PDA

View Full Version : Four Chicago firefighters sent home, because they would not remove the american flag

Hitch
19th September 2014, 04:24 AM
off their helmets.

This story burns, being a former firefighter, who took pride in raising the flag at the firehouse, and having a flag on my helmet.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2014/09/09/four-maywood-firefighters-suspended-over-refusal-to-remove-american-flags-from-helmets/

Four Maywood firefighters have been relieved of duty for the day, and more could be disciplined Wednesday, for refusing to remove American flag decals from their helmets and lockers.

The four refused to comply with an order issued last week by Chief Craig Bronaugh to remove all stickers from their helmets and lockers. The four drew the line when it came to the flag decals.

A representative from Service Employees International Union Local 73, which represents the firefighters, met for an hour with Chief Bronaugh Tuesday afternoon, with the union hoping Chief Bronaugh would modify his order. Instead, he ordered the firefighters sent home immediately, pending disciplinary action.

BrewTech
19th September 2014, 06:31 AM
I'm wondering why people continue to worship abstractions. Is reality that unsatisfying?

Shami-Amourae
19th September 2014, 06:35 AM
If it had been the Mexican flag, this wouldn't have happened.
:rolleyes:

Ponce
19th September 2014, 06:53 AM
Well, after 13 years my ten US flags and my "NO USRael" sign are still in my front yard...only when I am dead or we all are free, once again , will they come down.

V

madfranks
19th September 2014, 08:44 AM
I'm wondering why people continue to worship abstractions. Is reality that unsatisfying?

Worship is a good word. They don't know that's what they're doing, but they are.

mick silver
19th September 2014, 10:49 AM
if they would of had a Evil 'Zionist flag they would still be fighting fires