PDA

View Full Version : Shoot

Cebu_4_2
9th July 2014, 12:06 PM
Kid broke down in Mi and I have to travel to get him and his shit. Engine is fried so the best we can do is $50.00 at a scrap yard. Good thing is they will tow it for free, so much for working capital to flip a few cars. I'm off on my 8 hour 1 way journey. Poor kid is in the middle of absolutely nowhere freaking out cause the car is dead...

Pete, meet you back in the thunderdome after I get back! Happy fishing. (not other peoples bitches! Remember that)

old steel
9th July 2014, 12:12 PM
Godspeed Cebu_4_2

My thoughts will be with you.

SWRichmond
9th July 2014, 12:12 PM
Hang in there buddy...

Cebu_4_2
10th July 2014, 12:51 AM
Thanks, got $240 for the car but wont get it for a bit, need the paper title they say. Car wasn't worth much more than 2800 but to tow it back to his moms was about 900. AAA could have helped but his moms place and husband are tool less and inept to deal with this travesty. New used engine plus instal way over value. I decided the $240 is worth more than an abandoned vehicle fine so now the boy is fukt.

Car was fine, lots of miles and synthetic oil, full of antifreeze etc. Just started losing power and after I told him to gimp to the next exit it was pounding hard to live. Sounded very harsh from his video recording. At least he got off the highway and was safe till I got there. Funny thing is 2 people stopped on this deserted road, one went and almost pushed food and water on him, the other offered a ride and hooked us up with a scrap yard.

Boy is safe but real bummed out, nothing he could have done better. Just dead car syndrome. I think it is a blessing because there is some reason he couldn't continue. Never can predict them cosmic realities.

Cebu_4_2
10th July 2014, 12:53 AM
I need sleep to go back.... wish I could leave after 10am. Tired man.

osoab
10th July 2014, 03:28 AM
Fuel filter or fuel pump?

Cebu_4_2
10th July 2014, 03:43 PM
Fuel filter or fuel pump?

No... hard engine knock syndrome. He didn't have tools to pull the valve cover to see but from the sound it sounded heavy. AND I had him start it with the radiator cap off to make sure there was no air pocket, when he cranked it water just shot out! We are debating on the cause because we cant see what happened, my guess is head gasket started leaking, over heating stuff and either the cam follower got loose or the piston started pounding away on the head.

Sucks not knowing what actually happened but it is over and everyone is safe. Could have been much worse, could have blew in Detroit or Toledo. The synthetic oil allowed him to pass Detroit but the car just said enough is enough. 4-cyl Honda, not made for grand touring refused to tour anymore. Can't blame it.

Libertytree
10th July 2014, 03:55 PM
Head gasket/piston, that's exactly what it sounds like.

Cebu_4_2
10th July 2014, 04:01 PM
Head gasket/piston, that's exactly what it sounds like.

Waiting on the video upload so we can concur on the sounds.

Ponce
10th July 2014, 04:13 PM
Ponce <----------- no kids, no problems.....he is a happy camper.

V

Cebu_4_2
10th July 2014, 04:21 PM
Ponce <----------- no kids, no problems.....he is a happy camper.

V

Kids are one of the best things that can happen for a man, unless the woman is a cunt. Even so I am glad to have made him. I appreciate life and do what I can. I even have a fresh one not 2 months here and appreciate it. No offense Ponce but you are alone, if that is what you choose so be it. Do what you want to do, I choose to bring more happy people here... from nothing. (well not much more than a spoonful)