PDA

View Full Version : Why do you need a license to get married?

Ares
9th May 2014, 10:49 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iP4z2JUK9Bs

Link to video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iP4z2JUK9Bs

The Bullet Wire Presents, Shock & Awe Shorts: "Marriage G8".

It's like Modern Warfare out there when it comes to the battle for the definition and legal status of "Marriage". The court cases, the protests, the ballot initiatives, the untold sums of money & emotion spent to control the government's ability to define marriage.

What if the battle is totally unnecessary? What if no one has to change their mind but everyone can choose what's right for them? Conservative Connie & Flaming Fred will tell you how they went from mortal enemies on the front lines of the Marriage War to Besties in Arms.

This new alliance came by merely asking a question they never thought of before, "Why do you need a license to get married?"

madfranks
9th May 2014, 01:26 PM
Marriage licenses were contrived as a method to keep whites from marrying blacks. If you wanted to marry someone of a different race, they would deny you a license. So, it's been about control the whole time.

Dogman
9th May 2014, 01:43 PM
Marriage licenses were contrived as a method to keep whites from marrying blacks. If you wanted to marry someone of a different race, they would deny you a license. So, it's been about control the whole time. Common law is very strong here!

palani
9th May 2014, 01:51 PM
The marriage license is for the preacher. He cannot legally perform a ceremony of marriage without this license.

Lawfully he can do as he chooses although few have the knowledge or willpower to do so.

[Let me know if this is too strongly worded and if so I will tone it down to the point where it becomes incipherable and yet politically correct]

singular_me
9th May 2014, 02:13 PM
well in europe there was no official slavery, like in the USA...

The NWO is always several generations ahead... steadily eroding family values, then cash in on divorces, prenups, to tax more those who arent, etc... all good for the justice/tax departments.

StreetsOfGold
9th May 2014, 03:07 PM
Mr. and Mrs Adam (Adam called her Eve) i.e. the First marriage required no license, no preacher and no marriage certificate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dn2IVpW1yg&list=PLbY08k2vP8_nsFILHADWufZ_-3occkh0V&index=2

Dogman
9th May 2014, 03:09 PM
Mr. and Mrs Adam (Adam called her Eve) i.e. the First marriage required no license, no preacher and no marriage certificate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dn2IVpW1yg&list=PLbY08k2vP8_nsFILHADWufZ_-3occkh0V&index=2

And if taken literally no witness.

Grin!

StreetsOfGold
9th May 2014, 05:28 PM
And if taken literally no witness.

Grin!

Amen, except God :D

7th trump
9th May 2014, 08:35 PM
Marriage licenses were contrived as a method to keep whites from marrying blacks. If you wanted to marry someone of a different race, they would deny you a license. So, it's been about control the whole time.

Yep...spot on!
It is a certificate of permission for a white to marry a negro.
And it hasn't changed since.
Blacks, then, are still considered "US citizens" as they are today....and today anyone (white, yellow, brown, red, black) that attests to being this same political "US citizen" must get a license to marry.

Sparky
9th May 2014, 09:01 PM
You don't need a license to be married. You just need a license to take part in all of the legal ramifications associated with marriage. It's a choice. If marriage is simply between you and your spouse (and God, if you so choose), then so be it. Who's stopping you? We get a marriage license to conform to social norms, such as a wedding within an organized religious setting, or participation in accepted legal practices, such as taxation and property ownership.

singular_me
9th May 2014, 09:12 PM
is marriage essential to love in the first place.. do we really need to get married?

Sparky
9th May 2014, 09:22 PM
is marriage essential to love in the first place.. do we really need to get married?

Not essential to love, of course. Its secular purpose is a visible indication of commitment, and its spiritual purpose is a shared communion with God.

Dogman
9th May 2014, 09:33 PM
Love is love, unless it is mistaken as heat.

And heat wears out in time.

Barbaro
9th May 2014, 09:43 PM
OP,

I have wondered by the govt has to be involved in getting "legally" married.

More govt in our lives. Then, with the high divorce rate, it's time to get the lawyers, divide the assets and all of that.

Some of my family members had to pay their Exs for years.

Perhaps I'm off topic.

Wealthy Thais often get married under Bhuddist rules and are married under bhuddism but do not get the Thai govt in involved.

Marriage should be a mentality, IMO.

Dogman
9th May 2014, 09:56 PM
Two people meeting and agreeing on meeting halfway on the road. They that meet halfway, can combine and be stronger than the whole.

But most marriages I have seen are one way streets.

Tho, I am proud to say that 40 years later a few hookups did work. Some are going on their 50 years together.

But that is rare as hens teeth.

govcheetos
10th May 2014, 11:19 AM
Free Love. It's not just hippie orgies like they want you to think.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_love

Hitch
10th May 2014, 11:33 AM
I have wondered by the govt has to be involved in getting "legally" married.

More govt in our lives. Then, with the high divorce rate, it's time to get the lawyers, divide the assets and all of that.

Some of my family members had to pay their Exs for years..

I firmly believe that two people should only get married if they plan on having children. I look at my parents who are still happily married after over 45 years, and growing up in a very happy and loving home, I am more grateful than could ever be expressed into words.

That being said, other than creating a healthy environment to raise children, there's no point in getting married.

I personally have no problem with commitment, but since .gov and the lawyers got their grubby hands involved, marriage is a system that encourages failure. Would you buy a car from a manufacturer that uses parts designed to fail? Would you take a job where your coworkers profit if you fail at it? That is how I see marriage. Everyone wants to see you fail so they can pounce on you like a bunch of predators.