PDA

View Full Version : Dow 17,000!

EE_
3rd July 2014, 06:44 AM
Best recovery I've ever seen! Dow 18,000 by the end of the year?

BrewTech
3rd July 2014, 07:16 AM
I love how most people believe that the higher the number the more valuable the stock market is... LO fucking L!

Neuro
3rd July 2014, 07:16 AM
Best recovery I've ever seen! Dow 18,000 by the end of the year?
Maybe 20,000 by October, and 13,000 by the end of the year?

Neuro
3rd July 2014, 07:18 AM
I love how most people believe that the higher the number the more valuable the stock market is... LO fucking L!
It isn't?:o

EE_
3rd July 2014, 07:30 AM
All I know is there's a whole lot of money out there. Home prices are the highest in history in hot markets. People are cracking off big bucks for high-end home furnishings, custom motorcycles, classic cars, art, vacations, etc. The airlines are packed too.

My area is booming too. Construction companies can't find employees. I'm even thinking about going back to work project managing...they're begging for them.

No one is struggling that I know. I don't know why there's talk of needing more jobs?

If people are struggling, I'll let you on in a littel secret...no one gives a shit!, except of cource for the people that are struggling. The government doesn't care, Wall Street doesn't care, and face it, you or I don't care.
As long as you have your money, that's all that matters.

Spectrism
3rd July 2014, 07:46 AM
We are all on a giant jet airplane flying at 14,000 feet. The engines have failed. The pilots sensed the concern from the many passengers as the plane started to dip violently down and pick up speed. They pulled back on the yoke and got the plane flying upward with the residual momentum. All the passengers (except a few) breathed a big sigh of relief.

Comments like "we are safe now", and "that was a close call" could be heard among the passengers. Some of them, however, could discern that the engines did not come back on. The pilots knew the upward movement was temporary and the engines were not going to easily ignite. There was some severe problem killing the engines and the chance of solving that dilemma in the short time they had seemed impossible. In the cockpit could be heard desperate comments as they brainstormed about a "soft landing" and "low level recovery".

The pilots dumped the fuel since they had no plan to attempt restarting the engines anymore. They adjusted the wing settings which made the plane flying strongly upward. These caused an immediate lift of the front end of the plane without thrust but the effect in the seats made people think they were on an upward path. But the speed slowed greatly. Air velocity dropped so low that no matter what the pilots did, nothing changed. They had traded speed for altitude.

Soon the plane stalled at 17,000 feet and the feeling of weightlessness caused everyone to gasp or scream in fear. Retired Federal Reserve chairman Benjamin Bernanke, great statesman and humanitarian that he is, happened to be flying by in his personal helicopter and saw the anguished faces looking out of the windows of the almost motionless airplane. He was born for moments like this and would not let any large craft crash while he could help. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a fat wad of 100 dollar federal reserve notes. As the plane was just at its peak, he threw the money like confetti, which chased the falling airplane in its downdraft.

The End.

Neuro
3rd July 2014, 08:06 AM
You sure have the knack for writing Spectrism!

Canadian-guerilla
3rd July 2014, 08:26 AM
memo to self

" keep prepping like the end of the world is coming . . . "

Sparky
3rd July 2014, 09:33 AM
The stock market is manipulated and currently detached from underlying valuation, and treading in bubble territory. But it's also fascinating to observe because it has such a far-reaching affect on global finance, economies, and the money system, and it's an amazing study in human sentiment and emotion.

There are two totally rationale reasons to continue plowing money into the market:

1) Fixed return on excess capital is currently offering only a fraction of one percent, and
2) The stock market is an inflation hedge, because it is a proxy for purchasing tangible assets (i.e. the underlying companies), in the same way that we talk about buying precious metals, land, food/water, fuel, supplies, etc.

The thing about a bubble is that it's nearly impossible to anticipate the top or the timing, because it's already detached from normal valuations. We agree that gold is sensible to buy in the current global financial environment, so why did it lose 35% off of it's $1920 high? Because in spite of it's value, it's price got too far ahead of itself. Because of its underlying value, we expect it will once again move forward to higher heights.

Same with the stock market. The underlying companies represent tangible value. But price has gotten ahead of itself, and a huge correction of unknown magnitude and timing looms ahead. Remember, it's a game of chicken amongst the big banks and fund managers. Everyone else is along for the ride. They are balancing two fears: 1) Making 5-10%% while their competitors are making 15-20%, and 2) losing 20-50%. For them, #2 isn't as scary as #1 as long as their competitor's suffer equal pain. So they will keep buying stocks to avoid #1, continuously monitoring the point at which to jump ship to avoid #2. They know that 300 point drops in the market are opportunities, up until such unknown point that they are not.

Horn
3rd July 2014, 12:56 PM
All I know is there's a whole lot of money out there. Home prices are the highest in history in hot markets. People are cracking off big bucks for high-end home furnishings, custom motorcycles, classic cars, art, vacations, etc. The airlines are packed too.

My area is booming too. Construction companies can't find employees. I'm even thinking about going back to work project managing...they're begging for them.

No one is struggling that I know. I don't know why there's talk of needing more jobs?

If people are struggling, I'll let you on in a littel secret...no one gives a shit!, except of cource for the people that are struggling. The government doesn't care, Wall Street doesn't care, and face it, you or I don't care.
As long as you have your money, that's all that matters.

