PDA

View Full Version : Officer Shoots 20 Yr old in Abdomen for no Obvious Reason

Serpo
16th March 2014, 10:23 PM
Officer Shoots 20 Yr old in Abdomen for no Obvious Reason

Lily Dane
The Daily Sheeple (http://www.thedailysheeple.com/)
March 16th, 2014

http://www.thedailysheeple.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/shooting.jpg (http://www.thedailysheeple.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/shooting.jpg)
Michael Davidson, a 20-year-old Airman first class, was driving to North Carolina for his assignment at the Seymour Johnson Air Force Base on March 6 when he was shot by a police officer.
His father Billy says Michael got into a minor accident with a truck and both drivers pulled over near Exit 62 on I-85. He described the incident to WSFA (http://www.wsfa.com/story/24955465/father-of-airman-shot-by-opelika-police-officer-speaks-out):
“I assume the police saw it and pulled, and Michael said he heard screaming or hollering and he saw the lights. He realized it was a police vehicle and he raised up his hand. He had his bill fold at the time he was turning around saying ‘I am an Airmen headed to my…’ and that is as far as he got. As he turned around he felt something hit him and he had been shot,” Billy said.

Billy spoke with WTVM (http://www.wtvm.com/video?clipId=9938393&autostart=true) about his son and what he knows about the shooting so far:

Opelika Officer Phillip Hancock has been identified as the cop who shot Michael. He’s been placed on administrative leave pending an investigation by the ABI.
As of now, the police department and the Alabama Bureau of Investigation have not provided much information to the public, but said an investigation will be conducted.
Police Chief John McEachern defended (http://www.oanow.com/news/crime_courts/article_066a981c-ab95-11e3-8258-0017a43b2370.html) Officer Hancock’s right to use deadly force:
“Based on the facts and circumstances I’m aware of, Officer Hancock acted accordingly, within departmental guidelines, and we fully support him.”

But, McEachern then made a comment that is quite revealing. He said he would “only speculating at this point” as to what perceived threat led Hancock to shoot Michael, and was sure to point out that the investigation would take awhile:
“Of course, there is video from the PO’s automobile,” McEachern said. “The video will, at some point, be made available to the public. But it will only be made available at the conclusion of the investigation by the ABI. … Unfortunately, there is tremendous backlog of evidence with the Department of Forensic Sciences. It could be several weeks; it could be months before it’s made available to the public.”

By the way, it took investigators 16 hours to notify Michael’s family that he’d been shot. McEachern admitted that a faster response “would have been preferable.”
WTVM (http://www.wtvm.com/story/24964167/opelika-police-confiscate-potential-spice-inside-injuried-airmans-car) reports that the police confiscated what appears to be synthetic marijuana from Michael’s car:
Five empty packets were found as well as one open packet that had the potential spice still inside of it. A test needs to be performed before the substance is confirmed to be a drug.
In June 2012, Gov. Bentley signed a law classifying spice as a schedule I drug. Anyone caught selling or possessing spice can be charged with a felony.
Davidson’s family claim Michael was not under the influence of any drugs when he had the incident with the officer. It could take months before the results of a toxicology test come back to determine if drugs were in Davidson’s system.

Michael’s father said (http://www.wsfa.com/story/24955465/father-of-airman-shot-by-opelika-police-officer-speaks-out) his son is a good kid who was serious about his career:
Billy said Michael has never been in any major trouble or served time in jail. His father says there were no drugs, alcohol, or weapons in the car because they would end the Air Force career Michael took very seriously. Michael dreamed of entering the Air Force Academy, but his father worries that is no longer attainable because of his injuries.

So far, no charges are pending against Michael.
Michael’s family would like to see the dash cam video of the shooting. WSFA filed a freedom of information request to obtain a copy.
The bullet injured Michael’s intestines and bowels, and he may have to live with a colostomy bag for the rest of his life.
Delivered by The Daily Sheeple (http://www.TheDailySheeple.com/)

Ares
17th March 2014, 05:54 AM
“Based on the facts and circumstances I’m aware of, Officer Hancock acted accordingly, within departmental guidelines, and we fully support him.”

