PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Exchange Huobi to Commence Trading Litecoin

madfranks
12th March 2014, 12:09 PM
So, the other big Chinese exchange will be trading LTC starting March 19th. It certainly looks like LTC is actually becoming the silver standard of crypto currencies. So, when trading starts, what should we expect to see? I have to admit I was disappointed with the lackluster boost in LTC after BTCChina adopted it, but this time, I think we should be able to safely expect a larger boost, because Huobi is the premier Chinese exchange.

http://www.coindesk.com/chinese-exchange-huobi-commence-trading-litecoin/

China’s busiest bitcoin exchange, Huobi, has announced it will start trading litecoin on 19th March, however, the company’s users can begin uploading litecoins to their accounts starting today.

Huobi is said to be finalizing tests for implementation before regular trading commences.

The litecoin price on BTC-e took a sudden leap earlier today – very likely as a result of the Huobi announcement.

More at link...

optionT
13th March 2014, 08:57 AM
I think when we hit then next big bubble, LTC will increase percentage wise more than BTC.

madfranks
13th March 2014, 10:07 AM
I think when we hit then next big bubble, LTC will increase percentage wise more than BTC.

I think so too, which is why I'm almost all in LTC right now. I've got high hopes for this year.

mick silver
13th March 2014, 05:20 PM
so the Chinese goverment going to handled this , right are wrong . ever one know nothing take place without the ok from the china goverment saying so

Shami-Amourae
13th March 2014, 05:21 PM
The media said Bitcoin was dead though and it's banned everywhere. I don't get it?

EE_
13th March 2014, 05:48 PM
The media said Bitcoin was dead though and it's banned everywhere. I don't get it?

Let me esplain it to you Lucy...Wall Street is supporting bitcoin. Making money off the labor of others is right up their alley.
This might come as a surprise to you, but Wall Street is run by 'bankers'.
I know, it makes me sick too that you'll soon be paying the vigorish to the bankers.

Wall Street Tech Firms Open Bitcoin Exchange
Adam Gauntlett | 13 March 2014 9:35 am
9 Perseus Telecom and Atlas have joined forces for a Digital Currency Initiative.

MtGox may be gone, Flexcoin may have been stripped bare, but that doesn't mean Bitcoin is dead and gone. Wall Street tech firms Perseus Telecom and Atlas have joined forces to create a new exchange for Bitcoin traders in New York, Hong Kong and Singapore. Perseus will provide the network, while Atlas runs the platform itself. They call it the Digital Currency Initiative, and say they will offer "the only 100% cold storage (offline) omnibus account" as well as "hack-proof multi-tiered architecture."

Perseus is the senior partner, at least in terms of experience. It's an established telecom services provider, with connections in Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, Hong Kong, London, Frankfurt, Stockholm, Moscow, Madrid, Milan and Dublin. It has significant banking, finance and fund management experience. Meanwhile Atlas, established 2013, is a digital currency trading platform provider. The two have been working in concert for some time; this announcement is its formal declararion.

The Digital Currency Initiative knows what it doesn't want to be. "The Perseus Digital Currency Initiative is providing governance strictly supporting KYC (Know Your Customer) and AML (Anti-Money Laundering) principles," says Perseus' Jock Percy. Security is to be a high priority, and the cold storage initiative should keep customers' cryptocurrency safely locked away. When Flexcoin went up in smoke, only the cold storage wallet remained; and the new Atlas exchange intends to keep most of its reserve in cold storage, only keeping the bare minimum necessary for anticipated withdrawals in a hot wallet.

But possibly the most significant takeaway from this announcement is that Bitcoin may be about to change its character. Up till now, the Bitcoin exchanges of the world have been rough-and-ready start-ups run by perhaps a dozen people or so; very free-wheeling and pioneering, but unstable, vulnerable to attacks from within and without. If someone like Karpales, justly or unjustly, is accused of fraud, it's because the Bitcoin community has become used to fraud. It's part of the price of doing business, but an established Wall Street firm is a different animal from a former Magic the Gathering trading site. Moreover if Atlas takes off, more established businesses will want to move in on the Bitcoin market. Bitcoin's Deadwood days may be over and done.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/132893-Wall-Street-Tech-Firms-Open-Bitcoin-Exchange

Another article
http://arstechnica.com/business/2014/03/move-over-small-time-bitcoin-exchange-startups-wall-street-has-arrived/

optionT
13th March 2014, 09:41 PM
I think so too, which is why I'm almost all in LTC right now. I've got high hopes for this year.

I'm thinking the same as you, although I'm still heavily in BTC. I've slowly added more LTC laltely and will add some more too.

When LTC really starts to move it explodes in price. :cool: