PDA

View Full Version : 8 Beers That You Should Stop Drinking Immediately

singular_me
20th April 2014, 11:58 AM
Since I have noticed that some members on here like to sip a gulp or two when online, here is some good info, I believe

------------------------------------------

1. Newcastle Brown Ale
The Newcastle beer has been found to contain caramel coloring. Class 3 and 4 caramel coloring is made from ammonia, which is classified as a carcinogen. “The one and only” beer with cancer causing qualities.

2. Budweiser
One of the most popular beers, or most advertised is Budweiser. Budweiser contains genetically modified(GMO) corn. In 2007, Greenpeace discovered experimental GMO rice in Anheuser-Busch (Budweiser) beer.

3. Corona Extra
I used to love Corona’s commercials. They were so peaceful and relaxing. That is until I found out that the beer contains GMO Corn Syrup and Propylene Glycol. Propylene Glycol is controversial, and is said to may be potentially harmful to your health.

4. Miller Lite
This is another very popular beer in America that contains GMOs. Miller Lite contains GMO corn and corn syrup. It’s “GMO time”.

5. Michelob Ultra
Less popular but still readily available Michelob beer, should be eliminated from your choices. This beer has been found to contain a genetically modified sweetener (GMO dextrose).

6. Guinness
Guinness is often praised for its smoothness. However, several investigations proved that Guinness ingredients are quite disturbing. The beer contains fish bladder and high fructose corn syrup. High fructose corn syrup has been long banned from many stores and drinks.

7. Coors Light
Coors light is a drink that is very popular at bars and among college students. Mostly because it’s cheap. The beer contains GMO corn syrup.

8. Pabst Blue Ribbon
Pabst Blue Ribbon contains GMO corn and GMO corn syrup.

ALTERNATIVES

GMO Free Beers:

Organic Beers (Unpasteurized & Unfiltered)
◦Wolaver’s – all beers
◦Lamar Street – Whole Foods label (brewed by Goose Island)
◦Bison – all beers
◦Dogfish Head (organic when ingredients available)
◦Fish Brewery Company – Fish Tale Ales
◦Lakefront Brewery – Organic ESB
◦Brooklyn – (organic when ingredients are available)
◦Pinkus – all beers
◦Samuel Smiths – Samuel Smiths Organic Ale
◦Wychwood – Scarecrow Ale

Non-Organic Beers (Unpasteurized & Unfiltered)
◦Sierra Nevada – all choices
◦Duck Rabbit – Brown Ale, Porter, Amber Ale, Milk Stout
◦Dogfish Head- 60 Minute IPA, Shelter Pale Ale, Chicory Stout
◦Shipyard – Summer Brew
◦Victory Brewery – Whirlwind
◦North Coast – Blue Star
◦Bridgeport – IPA (Bottle conditioned)
◦Ayinger – all choices
◦Royal Oak – Pale Ale
◦Fraziskaner – Hefeweisse and Dunkel Weisse
◦Weihenstephaner – Hefe Weissbier
◦Maisel’s – Weisse
◦Hoegaarden – Belgian Wit

Other
◦Heineken
◦Steamwhistle
◦Amstel Light
◦Duchy Original Ale Organic
◦Mill Street Brewery
◦Fuller’s Organic
◦Nelson Organic Ale
◦Natureland Organic
http://viralscape.com/beers-you-should-stop-drinking/
or
http://www.organics.org/8-beers-that-you-should-stop-drinking-immediately/

10 Best Beers You’ve Probably Never Heard Of (That Need To Be Tried At Least Once).
http://viralscape.com/best-beers/

old steel
20th April 2014, 12:09 PM
What about Old Milwaukee?

Libertytree
20th April 2014, 12:46 PM
What about Libertytree Freedom Ale? :)

ShortJohnSilver
20th April 2014, 01:41 PM
It is VERY expensive, but it is non-GMO, not pasteurized, etc. A great wheat beer, it will still have the lacto-fermented active bacterial culture in it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G._Schneider_%26_Sohn The stuff I have drank in the USA was imported from Germany and had to be continuously refrigerated due to not being pasteurized. Great stuff and I felt great after having it.

Cebu_4_2
20th April 2014, 04:24 PM
What about:

http://cdn.beeradvocate.com/im/beers/2186.jpg?

