PDA

View Full Version : Which Tablet to get?

ImaCannin
21st January 2014, 05:22 PM
I have been toying with the idea of getting a tablet, mainly for reading books late at night when I cant sleep. Anyone got any suggestions on which one is the best one? I saw the Samsung at Costco. I thought the 8" was a good size, and would be easy to hold while laying in bed.
I think it cost 239.00.

What are your thoughts? Good Bad and Ugly - I wanna hear them~

Ima

woodman
21st January 2014, 06:29 PM
I have a Samsung Galaxy and I like it a lot. No problems with it in 2 years. I have an I-pad also and it has been excellent but I think it is too pricey. My Samsung has voice recongnition also, which is a nice feature, but probably is standard anymore.

zap
21st January 2014, 06:30 PM
I got knot-head one last year Feb, $ 350.00 with a case and the damn screen saver.
It is a Samsung also.

I just measured it, (6 3/4x10)

I don't use it, but she has no problem downloading games and books, I just don't have the patience for technology.

She likes it and We've had no problems.

Ponce
21st January 2014, 06:42 PM
I have had the kindle for the past year and with no problem........I only use it for unloading and reading books, and that's it. It cost me $79.00........but......you need light to read it with......they do sell them with build in light that cost a little bit more.

V

ShortJohnSilver
21st January 2014, 07:13 PM
Check the resolution and the screen size. If you can, get a full HD resolution, 1920x1080, the display will be super-sharp and thus easier to read.

willie pete
21st January 2014, 07:23 PM
I'm thinking by the time you get what you want in a tablet, aren't you in the price range of a laptop which has a larger viewing screen?

*stay warm out there ima ;D

Hitch
21st January 2014, 08:14 PM
If you are just going to read books with it, the kindle paper white is fantastic. It has a different screen than the other tablets that is easier on the eyes while reading. You can't play games or browse the internet with it though. But, for just reading, I love it.

madfranks
22nd January 2014, 07:56 AM
Check the resolution and the screen size. If you can, get a full HD resolution, 1920x1080, the display will be super-sharp and thus easier to read.

This +1. If you're getting a tablet with a LCD screen, make sure it has very high resolution, otherwise you'll end up hurting your eyes trying to read on it. The samsung galaxy tabs are pretty good, but IMO the ipad has the best LCD screen for reading.

If your focus is really to get an e-reader, I agree with Ponce, get the original Kindle with the synthetic paper & ink screen. It's amazing how the screen looks just like paper, with no glare or loss of clarity at any angle.

chad
22nd January 2014, 07:59 AM
don't get one, gs-us always has the sex hack.

monty
22nd January 2014, 10:03 AM
don't get one, gs-us always has the sex hack.

Yea, it is baack on today.

JohnQPublic
22nd January 2014, 11:56 AM
This +1. If you're getting a tablet with a LCD screen, make sure it has very high resolution, otherwise you'll end up hurting your eyes trying to read on it. The samsung galaxy tabs are pretty good, but IMO the ipad has the best LCD screen for reading.

If your focus is really to get an e-reader, I agree with Ponce, get the original Kindle with the synthetic paper & ink screen. It's amazing how the screen looks just like paper, with no glare or loss of clarity at any angle.

It is paper printed with e-ink (http://www.eink.com/).