for organic food in a month than I do for my rent.

Glass
30th December 2013, 03:00 PM
agreed ponce. I wonder sometimes what the switch was that suddenly made a whole generation of stupid. The generation that came after me seems to know absolutely nothing of any use. They would have children in the 30's now. No skills or knowledge passed down what so ever from parent to child. But I know parent who have chosen to leave it to the schools for everything, knowledge, health care and fitness. I try and point out that schools have none of those things so the child will not get them from there. Usual response.

madfranks
30th December 2013, 03:26 PM
Well it is off-season for fresh fruits like grapes. At my local grocery store they had fresh cherries, but for $6.99 a pound. It ain't cheap shipping in fresh fruits from South America this time of year.

palani
30th December 2013, 03:28 PM
I can get a lug of fresh apples for about $18 here. Curds are $4.50 a pound fresh (boy do they squeek when you bite into them).