PDA

View Full Version : International Farmall Cub Tractor

EE_
5th September 2014, 06:29 AM
Anyone familiar with these? Desirable?

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/BuzzardWing/DSCN0017Small.jpg

I'm thinking about bidding on one in an auction soon, (late 60's early 70's) to do a minor restoration for a flip.
Of course it's not in the condition of the photo, needs paint etc. Has mower deck.
If it runs fine, what should I bid max.

hoarder
5th September 2014, 11:12 AM
I'm not an expert, but my understanding is that Internationals aren't quite as good as Case, JD, Ford, Massey Ferguson or Allis Chalmers, but quite useable and desireable to some. I don't think the Cub has three point lift. It's pretty hard to profitably paint and flip tractors. Works better with homes.

EE_
5th September 2014, 11:37 AM
I'm not an expert, but my understanding is that Internationals aren't quite as good as Case, JD, Ford, Massey Ferguson or Allis Chalmers, but quite useable and desireable to some. I don't think the Cub has three point lift. It's pretty hard to profitably paint and flip tractors. Works better with homes.

There are 3 pt lift kits that use the existing hydraulic lift
Parts are plentiful for these and at reasonable prices. I like the size of this tractor.

I'm talking about acquiring this tractor for the right price. Keep in mind I am in tractor country with many large properties. So selling it won't be a problem.

Dogman
5th September 2014, 11:47 AM
Depending on the problem, most here rebuild. Only buy one for something different or, do not have one or need something bigger!

Farm alls are popular here , many a acre of hay cut here using them!

As you said parts are easy to find, when bailing wire won't do the trick!

Bailing wire is the farmers/ranchers duct tape!

;)

hoarder
5th September 2014, 12:06 PM
I would rather have a Ford 8N. Henry Ford = Good guy. International Harvester = International tribe.

crimethink
13th September 2014, 12:48 PM
I would rather have a Ford 8N. Henry Ford = Good guy. International Harvester = International tribe.

International Harvester was never a Jewish company.

EE_
13th September 2014, 01:03 PM
I went to the auction to get that tractor on Thursday. There were three of us bidding. If it weren't for one determined bidder I could have got it for a great deal...probably $900. I valued it at about $1,500 - $1,800
I tapped out at $1,175. You have to remember there's a 10% auction fee on top of your winning bid. So the good profit was somewhat gone.
It was a great auction and I bought a few things. If someone were in the mindset to open a restore, this would have been the auction to load up on. An amazing amount of stuff! The homes must have been packed to the gills.
What an amazing property too. Acres of land, secluded by a perimeter of trees, two homes and 6 out buildings. One very large bld. and one great old barn.
I would love to own something like that.

hoarder
13th September 2014, 06:20 PM
International Harvester was never a Jewish company.Maybe. Jews are constantly trying to internationalize everything. Whenever that word is used, I suspect a Jew behind it. Besides, almost all large publicly traded corporations are Jewish. That's how Wall Street and the financial media are structured. With minor effort on their part, it is inevitable.

rolledgold
14th September 2014, 04:37 PM
Maybe. Jews are constantly trying to internationalize everything. Whenever that word is used, I suspect a Jew behind it. Besides, almost all large publicly traded corporations are Jewish. That's how Wall Street and the financial media are structured. With minor effort on their part, it is inevitable.

Wow! How does one get from restoring a tractor to this comment?

osoab
14th September 2014, 05:08 PM
Wow! How does one get from restoring a tractor to this comment?

it happens

Glass
14th September 2014, 05:40 PM
As you said parts are easy to find, when bailing wire won't do the trick!

Bailing wire is the farmers/ranchers duct tape!

;)

Ha. I learnt this as a kid growing up with some farm time. 30 years later I still have bailing wire within easy reach. Cloth duct tape, fencing/bailing wire and self amalgamating tape always to hand.