PDA

View Full Version : rocket stove guy is finally back on ebay

chad
5th February 2014, 05:26 PM
again, this is free if you are looking for a rocket stove heater core (can also be used as stand alone). he must be on crack selling them for $25. i have several, they are awesome; go buy one now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/COMPACT-ROCKET-STOVE-CAMP-BUGOUT-WOOD-BURNING-WITH-CAPS-MADE-IN-THE-USA-/261391573835?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cdc26e34b

Libertytree
5th February 2014, 05:43 PM
Thanks man, I'm gonna get one of these! I can't believe they're only $25, dayum!

Hitch
5th February 2014, 06:52 PM
Chad just bought one thanks for this post. This stove will be a backup shtf stove in my rv, but will most likely use it quite a bit on any adventures I take.

I can't thank you enough man, for your contributions and stove knowledge. And the smoker, still use that smoker like crazy and makes awesome fish dinners (with the best fish sandwiches the next day) as well.

Cheers, thanks a lot.

Hitch
17th February 2014, 09:11 PM
I got this stove in today, and had the chance try it out. Works great! The seller even included the end caps. This is a stove that will not collect dust. I plan on cooking with it while camping. Chad is right as usual. If you don't own one of these, buy one now.

Horn
17th February 2014, 11:01 PM
Chad is right as usual.

Who is this Hitch guy, and what has he done with Hitcher?

What would you cook upon it?

chad
18th February 2014, 10:56 AM
hands down, this is the cheapest rocket stove you will probably ever see. the materials alone have to cost almost what he wants for it.

midnight rambler
18th February 2014, 11:09 AM
What's a rocket stove heater core?? ???

chad
18th February 2014, 11:30 AM
What's a rocket stove heater core?? ???

if you want a stove that holds radiated heat after you're done using it (and uses less fuel), you can put this "core" in the middle of a steel bucket, cut a hole for the vent, and surround it with volcanic rock, ash, or sand. this medium will insulate and retain heat.

Cebu_4_2
18th February 2014, 06:59 PM
This is only 2x3 tube... I don't know how he does the end caps but I can produce this cheap. I wouldn't want to give it away though. He is not making much on this, maybe 10 bux a pop.

osoab
18th February 2014, 07:03 PM
Is that 4x4x3/16 tube about 8" long each direction?

Hitch
18th February 2014, 07:44 PM
Who is this Hitch guy, and what has he done with Hitcher?

What would you cook upon it?

Lol. I plan on cooking bacon and eggs with it in the morning. It will support a pot or pan. You could even roast marshmallows or make campfire donuts. You could use it for a mini campfire....or a stove. It is very cool.

Horn
18th February 2014, 09:35 PM
Lol. I plan on cooking bacon and eggs with it in the morning. It will support a pot or pan. You could even roast marshmallows or make campfire donuts. You could use it for a mini campfire....or a stove. It is very cool.

And if you damage your bumper the night before while intoxicated, you could always spotweld it into replace...

Hitch
18th February 2014, 09:45 PM
And if you damage your bumper the night before while intoxicated, you could always spotweld it into replace...

Horn, if you are drunk you would not be able to light this stove.

It is really made with precision, skilled welding, and advanced dynamics. A bargain at this insane selling price.

Horn
19th February 2014, 06:16 AM
Horn, if you are drunk you would not be able to light this stove.

That's a heluva red herring, when else would I need such a thing but when I'm partially polished.

(polished as in buffed with beer, not Polished as in having spent many weeks in outer Slovakia)