PDA

View Full Version : Warren Buffett will give away $1 billion for a perfect March Madness bracket

Libertytree
21st January 2014, 10:55 AM
Warren Buffett just took March Madness to the next level, to Warren Buffett level. The gajillionaire businessman has partnered with Quicken Loans to give away one billion dollars to any college basketball fan with a perfect bracket this March. According to Business Insider (http://www.businessinsider.com/warren-buffett-billion-dollar-bracket-2014-1), the winner, hopefully me, will be paid out in 40 annual installments of $25 million or an immediate $500 million lump sum payment.

The fun doesn’t stop there; the top 20 qualified participants will receive $100,000 toward buying, refinancing or remodeling a home.

Odds of filling out a perfect bracket are 1 in 9.2 quintillion, says USA Today (http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2013/03/19/ncaa-tournament-perfect-bracket-odds-quintillion/1999795/).

I know I'm only one of very few here that follow college basketball and I play multiple of these bracket games yearly, where I usually lose but there have been highlights too. But even if you don't follow it why not give it a go? Beginners luck WTH.

The details aren't out yet but this would be a great payday for someone.

chad
21st January 2014, 11:03 AM
football is over soon, need something else to distract the plebs. oh, march madness!

StreetsOfGold
21st January 2014, 11:05 AM
Odds of filling out a perfect bracket are 1 in 9.2 quintillion

Those are GREAT odds when you consider the odds of just ONE cell forming accidently according to the evolution model, which of course, happened (sarcasm)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtdmeAOZ2eg

Libertytree
21st January 2014, 11:05 AM
football is over soon, need something else to distract the plebs. oh, march madness!

Good thing we're not plebs!

madfranks
21st January 2014, 11:13 AM
Those are GREAT odds when you consider the odds of just ONE cell forming accidently according to the evolution model, which of course, happened (sarcasm)

Nominated for derail of the year. It's only January but I bet this one will hold through 2014.

StreetsOfGold
21st January 2014, 11:16 AM
Nominated for derail of the year. It's only January but I bet this one will hold through 2014.

sorry but when I see such odds being expressed I can't help but not think of what the odds that people have taken when they claim to believe in evolution

EE_
21st January 2014, 11:28 AM
Warren Buffett just took March Madness to the next level, to Warren Buffett level. The gajillionaire businessman has partnered with Quicken Loans to give away one billion dollars to any college basketball fan with a perfect bracket this March. According to Business Insider (http://www.businessinsider.com/warren-buffett-billion-dollar-bracket-2014-1), the winner, hopefully me, will be paid out in 40 annual installments of $25 million or an immediate $500 million lump sum payment.

The fun doesn’t stop there; the top 20 qualified participants will receive $100,000 toward buying, refinancing or remodeling a home.

Odds of filling out a perfect bracket are 1 in 9.2 quintillion, says USA Today (http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2013/03/19/ncaa-tournament-perfect-bracket-odds-quintillion/1999795/).

I know I'm only one of very few here that follow college basketball and I play multiple of these bracket games yearly, where I usually lose but there have been highlights too. But even if you don't follow it why not give it a go? Beginners luck WTH.

The details aren't out yet but this would be a great payday for someone.

I just got off the phone with all the teams with an offer to equally split the loot between 337 teams, if they throw all the games needed to fill the perfect bracket.
Each team and I will get $2,958,579.88
The fix is in!

Libertytree
21st January 2014, 11:30 AM

Ain't no way...yet...that this could qualify because 7th and Palani haven't joined in the fray.

Libertytree
21st January 2014, 11:32 AM
I just got off the phone with all the teams with an offer to equally split the loot between 337 teams if they throw all the games needed to fill the perfect bracket. Each team and I will get $2,958,579.88 The fix is in!

We must have talked with different people :)

EE_
21st January 2014, 11:35 AM
We must have talked with different people :)

Well, we should get together on this and take that Jew Buffet's money.

Libertytree
21st January 2014, 12:00 PM
All joking aside, I'd be interested in pooling if anyone is game.

iOWNme
21st January 2014, 12:17 PM
Buffet will write off the 1 billion in taxes, and then turn around and get 5 billion in 'Government' subsidies.

Ponce
21st January 2014, 12:35 PM
I am not into sports so that I don't know what the heck they are talking about......and one billion is nothing, say one trillion and then I will understand the meaning of "money".....for one billion the presses have to run for and extra 36 minutes and that's all.

V