PDA

View Full Version : Why hasn't someone launched GoogleCoin?...

EE_
10th February 2014, 04:53 AM
before Google gets the name for their own crypto?

Google couldn't do a damn thing about it, right? Thoughts?

It is highly likely that Google is in wait-and-see mode for now with regards to cryptocurrencies, but we are sure that this segment has their full attention. We recently read that Google would possibly accept bitcoins in its payment ecosystem Google Wallet, but we suspect that it might be a bit too early for that. Furthermore, Google might be a candidate for launching its own cryptocurrency in our opinion. The Googlecoin or Gcoin. Google has the largest P2P network in the world, which is what powers a cryptocurrency. Sounds crazy? We don’t think so. Don’t forget that Google owns banking licenses for the most important countries in the world. One day, Google could start putting those licenses to work, and what better way to serve the financial side than with its own cryptocurrency. It would be relatively cheap to do so, and the insight and data arising from its usage would be a huge advantage to the company.

While the competition is struggling, Google is innovating non-stop. Organically and through acquisitions, the company is creating additional shareholder value in the technology sector with seemingly relative ease. Not by sitting on its cash, which seems to be Apple’s approach. As a consequence, GOOG remains a favourite technology stock of Sprout Money. It's not only an advertising search gigant, but a robotics, 'internet of things', AI, ... , and maybe also a future cryptocurrency play.

http://www.zerohedge.com/contributed/2014-02-09/googlecoin-coming

Shami-Amourae
10th February 2014, 04:56 AM
Because no one intelligent trusts Google.

EE_
10th February 2014, 05:25 AM
Because no one intelligent trusts Google.

But you so called crypto-coin libertarians claim you want to stick it to the big boys...what better way to stick your finger in their eye? I'd want to beat Google to the punch just to screw anything they are planning.

Maybe I'm wrong, you guys really don't care about screwing the big boys like you say and the real reason is to fill your pockets without working, like Bill Still and Max Keiser.

A few other names I'd like to see launched:

GoldmanSachsCoin
JPMorganCoin
WellsFargoCoin
BankofAmericaCoin
GeorgeSorosCoin
USGovernmentCoin
USDollarCoin
EuroCoin
YuanCoin

Shami-Amourae
10th February 2014, 05:36 AM
But you so called crypto-coin libertarians claim you want to stick it to the big boys...what better way to stick your finger in their eye? I'd want to beat Google to the punch just to screw anything they are planning.

Maybe I'm wrong, you guys really don't care about screwing the big boys like you say and the real reason is to fill your pockets without working, like Bill Still and Max Keiser.

A few other names I'd like to see launched:

GoldmanSachsCoin
JPMorganCoin
WellsFargoCoin
BankofAmericaCoin
GeorgeSorosCoin
USGovernmentCoin
USDollarCoin
EuroCoin
YuanCoin

There is the USDe. (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=410254.0)

But a lot of us hate those organizations/things and want to do our own thing.

EE_
10th February 2014, 05:41 AM
There is the USDe. (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=410254.0)

But a lot of us hate those organizations/things and want to do our own thing.

It's not about doing your own thing (filling your pockets without working)...it's about sticking it to the man the libertarian way!
These coins don't have to be successful, they just need to trade to eliminate the competition before they get started.
These so called "intellegent people" you speak of, should see this coming.

PS. I call bullshit on anyone that says they are in cryptos because they are libertarians.

Horn
10th February 2014, 05:55 AM
There are areas of intelligence and innovation, sadly (or not) programmers are probably near the lowest on the totem pole when it comes to marketable employment.

The other side of the coin is having it driven solely by the marketing dept., as is evident in Facebook and Obamacare offerings.

Or the current Google "world domination" trend in programming. While a good attempt, many blackholes are developed leading nowhere...

madfranks
10th February 2014, 09:39 AM
Yeah, this would be like buying "coke.com" right when the internet started and refusing to sell the rights to Coca cola!!! Hell yes, someone needs to start GoogleCoin just so they can't!!!

Shami-Amourae
10th February 2014, 09:49 AM
Yeah, this would be like buying "coke.com" right when the internet started and refusing to sell the rights to Coca cola!!! Hell yes, someone needs to start GoogleCoin just so they can't!!!

No it's not. No one I know who is into cryptocurrencies wants a cryptocurrency made by Google or any of these corporations. These corporations would want a centrally controlled crypto too anyways.

