PDA

View Full Version : So when the US dollar gets dumped worldwide later this year

old steel
19th May 2014, 08:33 PM
What will precious metals prices be quoted in?

Silver Rocket Bitches!
19th May 2014, 09:55 PM
Chinese Yuan, Special Drawing Rights, Ameros, Some new digital currency. None of it matters, it's all based on trust so whatever the people put their trust in will win.

Sparky
19th May 2014, 10:02 PM
Dumped? Ha. The world will be begging for dollars by the end of this year, and the Administration will be doing whatever it can to suppress its value in order to help the U.S. trade imbalance. This premise is decades too soon.

old steel
19th May 2014, 10:31 PM
A little birdie told me, watch out for November.

We all know the big things happen in the fall.

We also know that tptb believe every situation is manageable but this particular situation is unmanageable and will turn into a major tipping point.

6 months and counting.....

Ponce
20th May 2014, 05:04 AM
I am with Steel on this, what happens will be in winter when everyone is hiding away from the cold and the power to be will take advantage of this to place all the their troops and hired killers.

V

Neuro
20th May 2014, 06:03 AM
A little birdie told me, watch out for November.

We all know the big things happen in the fall.

We also know that tptb believe every situation is manageable but this particular situation is unmanageable and will turn into a major tipping point.

6 months and counting.....
So doom is 6 months away... Sounds familiar! :)

Dachsie
20th May 2014, 06:09 AM
Seems to me this collapse will definitely happen and it will happen at just the time it is planned to happen. End of 2014 or early 2015 looks like truth to me. But it also seems to me that this whole scenario has been created by and progressing for quite a while and it is totally controlled by the money trust, i.e., Rothschild and Rothschild agents/ interests.

I don't know what precious metals will be quoted in but precious metal prices and what they are quoted in will be the last thing on the minds of most of we the people at that time. We will be scrambling for the survival basics -- water, food, shelter and energy. This will not be limited to the USA but will affect the population of the whole world.

As the historical record bears out, no matter how bad and chaotic things get when the dollar collapses, it will not be a time of chaos and panic and scrambling for the Rothschild agents (RAs) who are among us right now already screwing us in a myriad of ways. They will move in stealthily and buy up precious metals on the cheap from we the people so that we can buy whatever high-priced survival items we can get our hands on with whatever the form of money we will be paid for our metals.

Gives new meaning to the phrase "he's got the whole world in his hands."

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.
Mathew 6:19

Ares
20th May 2014, 06:10 AM
Dumped? Ha. The world will be begging for dollars by the end of this year, and the Administration will be doing whatever it can to suppress its value in order to help the U.S. trade imbalance. This premise is decades too soon.

I just don't see how we've got that much time left. China has been buying gold hand over fist to position themselves as a stable reliable gold backed currency. Russia is a net energy exporter and is willing to trade in other currencies other than the dollar. With the tensions here lately especially in the Ukraine, Russia has no love for the U.S. With the economic recession (read depression) still no where near recovery even Wal-Mart is having a hard time. China has no buyers over here of their cheap crap. That's not a recipe for a sustainable and valuable currency. Even the BRIC's are talking about starting their own counter balance to the west central banking system as South America has been getting screwed for decades by the IMF.

Now whether that all happens or not only time will tell. But the dollar foundation is certainly made of sand and it is shifting.

EE_
20th May 2014, 06:19 AM
I just don't see how we've got that much time left. China has been buying gold hand over fist to position themselves as a stable reliable gold backed currency. Russia is a net energy exporter and is willing to trade in other currencies other than the dollar. With the tensions here lately especially in the Ukraine, Russia has no love for the U.S. With the economic recession (read depression) still no where near recovery even Wal-Mart is having a hard time. China has no buyers over here of their cheap crap. That's not a recipe for a sustainable and valuable currency. Even the BRIC's are talking about starting their own counter balance to the west central banking system as South America has been getting screwed for decades by the IMF.

Now whether that all happens or not only time will tell. But the dollar foundation is certainly made of sand and it is shifting.

I agree, there's probably not much time left...maybe 20 to 30 years?
They will buy a lot of time once the US is taken over by the UN/IMF/NWO. Seems like the plan...otherwise the government would be preparing the American people just like the Chinese government has been doing for their population by promoting saving and owning PM's.

Sparky
20th May 2014, 08:10 AM

Yes, Walmart sales dropped below a half trillion dollars last year. A half trillion! That's just ONE company selling Chinese crap. It takes a long time to sink a big ship, and the U.S. ship is the biggest in history. It's been a century since the Federal Reserve was created, and more than four decades since we abandoned the gold standard. All these recent developments are just a continuation on this path. The reach of the U.S. is so broad and so deep that it's not going to go easily. I agree with EE; probably not much time left...maybe 20-30 years.