Carl
20th April 2014, 05:31 PM
My Beer, don't drink much but when I do:

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/688313/shiner_bock.jpg

Closest to the taste of good German beer I can find in Texas.

old steel
20th April 2014, 05:43 PM
Whats all this talk of beer on 420?

I mean if you're not into 420 today then, WAYSA?

Ponce
20th April 2014, 06:10 PM
Hey, hey, HEYYYYYYYYY........how about Coke......I don't drink beer.

V

Libertytree
20th April 2014, 06:20 PM

I thought 420 was a given, double for 840.

Hitch
20th April 2014, 06:42 PM
6. Guinness
Guinness is often praised for its smoothness. However, several investigations proved that Guinness ingredients are quite disturbing. The beer contains fish bladder and high fructose corn syrup.

I never knew that about Guinness and HFCS. I will never have another Guinness again. I confirmed this reading a few other articles.

Murphy's Stout doesn't have HFCS. Win one for Murphy's which is the Catholic choice anyway.

Cebu_4_2
20th April 2014, 07:34 PM
Hey, hey, HEYYYYYYYYY........how about Coke......I don't drink beer.

V

I used to like coke but found that even when I sold it, it was not financially profitable. So I just stuck with beer and safety meetings.

Ponce
20th April 2014, 08:42 PM
Do the Jews make any beer?, after all every thing that they do is "supposed" to be super pure......maybe, just maybe, they are doing something good.

Cebu? what do you mean "not financially profitable?".......I just to pay a nickel and now is over a dollar.....who is making all that profit?

V

Cebu_4_2
20th April 2014, 10:48 PM
Do the Jews make any beer?, after all every thing that they do is "supposed" to be super pure......maybe, just maybe, they are doing something good.

Cebu? what do you mean "not financially profitable?".......I just to pay a nickel and now is over a dollar.....who is making all that profit?

V

The coke dealers.

osoab
21st April 2014, 06:19 AM

http://aleheads.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/420.jpg

steyr_m
21st April 2014, 05:40 PM
True quality -- maybe the only beer that comes in a 2 litre bottle

Carl
21st April 2014, 07:31 PM
I used to like coke but found that even when I sold it, it was not financially profitable. So I just stuck with beer and safety meetings.

I try to cruse by this but every time I just have to stop and laugh, I don't know why but it just cracks me up.

old steel
21st April 2014, 08:00 PM
http://aleheads.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/420.jpg

Far out, man.

Glass
22nd April 2014, 01:22 AM
True quality -- maybe the only beer that comes in a 2 litre bottle

Its funny you mention this because I have been giving this some pondering over the weekend. Beer drinkers like their beer in glass or can. Done here in Oz glass is preferred although cans were really popular when I was growing up. They are not so popular now but still sold in volume in some brand of beers.

Beer is sold in plastic cups at major events like sports or concerts. It is tolerated but not liked.

Beer sold in PET plastic bottles is not done here. There is a home beer dispenser that uses the small gas canisters and the beer for that is in 2L PET bottles. The cost of the 2L bottles is about $18 - $22 which to me is expensive for the type of beer - macro swill. That makes it about $3 for 12oz which to my mind is 33% more than buying the same beer by the 24 x 12oz case which is currently costing about ~$1.92ea/$46 case. It might even be a little cheaper because I'm paying those $$ for slightly better beer.

I'm wondering if there is a market down here for some cheap and cheerful chuggers in 2L PET bottles. I was watching some YT of filling and bottling machines and also PET bottle blower machines. You can fit a bottling system in a fairly small space these days.

If only you could buy beer at the gas station or 711.

Cebu_4_2
22nd April 2014, 04:58 AM
If only you could buy beer at the gas station.

This is about the only place you can buy beer here. Been here a year and a half and have yet to stumble across a liquor store. Beggars can't be choosers unless you brew it yourself I guess.

Glass
22nd April 2014, 06:05 AM
This is about the only place you can buy beer here. Been here a year and a half and have yet to stumble across a liquor store. Beggars can't be choosers unless you brew it yourself I guess.

Doing the numbers, the cheapest beer here is $3.55/l or near quart. Served in 375ml cans/12.7 Oz. That includes excise and probably other taxes. Tight margins.

helec338
22nd April 2014, 01:56 PM
I don't remember what kind of beer it was but I was at a Pei Wei restaurant once and had an Asahi brand beer. Delicious stuff.