PDA

View Full Version : Utopia Australia - John Pilger

Horn
2nd June 2014, 08:38 AM
Exploring offenses practiced by popular media, big business, police forces and Governments helping the British invaders 225 year campaign of genocide continue against Aboriginal Australians.

http

://viooz.co/movies/24133-utopia-2013.html

Glass
2nd June 2014, 09:06 PM
I think the first 30 seconds tells you a lot. The first few minutes also tells you everything.

The man interviewed was lauded as a great australian. His daughter is considered one of the richest people in Australia and here attitude is the same. But their attitude is the same of every one else. White people down here have a complete disconnect. They cannot see that the aboriginal people were not like us.

They did not have possessions per say, they were foragers. Everything they ever needed was close to hand anytime they needed it. Need food, there it was. Go and pick it up. Why need to take something and carry it with you everywhere?

But because of this exact thing white people look down on aboriginals as less than human. We even claim that the aboriginals do not own Australia (which they do according to our common law) because they don't have possessions or permanent settlements. We have such a twisted perspective on things I cant see it ending any other way than with the extermination of the original peoples.

And yes massacares. Lots of them but whites do not know of them. I remember when they dug up a mass grave just outside the central city. Built a huge complex of housing on that site.

Dogman
2nd June 2014, 09:13 PM
I think the first 30 seconds tells you a lot. The first few minutes also tells you everything.

The man interviewed was lauded as a great australian. His daughter is considered one of the richest people in Australia and here attitude is the same. But their attitude is the same of every one else. White people down here have a complete disconnect. They cannot see that the aboriginal people were not like us.

They did not have possessions per say, they were foragers. Everything they ever needed was close to hand anytime they needed it. Need food, there it was. Go and pick it up. Why need to take something and carry it with you everywhere?

But because of this exact thing white people look down on aboriginals as less than human. We even claim that the aboriginals do not own Australia (which they do according to our common law) because they don't have possessions or permanent settlements. We have such a twisted perspective on things I cant see it ending any other way than with the extermination of the original peoples.

And yes massacares. Lots of them but whites do not know of them. I remember when they dug up a mass grave just outside the central city. Built a huge complex of housing on that site.

Truth,

Same model has been used across the world.

And for a grin, some on this forum have thoughts and wishes.

;)

Horn
3rd June 2014, 07:48 AM
I thought that was something else how they made a luxury resort out of an old aboriginal grave/prison.

And most have no idea the history behind where they are staying the night...?

Glass
3rd June 2014, 11:06 PM
Not sure about the hotel. The place I'm refering to is a housing development on what was a very large section of land right in close to the city.

We have moved from having 1 home to 1/4 acre of land to now having 3 or 4 per 1/4. High density housing they call it. It is not apartments or flats but what we call town houses or units. A flat is generally low income 1 or 2 bedroom highrise of 2 levels upto sometimes 10 levels. Apartments are nicer, for middleclass, 2, 3 or 4 bedroom. Multiple levels from 2 up.

Townhouses and Units are ground based and with separate entrances for each dwelling but may share common walls. As I said usually 3 or 4 on a block. In this case it's about 30 dwellings. I think it was the first of it's type in our state, when they brought in bodies corporate for management of mutiple dwellings common land areas, driveways, shared gardens etc.

We have an island called Rottnest island which I think was an aboriginal gaol and burial ground. This is a big tourist place. It could be that place. Don't know if there are other places like that in other states.

It is not the only mass burial location. There are a couple of dozen. There was apparently about 12 million aboriginies here when white man came. Don't know if that movie says how many there were. I believe they killed about 10 million of them. To me those numbers are incredible SO take it with a grain of salt. This is only what I hear from an aboriginal elder. Our current population is about 24million.

if there really were 12 million people then they would have bumped into them everywhere. WE get the impression there was almost none of them here, small tribes and so on. Spread out all over.

I reckon if you added up all the people who have died under the union jack in the last 300 years it would be a billion or more souls from all over the world, asia, pacific, americas, ireland and europe. I include wars in that because it would seem all of the wars for 300 years have been instigated under the union jack.

Horn
4th June 2014, 07:13 AM
Yeah it was the Rottnest island, the creator and whoever he was interviewing there gave the impression that there was only a sign near the mass grave that was posted recently, but that the overall impression given by the resort was only recreational/luxury in nature, no other homage paid towards what it was really used for in the past within the hotel portions.