PDA

View Full Version : City Without 'Government'

iOWNme
19th June 2014, 03:27 PM
This is for the Statist of GSUS that IMAGINE that people who live without 'Government' and 'Law Enforcement' will devolve into wild animals. Here is your proof:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-v1Ta_il94

Max lives 120 years without local 'Government'.

Shami-Amourae
19th June 2014, 03:33 PM
http://gold-silver.us/forum/showthread.php?75212-Most-Feared-City-in-Nebraska

Glass
19th June 2014, 04:59 PM
I remember that guy. Enjoyed watching his videos some time back. Good advert. Fixer-upper Homes from $10K.

Shami-Amourae
19th June 2014, 05:09 PM
I remember that guy. Enjoyed watching his videos some time back. Good advert. Fixer-upper Homes from $10K.

You don't want to live in a rural place with no access to organic foods unless you plan on growing everything yourself.

singular_me
19th June 2014, 06:06 PM
I would have liked to hear about how they get their water, electricity, phone service (do they all have cells?), schooling, if there is a local currency... more about the practical aspects, but thats for sure good to hear that people know the stakes and are just helping out each others to stay away from gov interventions.

ps: its not a city but a small town

Glass
19th June 2014, 06:25 PM
You don't want to live in a rural place with no access to organic foods unless you plan on growing everything yourself.

That would be my plan and dream yes. I've looked at a few very small towns where they are offering homes or sometimes only blocks of land for around that amount of $$. The catch was you had to live in the town from the get go. I'd prefer some place where the land can be got, a home built or placed and things got ready over time, maybe a couple years of weekends and annual leave.

I guess they don't want people setting up holiday homes and not bringing much to the towns economy.

Cebu_4_2
19th June 2014, 07:05 PM
That would be my plan and dream yes. I've looked at a few very small towns where they are offering homes or sometimes only blocks of land for around that amount of $$. The catch was you had to live in the town from the get go. I'd prefer some place where the land can be got, a home built or placed and things got ready over time, maybe a couple years of weekends and annual leave.

I guess they don't want people setting up holiday homes and not bringing much to the towns economy.

Or bringing a cesspool of city freaks to a condo establishment. Imagine your small town, no taxes suddenly finds a plot of land available to sell. They sell it to Hillary Clitton and she decides this is the place to put a child control clinic up. Would surely butify the town up an also make news hits of why there should never be a town without federal government control... surely you are shitting me?

Glass
19th June 2014, 07:10 PM
Or bringing a cesspool of city freaks to a condo establishment. Imagine your small town, no taxes suddenly finds a plot of land available to sell. They sell it to Hillary Clitton and she decides this is the place to put a child control clinic up. Would surely butify the town up an also make news hits of why there should never be a town without federal government control... surely you are shitting me?

Not sure I get your point. We don't have any unincorporated places or settlements. All of them have governments from what I can tell and it's them that are making the offers of house or land.

Cebu_4_2
19th June 2014, 07:19 PM
Not sure I get your point. We don't have any unincorporated places or settlements. All of them have governments from what I can tell and it's them that are making the offers of house or land.

Ahhh okay I kinda follow your thoughts. I now live in an unincorporated city in an unincorporated county. I can build a 50 person shit house 3 feet from the road, or 2 feet, or if the patrons are gutsy right against the road. No permits, inspection, tax permits etc. I can park a mobile home the same, right against the road to piss off the city or county but guess what? They can't enforce shit cause they are unincorporated.

Just thought this lil tidbit might be of value.

Horn
20th June 2014, 01:30 PM
The only thing you have to worry about in Max, Nebraska is your offspring marrying each other.

Max is an unincorporated community and census-designated place in Dundy County, Nebraska, United States. Its elevation is 2,900 feet (884 m). Its population as of 2010 is 57

Neuro
20th June 2014, 02:03 PM
I don't think communities up to a few hundred people need government in a formal sense. But you wouldn't see youths in Chicago go out and shovel snow on the side walks. You need community organizers for that! ^^^ It's a fucked up world!

