PDA

View Full Version : Psyco cop cuts lost dog's throat

EE_
19th June 2014, 05:56 PM
Another example where a neighbor called the police and it ended badly.
To think, anyone of us, a wife or a family member could get pulled over by one of these psycho's with a badge and gun and become their next victim.
People need to learn to never call them!

Police: Dog's throat cut; Officer charged with animal cruelty
Lost dog contained by police before officer cut it, officials say
Published 3:40 PM EDT Jun 18, 2014

Police officer charged with animal cruelty

Show Transcript Hide Transcript
I DO NOT WANT HIM TO BE ABLE TO GO ON CALLS AND DO THAT TO A PERSON, TO A DOG, TO ANYTHING. THAT IS NOT OK. BREAKING NEWS. WE ARE HEARING FROM THE OWNER OF A DOG WHO INVESTIGATORS SAY THE DOG'S WROTE WAS -- DOG'S THROAT WAS CUT BY THE OFFICER. THAT OFFICER IS FACING FELONY CHARGES. JAYNE MILLER HAS THE LATEST DETAILS FOR US. THIS STORY BROKE AT ABOUT 330 P.M. THIS AFTERNOON WHEN AUTHORITIES DISCLOSED WHAT HAPPENS IN SOUTHEAST BALTIMORE. A SHORT TIME AGO, 11 NEWS REPORTER KAI REED CAUGHT UP WITH THE OWNER OF THE DOG. UNDERSTANDABLY. SHE WAS VERY UPSET. SHE HAD A SEVEN-YEAR-OLD SHAR-PEI WHOSE NAME WAS NOT LOCK. OFFICERS RESPONDED ON GRUNDY STREET. IT CAME IN AS A STRAY DOG CALL AND HAD KNIT SOMEONE WHO TRIED TO RESCUE IT. THEY USED A POLE TO CONTAIN THE DOG. BUT THEN ONE OF THE OFFICERS PULLED A KNIFE, SLIT THE DOG'S THROAT, KILLING IT. SHE WAS THE SWEETEST DOG, WOULD NEVER HURT ANYONE. SHE WAS JUST SCARED THAT THEY. -- THAT DAY. SCARED AND LOST, HUNGRY. THEY SAID THAT SHE BIT SOMEONE, BUT THE ACTIONS AFTER THAT -- THEY ARE JUST NOT OK. WE HAVE NO WORDS TO DESCRIBE THIS. TO SAY THAT WE ARE APPALLED AT THE ALLEGATIONS, I THINK IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT. THE OFFICER HAS NOT YET BEEN IDENTIFIED. HE IS, ACCORDING TO COMMANDERS, BEING CHARGED WITH FELONY ANIMAL CRUELTY AND WILL BE SUSPENDED WITHOUT PAY. THE OWNER OF THE DOG SAID THAT SHE WAS INTERVIEWED BY THE POLICE, BUT WAS NOT TOLD THE USE OF FORCE. SHE USED THE WORD "SKETCHY" TO DESCRIBE THE INFORMATION YOU WOULD -- SHE WAS PROVIDED SATURDAY MORNING WHEN ALL THIS HAPPENED. THE COMMANDERS ARE LOOKING AT WHETHER THE OFFICERS WHO WERE AWARE OF THIS INCIDENT PROPERLY REPORTED THAT. POLICE COMMANDERS SAID THEY DID

BALTIMORE —A Baltimore City police officer was arrested and charged with aggravated animal cruelty and other charges after cutting the throat of a dog, police officials announced Wednesday afternoon.

Update: Second officer suspended

Police were called Saturday morning to the 700 block of South Grundy Street in southeast Baltimore for a report of a stray dog that had nipped someone trying to rescue it.

Sarah Gossard told 11 News that her beloved 7-year-old shar-pei named Nala had somehow escaped the gate of her back yard that morning. While she searched for the dog, including posting pictures of Nala on a community Facebook page, nearby resident Sandy Fleischer said she found Nala a few blocks away looking confused and thirsty.

