PDA

View Full Version : Iran: Top Court Orders Man's Eyes to be Gouged Out and Ears Chopped

Cebu_4_2
3rd March 2014, 02:34 PM
Iran: Top Court Orders Man's Eyes to be Gouged Out and Ears Chopped for Pouring Acid on Girl
http://d.ibtimes.co.uk/en/full/1366230/iran-top-court-orders-mans-eyes-be-gouged-out.jpg?w=660&h=415&l=50&t=40

A girl wearing a hijab waits at the Shah Alam stadium during celebrations of Maulidur Rasul, or the birth of Prophet Muhammad, outside Kuala Lumpur, January 14, 2014.Reuters

The highest court in Iran has ordered a man's eyes to be gouged out and his ears and nose to be chopped off for pouring acid on a girl.

The convict, identified only by his first name Jamshid, was found guilty of throwing acid on a girl named Shirin in October.
The victim lost her eyes and one of her ears in the attack, according to the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI), Iran's so-called parliament-in-exile which is based in France (http://www.ncr-iran.org/en/news/human-rights/16075-iran-high-court-approves-sentence-to-have-eye-of-a-man-gouged-out-ear-and-nose-cut-off).

The Iranian government has defended such harsh punishments, often prompting severe condemnation from rights groups.
According to a judicial law, chiefly based on the principles of Islam, in Iran chopping off condemned convicts' limbs and removing their eyes is sanctioned and are reportedly widely practised.

Recently, another condemned prisoner's hand and foot were ordered to be cut off, local reports said.
Despite moderate cleric president Hassan Rohani being elected president, it is reported there have also been frequent public executions in Iran.

Ponce
3rd March 2014, 02:36 PM
And to the bankers here in the US I would chop off both hands and take out both their eyes.

V

Serpo
3rd March 2014, 03:39 PM
I have heard of an eye for eye but never an ear for an ear..............

Cebu_4_2
3rd March 2014, 04:16 PM
And nose!

Serpo
3rd March 2014, 04:21 PM
Of course ,an eye for an ear ,an ear for a nose an a nose for an eye,an.................hang on ,its getting confusing.............

midnight rambler
3rd March 2014, 04:26 PM
Each culture has its own form of 'justice' I suppose -

http://universalfreepress.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/01-kelly-1.jpg

singular_me
3rd March 2014, 05:29 PM
ditto, MR, you are putting the words in my mouth... I dont think death by stun gun is very funny either. nor death by GMO induced cancer... I could go on and on. This world is absolutely out of whack...

but the underlying agenda here is to make westerners Islamophobic, not that it is all fine radical Islam, far to the contrary.

Each culture has its own form of 'justice' I suppose -

Uncle Salty
3rd March 2014, 05:33 PM
As long as this guy really did it, I have no problem with it.

Cebu_4_2
3rd March 2014, 05:33 PM
ditto, MR, you are putting the words in my mouth... I dont think death by stun gun is very funny either. nor death by GMO induced cancer... I could go on and on. This world is absolutely out of whack...

Exactly why something needs to be reset, unfortunately I think we are more disposable than the 1 or 2 percent.