Shirley, you jest?

Spectrism
3rd July 2014, 02:54 PM
Well, its a jungle out there. You have to remain light on your feet, aware of all predators as well as the nasties that can sting or inject poison... or inject a virus or bacteria into you. Nature warned us of what the world is like and we have emulated the same hazards in human-tainted form. So what does that have to do with stocks?

People are flush with money. Doubt that? Visit a shopping center, restaurant or look at the cable/dish subscriptions. Those who are not earning their money are being given it by the generous government which steals the same money from the producers at gunpoint. But is it money? What are we really talking about?

Fake money is as easy to produce as Monopoly money.

http://2012patriot.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/monopoly-money-bailout.jpg

Does anyone really know how much of the federal reserve note fake money is out there? And, what is to stop them from digitizing their own accounts and living fat off the "full faith and credit" of the Amerikan slave laborer?

So, let's say that you win a grand lottery prize of $50million. In a bank account, you have a promise based on faith. The object of that faith is two-fold: the maintained value of the denomination and the solvency of the bank. If you leave it in the bank, you lose value of the fiat money as it has historically and mathematically always been debased. So, you must be light o your feet and spend it on something that will at least maintain today's value.

You could buy real estate and depending on where/what you buy, it may actually grow in value. Or, you could buy precious metals and store them away in secret and safe places where at best they will be the same precious metals you buried... not growing and not shrinking. And, as Nancy Pelosi said- gold is not backed by anything (LOL) like the US dollar is. Another option is to invest in highly liquid, dividend-producing stocks.

Dividends are taxed at a lower rate for the rich, so this is a nice income option. There may be capital gains over time as well. As the risk of rising bond interest rates increases, money will be exiting the bond market. This also makes stocks look good. And, banks that are given free money from the federal reserve are using leveraged products in the stock market (derivatives) to gamble for high returns. Stocks are a sweet combination that fit the needs (greedy desires) of many. Bubble.

What will make them crash is not the stock value, but the actual closing of the company doors when they can no longer afford to pay their employees. It will be a shock to the stock market which thought everything was cool. This day will happen when customers stop buy that company's product. THAT can happen overnight... and it will.

If you are not fast on your feet, you will be the one holding worthless stock with nobody interested in buying it. But before it will become worthless, we will see a spike in stocks as all outlets for money point that way. Here is the jungle survival tip of the day: if you have value, there are predators who want to take it from you. Think like a jungle survivor.

EE_
3rd July 2014, 03:28 PM
Shirley, you jest?

I'm not jesting...and don't... well you know...

I got a call today from someone in a large home building company, they want to interview me. They currently have 5 project manager positions open they can't fill.

I'm kind of fretting a bit at the thought of giving up my cushy present life.
But more $$$$ would be nice. I know they will run me ragged, so I'm thinking about only putting in a couple years on the rock pile. Of cource I'll tell them I'll stay for at least 5 years.

I really have to think this through over the weekend.

I'm heading to Florida soon for a couple weeks. I'm not changing my plans.

Horn
3rd July 2014, 03:36 PM
So the Fed is mopping up in North Carolina?

I received a message from a friend who said he was thinking of building more homes in Las Vegas. Really! I said, wasn't that overdone a bit too much, not too long ago? He was very deliberate in his suggestions, I was numbed.

Are these the last anesthetic shots before the slicing starts?

mick silver
5th July 2014, 12:33 PM
this is better then the stock market to me ...Nationwide, because there is a great shortage of affordable housing, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) provides fundinghttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/icon1.png (http://www.ehow.com/how_7298320_rent-house-out-government.html#) to states to serve as a link between low-income families and landlords and homeowners who want to rent their homes to the government. This funding is used to subsidize rent payments for low-income tenants. States and local government public housing authorities need your participation in helping deserving families find safe and decent housing. You can be one of the landlords benefiting from the Housing Choice Voucher Program formerly known as Section 8 Housing

Read more : http://www.ehow.com/how_7298320_rent-house-out-government.html

Neuro
5th July 2014, 04:08 PM
this is better then the stock market to me ...Nationwide, because there is a great shortage of affordable housing, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) provides fundinghttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/icon1.png (http://www.ehow.com/how_7298320_rent-house-out-government.html#) to states to serve as a link between low-income families and landlords and homeowners who want to rent their homes to the government. This funding is used to subsidize rent payments for low-income tenants. States and local government public housing authorities need your participation in helping deserving families find safe and decent housing. You can be one of the landlords benefiting from the Housing Choice Voucher Program formerly known as Section 8 Housing

Read more : http://www.ehow.com/how_7298320_rent-house-out-government.html
Government welfare to Wall Street. A year or 2 ago Hedge Funds bought up foreclosed properties hundreds of them each time. Those are the landlords...

Horn
10th July 2014, 08:52 PM
Fiat's last ride?

After this we will see some serious watering down, imo.

I don't know about 70% in relation to anything real, but 25% to 30% would seem close enough to the last nail.

Neuro
11th July 2014, 10:21 AM
Fiat's last ride?

After this we will see some serious watering down, imo.

I don't know about 70% in relation to anything real, but 25% to 30% would seem close enough to the last nail.
DOW to 22-25k? Or has the devaluation already been accounted for?