"The dog was more scared of not knowing where it was and being thirsty and disoriented. The dog bit me out of fear because I tried to touch it, which was my fault," Fleischer told 11 News reporter Kai Reed.

Police were called, and Fleischer said she watched as several officers used sticks to try to contain Nala, who she said wasn't being aggressive.

"You could hear the dog screaming and crying in pain," Fleischer said. "I did see one officer that had been extremely aggressive that did have his knee into her chest that was tightening the noose. It seemed (they were doing it) relentlessly and unnecessarily."

Fleischer then went into an ambulance, so she didn't see what happened next.

Police said the officers then secured Nala using a dog pole, and an officer assigned to the emergency services division, later identified as Officer Jeffrey Bolger, went much further.

"Unfortunately, at some point after the dog was contained, one of our officers used a knife and cut the dog's throat. This is outrageous and an unacceptable breach of our protocol," Baltimore Police Deputy Commissioner Dean Palmere said.

"We have no words to describe this. To say that we are appalled at the allegations, I think, is an understatement," said Baltimore Police Deputy Commissioner Jerry Rodriguez.

Commanders said they know of no reason for Bolger to use such force on a dog that was under control. Nala later died.

"She was just the sweetest dog and would never hurt anyone. She was just scared that day, and through all of those events -- being scared and lost, thirsty, hungry -- yes I'm very sure that she bit someone, but the actions after that were not OK," Gossard said.

She told 11 News she didn't find out until Wednesday that her dog was killed in such a violent way.

"This dog had a collar around its neck with tags, with my phone number. It's not OK," Gossard said.

Bolger, who was also charged with malfeasance in office, has been suspended without pay. He was released early Thursday on his own personal recognizance, 11 News learned.

"Obviously, my anger is toward this police officer. I don't want him to have his job. I don't want him to be able to go out on calls and react like that to a person, to a dog, to anything. That's not OK," Gossard said.

Police are also investigating whether other officers who knew of the incident followed procedure to report it. Commanders said they "caught wind of it Monday," two days later.

Officials said Bolger has been with the Police Department since 1992.

Read more: http://www.wbaltv.com/news/police-dogs-throad-cut-officer-charged-with-animal-cruelty/26553714#ixzz358RRmk7D

Ares
19th June 2014, 06:58 PM
I've already told my wife never EVER EVER call the police for absolutely anything. I play with cops lack of authority but at a distance. Like getting a ticket, and refusing it. They get confused when it never makes it to court. :)

Cebu_4_2
19th June 2014, 07:13 PM
What a way to get a paid vacation... I should have became a dick and used deadly force for a lifetime of paid vacations.

Cebu_4_2
19th June 2014, 07:14 PM
I've already told my wife never EVER EVER call the police for absolutely anything. I play with cops lack of authority but at a distance. Like getting a ticket, and refusing it. They get confused when it never makes it to court. :)

How do you refuse a ticket?

Ares
19th June 2014, 07:50 PM
How do you refuse a ticket?

Refused For Cause. What they gave you was a presentment. An OFFER, which you can refuse. But you have to cover your ass when you do it. Create a Misc. case file at a local U.S. District court. Cost about 40 FRN's usually. Write Refused For Cause across the presentment, copy the Refused For Cause ticket. Now go to a UPS store or USPS and request for Certified Mail. For really important documents I usually do Registered mail, the difference is that Certified mail doesn't guarantee the contents while Registered Mail does. So use Certified or Registered depending on need.

So while at the UPS or USPS store get 2 certified mail envelopes. Take the copied Refused For cause ticket, place it in an envelop with Clerk instructions to place it in Misc case file #### etc at the district court you created the case file at. Take the original ticket with refused for cause written on it, put it in envelope with a copy of the clerk instructions mailed to the court the presentment ask you to attend too and seal them both up and mail them out. You have to do this within 72 hours of receiving the ticket. You're using UCC rules to refuse this presentment. After 72 hours it's considered silence and we all know in law silence is acceptance.

I have done this twice already and have never heard back from the courts in anyway shape or form. Both of which were in Indiana. Haven't had a ticket here in NC yet.