PDA

View Full Version : U.S. food prices rising 367% faster than inflation

singular_me
19th June 2014, 04:11 AM
isnt there another QE coming?

-------------------------

(NaturalNews) Food prices are now skyrocketing across the USA, says the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). Their most recent report (1) reveals that prices of meat, poultry, fish and eggs leaped 7.7 percent over the last year. That's nearly 367% higher than the official 2.1% inflation rate claimed by the federal government. (2)

Prices on these food items have risen 664% in the last five decades, according to the BLS, but much of the price acceleration has happened in just the last few years... and there's no end in sight.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/045601_food_inflation_chemical_agriculture_collaps e.html#ixzz3558nNpeB

EE_
19th June 2014, 04:59 AM
isnt there another QE coming?

-------------------------

(NaturalNews) Food prices are now skyrocketing across the USA, says the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). Their most recent report (1) reveals that prices of meat, poultry, fish and eggs leaped 7.7 percent over the last year. That's nearly 367% higher than the official 2.1% inflation rate claimed by the federal government. (2)

Prices on these food items have risen 664% in the last five decades, according to the BLS, but much of the price acceleration has happened in just the last few years... and there's no end in sight.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/045601_food_inflation_chemical_agriculture_collaps e.html#ixzz3558nNpeB

Or you could say the dollar is losing purchasing value like crazy.
Where are the extra costs in food coming from? Are food industry workers getting huge raises?
The dollar is buying less of everything. Less stocks, insurance, medical care, medicine, gas/gasoline/oil, electric, water, building materials, airfare, auto parts, household goods, also buys less in other countries.

Wall Street is just giddy over low inflation!

http://www.bishoprtaylor.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/269-jew-bankers.jpg

Cebu_4_2
19th June 2014, 10:39 AM
I noticed a BIG increase across the board regarding food. Hamburger is up $2.00 from last year. It's like paying steak prices for burger.

Ares
19th June 2014, 11:11 AM
I noticed a BIG increase across the board regarding food. Hamburger is up $2.00 from last year. It's like paying steak prices for burger.

Last years drought and this years drought in California have a lot to play with that too. Supply and demand with inflating currency is a nasty combination.

EE_
19th June 2014, 11:20 AM
Last years drought and this years drought in California have a lot to play with that too. Supply and demand with inflating currency is a nasty combination.

Yep, too many global dollars chasing too few products. I suspect China is bidding prices up on our food, cause it sure doesn't cost more to produce it with todays technology/automation and all the cheap (illegal) labor that's being imported daily.

Ares
19th June 2014, 11:36 AM
Yep, too many global dollars chasing too few products. I suspect China is bidding prices up on our food, cause it sure doesn't cost more to produce it with todays technology/automation and all the cheap (illegal) labor that's being imported daily.

Just read today that China is doing a bilateral swap with the British Pound. U.S. dollars will becoming home to roost and it's not going to be pretty at all.

https://news.yahoo.com/china-start-direct-yuan-trade-british-pound-163948500.html

EE_
19th June 2014, 12:00 PM
Just read today that China is doing a bilateral swap with the British Pound. U.S. dollars will becoming home to roost and it's not going to be pretty at all.

https://news.yahoo.com/china-start-direct-yuan-trade-british-pound-163948500.html

A $20 loaf of bread won't be pretty, but $10,000 gold will! I pity the fools that don't have any.

Ares
19th June 2014, 12:09 PM
A $20 loaf of bread won't be pretty, but $10,000 gold will! I pity the fools that don't have any.

No kidding. Those who haven't diversified out of dollars are going to be hit hard.

Cebu_4_2
19th June 2014, 02:37 PM
Ha! Just went to the store to see if that had any cheap steaks (shit meat). Look at T-bones and rummage through and find 2 that were priced : 1 each $6.49... grabbed them and went to the self check out, knew something wasn't right. Get home and look closer and the top of the label says "Salmon portion". Someones going to be pissed when they get off work and grab their steaks lol.

Horn
19th June 2014, 03:02 PM
Obama's teams gonna hunt for price fixing controls, most will elect Hitlary for their gratefulness.

zap
19th June 2014, 10:06 PM
I bought a 1/2 gallon of milk today, organic for 4.69.

jimswift
20th June 2014, 10:13 AM
Noticed that steaks have spiked up big time...

...last night for the first time I gave over $4 for a gallon of fuel. :o:(

I get the feeling like we could be priced out of everything by summers end if not sooner.

jimswift
20th June 2014, 10:17 AM
Anyone happen to have/or a link to a good succinct layman explanation of inflation I can print out and give to people?

Cebu_4_2
20th June 2014, 10:42 AM
Gas 3.27 today. Local market also gives 30¢ off per gallon gas with member card.

EE_
20th June 2014, 11:12 AM
Anyone happen to have/or a link to a good succinct layman explanation of inflation I can print out and give to people?

Inflation - too many dollars chasing too few products...dollars are worth less
Deflation - too few dollars chasing too many products...dollars are worth more
Hyper-inflation - complete loss of faith in a currency...dollars are worthless

Horn
20th June 2014, 01:26 PM
...last night for the first time I gave over $4 for a gallon of fuel.

We need to build a fleet of rental cars.