As I mentioned in a parallel thread, the Fourth Turning (written in 1997) predicted that a generational crisis would climax in the 2020s. That seems about right.

madfranks
20th May 2014, 09:52 AM
So doom is 6 months away... Sounds familiar! :)

But this time it really is!! Ha ha, I remember back in 2008 I was utterly convinced we had months to go, and prepped my mind out, yet we are all still here.

Spectrism
20th May 2014, 02:13 PM
It is not the "dumping of the dollar" or any other political event that is bringing doom. These are just cosmetics on the face of a cancer-stricken woman. The world is rotten and Amerika is rotten.... to the core.

The dollar has already been dumped by Russia and increasingly China. It just progresses and the effect will be to make US dollar prices increase. At the same time, the commoner will have less dollars to buy basic needs.

What you must do. You must be born again and be under the headship of Messiah. That is your first priority. Seek first the kingdom of YHWH and His righteousness and all your needs will be covered. But in good stewardship, I would say that you need to set aside an 18 month food supply at least.

There will be savages who come to take what you have if you are not covered. Protection comes in different forms.

Hitch
20th May 2014, 06:02 PM
But this time it really is!! Ha ha, I remember back in 2008 I was utterly convinced we had months to go, and prepped my mind out, yet we are all still here.

Also, if the stock market collapses again because it's over inflated, how's that going to affect the dollar? Is it even possible to have a currency collapse and a stock market collapse at the same time? Everything is a bubble these days waiting to burst, yet we are still here.

Neuro
20th May 2014, 10:17 PM
Yes, so was I. I realize that at that time we were played. The bankers grabbed more of our wealth and were greatly aided by the doom merchants like Schiff, Celente, Rogers, Buffet. Certainly, I wouldn't rule out a sudden collapse type of scenario, but I think it is less likely, in our manufactured reality, and would probably be more due to an outside unpredictable factor like an EMP, than anything related to the inner machinations of the system/matrix, at least for now...

old steel
20th May 2014, 10:57 PM
Russia, China sign deal to bypass U.S. dollar

Carlos Barria / AP

Analysis: The agreement is a symbolic blow to US global financial hegemony and a signal of Russia-China rapprochement

May 20, 2014 5:00PM ET
by Michael Pizzi (http://america.aljazeera.com/profiles/p/michael-pizzi.html) @michaelwpizzi (http://www.twitter.com/michaelwpizzi)

In a symbolic blow to U.S. global financial hegemony, Russia and China took a small step toward undercutting the domination of the U.S. dollar as the international reserve currency on Tuesday when Russia’s second biggest financial institution, VTB, signed a deal with Bank of China to bypass the dollar and pay each other in domestic currencies.

The so-called Agreement on Cooperation — signed in the presence of Chinese President Xi Jinping and Russian President Vladimir Putin, who is on a visit to Shanghai — could be followed by a long-awaited announcement this week of a massive natural gas deal 10 years in the making.
“Our countries have done a huge job to reach a new historic landmark,” Putin said on Tuesday, making note of the $100 billion in annual trade between the two countries.
Demand for the dollar, which has long served as a safe and reliable reserve currency (http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2013/10/17/shutdown-lessonsfromabroad.html) in international transactions, has allowed the U.S. to borrow almost unlimited cash and spend well beyond its means, which some economists say has afforded the United States an outsize influence on world affairs.

But the BRICS countries — Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa — a bloc of the world’s five major emerging economies, have long sought to diminish their dependence on the dollar (http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2012/03/2012322743028880.html), as a means of reshaping the world financial and geopolitical order. In the absence of a viable alternative, however, replacing it has proven difficult.

For its part, “China sees the dominance of the dollar in international trade transactions as remnant of American global dominance, which they hope to overthrow in the years ahead. This is a small step in that direction, to reduce the primacy of the dollar in international trade,” said Michael Klare, a professor of peace and world security studies at Hampshire College.

Some have been tempted to view Tuesday's deal in the context of Putin's showdown with the West over the crisis in Ukraine. After the U.S. and Europe imposed sanctions on Moscow for its annexation of Ukraine's Crimean Peninsula, Putin may have finally come good on promised retaliation against what he views as Western hegemony in Russia's near abroad.
“Breaking the dominance of the U.S. dollar in international trade between the BRICS is something that the group has been talking about for some time,” said Chris Weafer, a founding partner of Macro-Advisory, a consultancy in Moscow. “The Ukraine crisis and the threats voiced by the U.S. administration may well provide the catalyst for that to start happening,” he added.