You see that ladies and gentleman? Department supported guidelines are to shoot first and ask questions later. Now you know it's OFFICIAL policy.

midnight rambler
17th March 2014, 06:00 AM
You see that ladies and gentleman? Department supported guidelines are to shoot first and ask questions later. Now you know it's OFFICIAL policy.

Sweet! A paid vacation! And I have the 'full support' of my superiors! It doesn't get any better than this!

Ares
17th March 2014, 06:03 AM
Sweet! A paid vacation! And I have the 'full support' of my superiors! It doesn't get any better than this!

I'd just like to point out to Hitcher. Police only make their job more dangerous by doing shit like this. One day it WILL HAPPEN where someone in fear of their life shoots the officer and uses this past decades of news reports of police officers shooting unarmed and innocent people as his defense.

Cebu_4_2
17th March 2014, 06:35 AM
Spice in a bag is now a schedule I drug offense?

midnight rambler
17th March 2014, 06:38 AM

Any donut muncher that's low life enough to shoot someone for no reason is also low enough to plant some contraband (or throw-down gun) on the shootee.

Cebu_4_2
17th March 2014, 06:40 AM
Any donut muncher that's low life enough to shoot someone for no reason is also low enough to plant some contraband (or throw-down gun) on the shootee.

So sugar from the donut shop is a schedule I drug offense... I don't see how those people voted this law into place.

palani
17th March 2014, 06:48 AM
A federal case. You can't just go around damaging government property.

You know if the kid had spent a day out in the sun without sunscreen and had gotten a bad sunburn he would have received disciplinary action. You can't even damage yourself when you belonga government.

midnight rambler
17th March 2014, 06:51 AM
A federal case. You can't just go around damaging government property.

Of course the exception is if someone is a sanctioned state.us.gov gunman. Nothing will happen to the cop in this case, except for the ever sweet paid vacation (and perhaps a raise and/or promotion or some other kind of official 'job well done!'*).

*as if your Chief saying "we fully support the actions of our officer in this instance" isn't enough

palani
17th March 2014, 06:58 AM
the exception is if someone is a sanctioned state.us.gov gunman

Frankfurt International Airport Tragedy

On March 2, 2011, Senior Airman Nicholas J. Alden, 25, of Williamston, South Carolina, assigned to the 48th Security Forces Squadron at Royal Air Force Lakenheath, England and Airman 1st Class Zachary R. Cuddeback, 21, of Stanardsville, Virginia., assigned to the 86th Vehicle Readiness Squadron at Ramstein Air Base, Germany were shot and killed by 21 year old Kosovo native of Albanian descent named Arif Ukaat at Frankfurt International Airport, Germany.[19] Ukaat's relatives in Kosovo told the Associated Press that he is a devout Muslim and German federal prosecutors said they suspect he was motivated by extremist, Islamist ideology. A U.S. law enforcement official says the shooter shouted "Allahu Akbar", or "God is Great" in Arabic, as he opened fire. The Air Force says most of the airmen attacked were part of a Security Forces team passing through Germany, on their way to a deployment in Afghanistan. In addition to the two dead, two other airmen were wounded.[20] President Obama stated the incident is a “stark reminder of the extraordinary sacrifices that our men and women are making all around the world to keep us safe and the dangers that they face all around the globe.”

And there was a reason the coppiceman made the abdomen shot. He wasn't good enough for a head shot.

madfranks
17th March 2014, 07:56 AM

I think "spice" is a street term for marijuana or something.

midnight rambler
17th March 2014, 09:16 AM

What called 'spice' is actually regarded as 'synthetic marijuana' on the street however in reality it's no such thing, not even close.

Buddha
26th March 2014, 03:42 PM

"Spice" is a type of synthetic Mary Jane... They don't sell it here any more, but I have smoked what is called "Mad Hatter" and "Primo" did NOT like it.. It was wierd, more like crack then weed. pack up a bowl and take a hit, and you would be so high that it never stopped, just continued going up and up... Wake up the next day and smoke a bowl and you could feel the tolerance already. Where a day before one hit put you in outerspace, you would have to smoke a bowl or 2 and not get the same feeling.