PDA

View Full Version : At what point is what the .gov does considered to be harassment?

General of Darkness
19th August 2014, 06:12 PM
As some people know I have three dogs, the two working dobies, which are not regulated by the law, BUT my Malamute Indy is. She's neutered, but for some damn reason I have to license her. Yeah I know it's revenue

While I physically live in Pasadena, my address is considered L.A., stupid ass boundaries etc.

I was working from home on Thursday and this black lady with the city shows up and asks if I have dogs, and OF COURSE, my dobies go Ferguson in the back ground, so I can't say fuck off. I tell her I have a dog, and she already knows because I licensed her about 8 years ago and she asks if she's had rabies shots blah blah blah. Well there isn't a problem with rabies in Los Angeles, so I tell her you know there isn't a rabies problem and she give me a paper blah blah blah.

Well I come home Friday, and there's another notice from her, and I'm like WTF.

Then on Saturday I leave the house and there's a full on citation, that looks like a traffic ticket, that if I don't pay $80 in FIVE DAYS I have to go to court. So this bitch showed up 3 days in a row, the license is $40 and then $40 for her fat black ass being there.

So here's the question, is it worth going to court over something as stupid as this? A part of me says yes just to fight the system, and have my time in there to bitch and moan? I know most people will just say fuck it and pay the fine/license, but a fine/license for WHAT?

chad
19th August 2014, 06:14 PM
if you were black she wouldn't have done a thing. fuck her, revenue enhancement because she knows you have it.

palani
19th August 2014, 06:22 PM
if I don't pay $80 in FIVE DAYS I have to go to court.

Offer ... Acceptance.

You have the Offer .... the options are

1) accept ... honorable
2) refuse ... dishonorable
3) ignore ... dishonorable
4) counter offer ... honorable ... has the effect of cancelling the original offer and places another offer on the table

Me? I would think about signing it with an OK TO PAY return it to them and let them find a fiduciary willing to make payment. This is a valid counter offer.

Cebu_4_2
19th August 2014, 07:19 PM
As some people know I have three dogs, the two working dobies, which are not regulated by the law, BUT my Malamute Indy is. She's neutered, but for some damn reason I have to license her. Yeah I know it's revenue

While I physically live in Pasadena, my address is considered L.A., stupid ass boundaries etc.

I was working from home on Thursday and this black lady with the city shows up and asks if I have dogs, and OF COURSE, my dobies go Ferguson in the back ground, so I can't say fuck off. I tell her I have a dog, and she already knows because I licensed her about 8 years ago and she asks if she's had rabies shots blah blah blah. Well there isn't a problem with rabies in Los Angeles, so I tell her you know there isn't a rabies problem and she give me a paper blah blah blah.

Well I come home Friday, and there's another notice from her, and I'm like WTF.

Then on Saturday I leave the house and there's a full on citation, that looks like a traffic ticket, that if I don't pay $80 in FIVE DAYS I have to go to court. So this bitch showed up 3 days in a row, the license is $40 and then $40 for her fat black ass being there.

So here's the question, is it worth going to court over something as stupid as this? A part of me says yes just to fight the system, and have my time in there to bitch and moan? I know most people will just say fuck it and pay the fine/license, but a fine/license for WHAT?

I always went under the assumption that if you pay for the ticket by default, then you have to go to the show.

I always had about a 75% sucess personally appearing for the show, only 40% by mailing letters.