To be sure, the Russia-China bank deal is mostly a symbolic step. Liza Ermolenko, an emerging markets economist at Capital Economics Ltd. in London, said the deal was still “a very small one, in the grand scale of things” and that it wouldn’t change Russia’s reliance on the dollar “overnight.” For one, most of Russia’s export contracts in the oil and gas markets are still priced in dollars, she noted, and on a wider scale, replacing the dollar with the ruble is much too risky to even consider.
Likewise, even if China agrees to the gas deal, which could see over $450 billion of Russian natural gas flow into China over the next 30 years, Russia is not in a position to abandon its ties with Europe.
"From the commercial standpoint, Europe is the most profitable market for Gazprom,” said Mikhail Korchemkin, the founder of Eastern European Gas Analysis who has consulted for Gazprom. "Exports to China can generate a small profit, [and] only if the government makes it free of taxes and duties.”

But the bank deal is another indicator that Russia and China are in the middle of a wider rapprochement (http://america.aljazeera.com/opinions/2014/5/russia-ukraine-putinkazakhstanuzbekistannazarbaevtrade.html), which analysts say is premised not on ideological alignment but on a mutual desire to undercut the U.S. in their respective spheres of influence.
Both countries are wary of President Barack Obama’s “pivot east,” a recalibration of U.S. foreign policy away from decades of war in the Middle East and toward the fast-growing economies of the east (http://america.aljazeera.com/opinions/2014/1/the-us-s-pivot-eastchinasmarchwest.html). Cynical observers have interpreted the shift as an effort to contain China.
"This is a marriage of mutual strategic interests, not a marriage of love," said Klare. “China wants energy and weapons from Russia, and Russia wants diplomatic backing and cash. Its a quid pro quo.”

Yet even if China feels threatened by U.S. encroachment, it is Russia who is desperately pursuing closer ties with China.
Putin may have gotten the better of the Western powers in the showdown over Crimea, but at the cost of growing geopolitical isolation. Under intense pressure to demonstrate Russia's avowed independence from the West, Putin has repeatedly threatened that he could simply shut off its natural gas pipelines (http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2014/4/10/russia-ukraine-gas.html) to Europe and find new markets for Russian energy exports.
Separate that political posturing, the Russian imperative to find new markets for its energy exports is nonetheless very real. Energy demands in Europe have plateaued, and may even decline in the long term due to stringent environmental regulations.
“If Russia wants to continue to be a petrostate (http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2014/3/6/what-does-the-westwantfromukraine.html), it has to shift marketing of its exports to Asia," said Klare, who noted that Western energy conglomerates like Exxon-Mobil have begun doing the same.
“We don’t want to push this too far and see it as a formation of a new, global anti-American bloc that is starting a new Cold War,” he added. "This is market-driven more than its political."

http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2014/5/20/russia-china-bankdeal.html

Zerohedge has it's own page up on this.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-05-20/china-signs-non-dollar-settlement-deal-russias-largest-bank

mick silver
22nd May 2014, 08:31 AM
before this take place there will be a war like no other wars . this ship will not sink with out a fight ... you can take this to the bank

Sparky
26th May 2014, 08:19 PM
From Martin Armstrong. (Emphasis is mine.):

The USD is an extremely deep currency into which capital flows take place and park on a global basis. The euro failed in this regard because they did not consolidate the debts of all member states even though they have been federalizing Europe. Europe is no different from the state debt level in the USA – not ready for reserve status and way too much different security risks among the members.

The currencies of Russia and China are not ready for prime time. There is too much political instability right now and that undermines the value of a currency aside from the fact that people can trade in them, that is nice, but they then quickly covert to dollars. The process of dethroning the dollar is nonetheless underway. However, that will not be accomplished by trade. The way that will happen is only when we see the inevitable systemic collapse in government debts. That will begin in Europe, then hit Japan, and the USA will be last.

Neuro
26th May 2014, 11:34 PM
When did Martin Armstrong write the above, and what time frame does he foresee?

Serpo
26th May 2014, 11:55 PM
http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/KWN_DailyWeb/Entries/2014/5/26_This_Remarkable_Event_In_History_Serves_As_A_Wa rning_Today_files/KWN%20Fitzwilson%205%3A26%3A2014.jpg

Sparky
27th May 2014, 07:07 AM
When did Martin Armstrong write the above, and what time frame does he foresee?

May 22:

http://armstrongeconomics.com/2014/05/22/historic-trade-deal-russia-china-will-this-dethrone-the-usd/

As for time frame, his writing style is sloppy and cryptic, so he's difficult to pin down. He points to 2020 as being either a high point or a low point in economic confidence, but is very unclear what these highs and lows mean in terms of the stock market, gold, or the USD.

Carbon
27th May 2014, 07:29 AM
May 22:

http://armstrongeconomics.com/2014/05/22/historic-trade-deal-russia-china-will-this-dethrone-the-usd/

As for time frame, his writing style is sloppy and cryptic, so he's difficult to pin down. He points to 2020 as being either a high point or a low point in economic confidence, but is very unclear what these highs and lows mean in terms of the stock market, gold, or the USD.

