PDA

View Full Version : Chance favors the prepared mind

milehi
2nd March 2014, 04:26 PM
You can't find .22lr around here and if you do, it's crap. I check out a small firearm friendly pawn shop every two weeks just to see what they have, and Friday I stumbled on this NOS cache. $7.99 per 50. Early 90s?

mick silver
2nd March 2014, 04:36 PM
i hope you own all of them now ...

milehi
2nd March 2014, 04:44 PM
i hope you own all of them now ...

I passed on two 50rd boxes of Sears brand ammo. But only because I was low on cash. The CCI goes into storage. At this same shop, I've been able to find 795, 10/22 and Glock mags for next to nothing. They sell new firearms too, and transfers are painless. I never, ever see anyone else in there besides musicians.

Libertarian_Guard
2nd March 2014, 04:56 PM
Some of that ammo is early 1980's.

milehi
2nd March 2014, 05:14 PM
It's so pathetic here that the last time I was able to get new ammo was over a year ago. And that's only because I bought another 795 and the sales dude at Bass Pro held some boxes for me. I've had to get creative, but I have to thank BB for his "Buy it cheap and stack it deep" thread. I switched gears after reading that and have a base for all platforms.

mick silver
2nd March 2014, 05:32 PM
the only time i use ammo now is for hunting and thats it , hell cant remember the last time i really went out an wasted alot of ammo

Hitch
2nd March 2014, 05:49 PM
You did good, milehi.

I think we may be on the verge of tshtf.

Normally clear minded folks are imploding. I think something is going down right now.

chad
2nd March 2014, 06:21 PM
buy all of it every time.