PDA

View Full Version : H1N1 flu

zap
18th February 2014, 10:01 PM
I have survived the H1N1 flu, yeah !

I am just throwing it out there guys, I took Knothead to the Dr. one day after school a couple of weeks agol because she was complaining about a earache, yes she had a ear infection, so I figured since I got another head-cold I would be seen too. He swapped my nose for Influenza and it came back as H1N1, but I am just fine? No puking,diarrhea,fever,body aches, just a head cold.... I have been to this Dr many times, I do trust him.

He said I'll give you a z pac, I told him no , what are you giving knothead? Augmentin , ok give me that, 10 days later feeling pretty good. he had wanted to give me tamiflu also but I had already been sick for 6 days, I asked him what the side effects were, he said possible psychosis, I said no.

Anyhow a very good friend of mine got H1N1 same age as me non smoker,works out, seems healthy as a hog, and he is in ICU with ARDS, ventilator, stomach tube, sedated , and a weird bed that places you supine , laying down facing the floor as it rocks you back and forth,

He is improving but we really need to pay attention!

Theres alot of weird viruses, flu's going around right now.

Edit to add; and neither one of us had a fever over 99.5, you guys take care.

Glass
18th February 2014, 10:07 PM
make sure you keep your core body temperature up. If that stuff gets into your lung linings you will end up like your friend.

This is something I hate about hospitals. To get through many illnesses you need to keep your core temperature up but hospitals run their temps around 22 - 23C and give their patients a single thin sheet for warmth. as a result the flu gets a hold in the inner chest cavity and that as they say is that. pneumonia + pleurisy = bad times.

Twisted Titan
19th February 2014, 02:08 AM
.Anyhow a very good friend of mine got H1N1 same age as me non smoker,works out, seems healthy as a hog, and he is in ICU with ARDS, ventilator, stomach tube, sedated , and a weird bed that places you supine , laying down facing the floor as it rocks you back and forth,

I just had a nephew by marriage lose his battle with ARDS last week

He was only 32 and leaves behind 2 daugthers one 16 and the other 9

He funeral is this week and i am not looking forward to it im literally going to have to be holding my niece up.

There was some family drama on his side and that stress was a contributing factor to his demise.

Its just a very sad time and i can barely quantify what his daugthers are going through.

Neuro
19th February 2014, 03:07 AM
Lucky you didn't get the 1918 variety of H1N1...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1918_flu_pandemic

10-20% of those who contracted the disease died most of them young adults...

Neuro
19th February 2014, 03:21 AM
I wonder if it was something like this I had in the autumn. Never any high fever, but it took almost 2 months before I was through it, and it felt like I had a stove in the lungs, mostly respiratory symptoms... It was strange the first couple of weeks the symptoms changed every day, at one point I said if I don't feel better on Thursday I'll be dead. But I was working all the time, so it didn't hit me particularly hard... Alternatively, maybe it saved me? Being up moving working, perhaps prevented build up of mucous in lungs, and thus the disease had a milder course...

Cebu_4_2
19th February 2014, 04:48 AM
Nebulizer with colloidal silver man. Works quite the trick.

mick silver
19th February 2014, 04:50 AM
were did you guys buy the kit to make your own colloidal silver ? please post a link . hope you feel better zap

Cebu_4_2
19th February 2014, 04:55 AM
Mick, You can piece this together for much cheaper, the .9999 wire is about the same cost though.

https://atlasnova.com/ColloidalSilverStarterKit.htm (https://atlasnova.com/)

zap
27th February 2014, 09:50 PM
Update;;;

The good friend has been awakened out of sedation, they had him up and walking around today, although still on 30 % oxygen, and very weak .... his wife says he's doing better everyday !

He went into the hospital on the 12 th sedated and the roto-prone bed for 11 days.

Yay getting better everyday!

zap
4th March 2014, 09:57 PM
My friend texted me tonight, the text read, ( I am in a good place now.) That kinda scared me.

Anyhow, just walking pneumonia, took a healthy man to the brink (with complications) really? Life is that short, that easy, to be gone in just a heartbeat, a breath?

Remember to tell all the important people in your life, I Love You !

Neuro
5th March 2014, 12:24 AM
My friend texted me tonight, the text read, ( I am in a good place now.) That kinda scared me.

Anyhow, just walking pneumonia, took a healthy man to the brink (with complications) really? Life is that short, that easy, to be gone in just a heartbeat, a breath?

Remember to tell all the important people in your life, I Love You !
??? I am confused did your friend die?

zap
5th March 2014, 07:29 AM
No, He is still recovering, he's been in the hospital since Feb 12 another week or two he should be home.

Neuro
5th March 2014, 07:48 AM
No, He is still recovering, he's been in the hospital since Feb 12 another week or two he should be home.
Good!