I generally agree with your comments - but Martin Armstrong is a propagandist (which is why he is almost unreadable) and is not a source I trust, at all. Zero Hedge has suddenly taken quite a liking to him (they fell down over a year ago).

Whether the web is going to be regulated or not (neutrality an' all), they have cleaned it up pretty well. IMO, there isn't any completely credible info to be found and it's quickly becoming a wasteland of blather, propaganda and mis/dis info.

Time to go back outside and plant some more food.

Sparky
27th May 2014, 07:53 AM
I generally agree with your comments - but Martin Armstrong is a propagandist (which is why he is almost unreadable) and is not a source I trust, at all. Zero Hedge has suddenly taken quite a liking to him (they fell down over a year ago).

Whether the web is going to be regulated or not (neutrality an' all), they have cleaned it up pretty well. IMO, there isn't any completely credible info to be found and it's quickly becoming a wasteland of blather, propaganda and mis/dis info.

Time to go back outside and plant some more food.

I don't disagree with your assesment of Armstrong. He does have some insight and inside knowledge of some stuff, but you have to read between the lines and filter out the propaganda. I happen to agree with his position on fiat currency: it's going to blow up at some point, but it will take a while (at least several years) and the USD will be the last to fall. More specifically, Europe and Japan are the two bellwethers to watch. The demise of the Euro and Yen will only strengthen the USD, until its own time comes.

Thinking about this in terms of gold: With demise of the Euro and Yen, there should be boost to gold as frightened money moves into the USD and precious metals. In 2008, the first move was into the USD while gold suffered, and eventually into gold in 2009. I'm interested to see whether there is a similar lag this time, or whether gold's status has moved up a notch closer in respect to the USD this time around.

Neuro
27th May 2014, 08:53 AM
Armstrong is a bit of an enigma. Sometimes it seems he runs the propaganda of the major capitalists, banks vs BIG government. But really government and capitalists is only two sides of the same coin He was among the few that predicted gold going down to $1200 when it was in $1800's, just off the peak. His jail time is suspect IMO

Sparky
3rd November 2014, 12:30 AM

Well, it's later this year, and the USD is now approaching 5-year Highs. Friday's surge came on the announcement that Japan was accelerating it's massive Yen devaluation program, making our QE look pale in comparison. Fiat currency is relative. As I've said, the USD can't fail until the Yen and Euro both fail. The Yen seems to have just taken the lead in the race to the bottom.

EE_
3rd November 2014, 01:25 AM
Well, it's later this year, and the USD is now approaching 5-year Highs. Friday's surge came on the announcement that Japan was accelerating it's massive Yen devaluation program, making our QE look pale in comparison. Fiat currency is relative. As I've said, the USD can't fail until the Yen and Euro both fail. The Yen seems to have just taken the lead in the race to the bottom.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out over the next 20 years.

old steel
3rd November 2014, 09:30 AM
http://www.usdebtclock.org/sources/transparent2.gif (http://www.usdebtclock.org/#)Like the energizer bunny it keeps going and going and going....

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

http://www.usdebtclock.org/sources/transparent2.gif

http://www.usdebtclock.org/sources/transparent2.gif (http://www.usdebtclock.org/#)Courtesy of this.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b7/U.S._Army_Ranger%2C_2nd_Battalion%2C_75th_Ranger_R egiment_providing_Overwatch_in_Iraq_2009.jpg/220px-U.S._Army_Ranger%2C_2nd_Battalion%2C_75th_Ranger_R egiment_providing_Overwatch_in_Iraq_2009.jpg

jimswift
3rd November 2014, 01:20 PM
http://www.usdebtclock.org/sources/transparent2.gif (http://www.usdebtclock.org/#)Courtesy of this.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b7/U.S._Army_Ranger%2C_2nd_Battalion%2C_75th_Ranger_R egiment_providing_Overwatch_in_Iraq_2009.jpg/220px-U.S._Army_Ranger%2C_2nd_Battalion%2C_75th_Ranger_R egiment_providing_Overwatch_in_Iraq_2009.jpg

Where does credibility and legitimacy stand when the threat of death & violence is the only thing backing a currency?

Serpo
3rd November 2014, 01:44 PM
Where does credibility and legitimacy stand when the threat of death & violence is the only thing backing a currency?

America ...................a terrorist nation.................

gunDriller
3rd November 2014, 02:00 PM

that credibility & legitimacy relies on denial.

the development of working alternatives is key. i'd love to see more gold for oil swaps and also some silver for oil swaps.

anything to make people realize that the US $ is just another currency.

i wonder if the US stirs up shit in the name of other nations, to make the US look calm & peaceful by comparison.

if you make it here from Somalia so you can have a decent future for your family, you are STUCK with the US $.