Horn
20th June 2014, 02:10 PM
I don't think communities up to a few hundred people need government in a formal sense.

I imagine the woman's club in Max takes their bake sale pretty seriously,

you don't show with some muffin dough, and your gonna get the shuns...

Neuro
20th June 2014, 02:24 PM

Getting prison time for not paying taxes might look like an attractive option comparatively. Anyway this spring I volunteered to fill some pot holes and drain the water away from the road going to my avatar house, it took me about 3-4 hours. The results were good. I didn't slide off the road into the ravine. I did slide into another ravine a few times though after that... ;D

Horn
20th June 2014, 02:41 PM
You can't leave those metal manhole or utility covers just laying around here, highly valuable trade reuse value.

Once in a blue moon you'll catch a car stuck in the center of the street with its front wheel sunk into where one used to be.

Neuro
20th June 2014, 03:05 PM
You can't leave those metal manhole or utility covers just laying around here, highly valuable trade reuse value.

Once in a blue moon you'll catch a car stuck in the center of the street with its front wheel sunk into where one used to be.
The idea increases exponentially with population...

Santa
20th June 2014, 03:07 PM
Creepy. Not a single human in the streets in broad daylight besides the narrator. Aside from the video likely being a real estate advertisement to entice folks to buy property there, I suspect the town of Max may be populated by a nest of elderly Nebraskan vampires.

Rubicon
20th June 2014, 03:50 PM
A homogeneous City Without 'Government' might work; a diverse City Without 'Government' certainly will not.

The most prevalent race in Max is white, which represent 96.49% of the total population.
Its population as of 2010 is 57.

http://www.usa.com/max-ne-population-and-races.htm

Glass
20th June 2014, 05:32 PM
Creepy. Not a single human in the streets in broad daylight besides the narrator. Aside from the video likely being a real estate advertisement to entice folks to buy property there, I suspect the town of Max may be populated by a nest of elderly Nebraskan vampires.

anyone interested in driving there and checking it out? Can you get off road zimmers?

singular_me
20th June 2014, 06:07 PM
I watched it again, and I dont think it was conclusive, encouraging enough I mean. Thats a good try but I wouldnt move out there.

Horn
20th June 2014, 06:17 PM
But you wouldn't see youths in Chicago go out and shovel snow on the side walks.

There are no sidewalks in Max, Nebraska.

No worries.

BrewTech
20th June 2014, 08:48 PM

What the hell does that even mean?

BrewTech
20th June 2014, 08:51 PM

That reminds me... there are a few manhole covers (originals) from the Bell Co. on my street. I think they date back to the late 1920's... I wonder how much those things are worth as antiques? After all, the Bell Communications Company is very much not around anymore...

Not that I have any interest in acquiring them myself... I'm just curious if there are still artifacts like this lying around in plain sight in anyone else's town.

Neuro
20th June 2014, 10:08 PM
If you don't buy cake, you won't bake...

Horn
21st June 2014, 12:04 AM

I used to think only nuns could shun,

but I'm pretty sure the women who hold their bake sales in Max, Nebraska to replace the streetlights are capable also.

we need a shunning thread...

Shunning can be the act of social rejection (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_rejection), or mental rejection. Social rejection is when a person or group deliberately avoids association with, and habitually keeps away from an individual or group. This can be a formal decision by a group, or a less formal group action which will spread to all members of the group as a form of solidarity. It is a sanction against association, often associated with religious (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious) groups and other tightly knit organizations and communities. Targets of shunning can include persons who have been labeled as apostates (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostates), whistleblowers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whistleblowers), dissidents (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissidents), strikebreakers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strikebreakers), or anyone the group perceives as a threat or source of conflict. Social rejection has been established to cause psychological damage and has been categorized as torture.[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shunning#cite_note-psychotorture-1) Mental rejection is a more individual action, where a person subconsciously or willfully ignores an idea, or a set of information related to a particular viewpoint. Some groups are made up of people who shun the same ideas