Shami-Amourae
10th February 2014, 09:51 AM
PS. I call bullshit on anyone that says they are in cryptos because they are libertarians.

What about people who are into Gold/Silver?

Horn
10th February 2014, 09:56 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbDHdMuf7_Q

EE_
10th February 2014, 11:35 AM

I don't own PM's because I have libertarian views.
I own them to:
1) remove my money from a criminal system that can confiscate your money at will for any reason
2) to protect the value of money from a criminal debasement of the dollar
3) to buy into a rising asset, which I began on May 10, 2004. Gold $375 Silver $$4.51
4) If you can't hold it in your hand, you got stugots!
5) They're anonymous and can be traded anonymously

*Note: Bitcoin has only made #3 on my list

mick silver
10th February 2014, 11:46 AM
ee stop buying bitcoin and get in on mickcoin thats were all the big money moving too .

EE_
10th February 2014, 11:54 AM
ee stop buying bitcoin and get in on mickcoin thats were all the big money moving too .

I'm waiting to buy GoogleCoin. The Google Jew boys have the power and the backing to blow all other cryptos out of the water with their own version.

Plus I heard the "libertarian" crypto guys, ya know, the one's that want to stick it to the man...they are content to sit back and watch all their toy-coins get decimated by Google and not do a damn thing about it.
They're about to have the man stick it to them hard and with no vasoline.

Ares
10th February 2014, 11:56 AM
I'm waiting to buy GoogleCoin. The Google Jew boys have the power and the backing to blow all other cryptos out of the water with their own version.

Plus I heard the "libertarian" crypto guys, ya know, the one's that want to stick it to the man...they are content to sit back and watch all their toy-coins get decimated by Google and not do a damn thing about it.
They're about to have the man stick it to them hard and with no vasoline.

There's already an Amazon coin (self created and released only within Amazon) and it's not doing too well from the last I heard. It's treated more as a gift card novelty. So corporations most certainly can create their own coins, but it's up to people to use them.

http://cdn.amazonblogs.com/developer_blog/images/6a0148c71fb71b970c017c3697ba65970b.png

Released Feb 2013.

Here's the official Amazon website:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1001166401

EE_
10th February 2014, 12:00 PM
There's already an Amazon coin (self created and released only within Amazon) and it's not doing too well from the last I heard. It's treated more as a gift card novelty. So corporations most certainly can create their own coins, but it's up to people to use them.

It doesn't matter if it does well, it only matters that these Jew bastards with hugely over-inflated egos can't get the name.
Amazon ain't no Google, by the way.

At least Amazon secured the name in case cryptos take off.

Horn
10th February 2014, 12:14 PM
That would probably be the best thing that all the hip crypsters should do at this point, tie onto to some major real market supplier.

But no, they choose dollar velocity and DogE-coin speculation.

Dollar velocity and moral drifters, half of who probably started out in Silver and get fustr-u-amated just looking for the latest and greatest fun ride.

No Real longtime Libertarian Ponchos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nllWDc8_9lw&list=PLFCB331D69EA2B534

Ares
10th February 2014, 12:24 PM
It doesn't matter if it does well, it only matters that these Jew bastards with hugely over-inflated egos can't get the name.
Amazon ain't no Google, by the way.

At least Amazon secured the name in case cryptos take off.

That may be, but it would seem haphazard to try and reinvent the wheel. Internal emails from Google have been leaked and looks like the train of thought is to implement Bitcoin (http://www.coindesk.com/google-emails-suggest-bitcoin-interest/) as a payment option instead of starting their own currency.

As was detailed in the post you made in the virtual currency sub forum, Bitcoin is far from perfect. Especially give the confirmation times. Transactions are just about instantaneous, it's the confirmations to make sure it hasn't been double spent or a fake coin that takes a while close to an hour to confirm that it was a genuine transaction. If I could code half way decent in C++, I would create my own coin to solve some of those problems. Such as confirmation time delays, and make it a prime target of Point Of Sale transactions. You'd probably need a faster algorithm though, SHA-256D or SHA-3, with block times between 1-2 seconds, with 3 confirmations. So a POS transaction could be 3 or 6 seconds depending on network propagation and current speed. You could even shorten the block times, but would have to limit the reward as even at 1-2 seconds that's extremely fast confirmation times.