PDA

View Full Version : credit scores

Hitch
11th October 2014, 03:39 PM
Can paying off debt lower your credit score?

My credit score has always been pretty decent, around 815. I paid off some credit card debt I was floating, just to get rid of it, and my score gets smacked down to 794.

Now, I know I shouldn't care as the whole system is bullshit anyway, but I may need a good score to start up my own business in the future.

Serpo
11th October 2014, 03:47 PM
My daughter we just found out about a week ago has a large credit card debt for her circumstances and is going to go bankrupt at my advice and her legal aid agreed.

She has no assets and even her car is one we gave her and its still in my name.

She has nothing they can re posse from her .

The banks still gave her credit cards...................

midnight rambler
11th October 2014, 03:49 PM
Credit score = how well one sucks bankster schlong...er, I mean how well one services one's debt for the fake money they've borrowed.

"Buy now, pay much more later."

crimethink
11th October 2014, 03:49 PM
Only the Jews at Fair-Isaac (the "FI" of FICO) know. :)

Seriously, there doesn't seem to be any reason for some of what happens with FICO scores. Supposedly there is algorithmic reasoning, but, as I'm not a mathematician, I can't say for sure.

Serpo
11th October 2014, 03:53 PM
Is it a credit score or a debt score

Is it a credit card or a debt card

Ponce
11th October 2014, 05:06 PM
Also a mistery to me..........806 is my score and yet...I never buy anything on credit.......the whole thing is a bull to me..........let's see what a good credit score will do to you in the middle of the jungle in the Amazon.

V

Cebu_4_2
11th October 2014, 05:45 PM
Can paying off debt lower your credit score?

My credit score has always been pretty decent, around 815. I paid off some credit card debt I was floating, just to get rid of it, and my score gets smacked down to 794.

Now, I know I shouldn't care as the whole system is bullshit anyway, but I may need a good score to start up my own business in the future.

Yes, if you pay one off your score drops. They like to see that you maintain your debt and not pay it off. The score also can drop simply by credit agencies checking your credit score.

I bailed on 2 cards a few years ago, a wrongful foreclosure and just recently another small but unworkable card. My score last I checked was under 300. Fuck them anyways, I was able to change my address and phone number on the account to a walmart about 500 miles away.

Credit is cool but paying it back sucks. I think I abused the system too much but then again fuck them.

Hatha Sunahara
12th October 2014, 10:45 AM
Is it a credit score or a debt score

What is the difference between credit and debt? Money isn't really money--it's credit, and it is created by someone going into debt. It would be more appropriate to call this measure the 'Debt Slavery Rating'.

If you never borrow any money, and pay for everything in cash you don't need any such rating because you're not a debt slave.

I never checked my 'credit score' and I don't give a damn what it is. I do what I can to never have to borrow money from any institutional lender.

Hatha

Cebu_4_2
12th October 2014, 01:12 PM

If you use a credit card for merchandise and it's defective, you have recourse through the card company and can get your money back.

A debit card you have no recourse at all.

Hitch
12th October 2014, 01:19 PM
Fuck them anyways, I was able to change my address and phone number on the account to a walmart about 500 miles away..

That is awesome! You know you post has me just not giving a shit about my credit score anymore.

Indeed, fuck them and their greedy hands. Bastards.

I'm going to remember that Walmart address idea.

crimethink
12th October 2014, 03:04 PM
I never checked my 'credit score' and I don't give a damn what it is. I do what I can to never have to borrow money from any institutional lender.

When you lease real estate, they check your credit score.

When you apply for most jobs, they check your credit score.

The System has it all stacked against you.

crimethink
12th October 2014, 03:11 PM
I'm going to remember that Walmart address idea.

I don't personally care about it's "legality," but keep in mind that is a Federal offense.

A "legal" way of monkeywrenching your credit file is this: get a PO Box, and use the "street address" option the USPS now offers - you put down the literal street address of the Post Office, with your PO Box as "#XXXX" after the street number and name (it looks like an apartment). As for phone number, get a MagicJack or some other voice mail box number and use that. Keep in mind that if you ever use a toll free (800/888/877/866/855) number, "they" see your real phone number regardless of if you have Caller ID blocking, so if you put down a shill phone number but call someone in the Credit Cartel, you'll compromise yourself. Always call banks, credit card companies, credit reporting agencies, and the like using Skype (toll-free numbers are free calls with Skype), or, find out their toll numbers and use those instead. These bastards automatically record, and archive, any number they can see...and will use it to harass you should they so desire.

Hitch
12th October 2014, 03:15 PM
Thanks crimethink, that's some real good advise.

Unfortunately, I can't be a credit fighter like Cebu is, though I'm jealous. I've got to stay in the game and keep my score up. I'd like to start up my own business, but I will likely have to take out a loan to do so. It is what it is.

crimethink
12th October 2014, 05:44 PM
Thanks crimethink, that's some real good advise.

Unfortunately, I can't be a credit fighter like Cebu is, though I'm jealous. I've got to stay in the game and keep my score up. I'd like to start up my own business, but I will likely have to take out a loan to do so. It is what it is.

You don't have to "fight" them, just use measures to control how they contact you. My recommended measures do, however, work great for those being hounded by debt collectors.

BrewTech
12th October 2014, 06:43 PM
If you use a credit card for merchandise and it's defective, you have recourse through the card company and can get your money back.

A debit card you have no recourse at all.

DEBT card, not DEBIT card.

Cebu_4_2
12th October 2014, 07:12 PM
DEBT card, not DEBIT card.

Okay thanks, never noticed this since I now have neither.

Cebu_4_2
12th October 2014, 07:15 PM
I don't personally care about it's "legality," but keep in mind that is a Federal offense.

A "legal" way of monkeywrenching your credit file is this: get a PO Box, and use the "street address" option the USPS now offers - you put down the literal street address of the Post Office, with your PO Box as "#XXXX" after the street number and name (it looks like an apartment).
I live at walmart

As for phone number, get a MagicJack or some other voice mail box number and use that. Keep in mind that if you ever use a toll free (800/888/877/866/855) number, "they" see your real phone number regardless of if you have Caller ID blocking, so if you put down a shill phone number but call someone in the Credit Cartel, you'll compromise yourself. Always call banks, credit card companies, credit reporting agencies, and the like using Skype (toll-free numbers are free calls with Skype), or, find out their toll numbers and use those instead. These bastards automatically record, and archive, any number they can see...and will use it to harass you should they so desire.
I never call them

If I get anything in the mail I don't know I cross out my name and write return to sender.

SO whats crime think now?

crimethink
12th October 2014, 07:45 PM
I live at walmart

I never call them

If I get anything in the mail I don't know I cross out my name and write return to sender.

SO whats crime think now?

I think you're a fool. If someone in the regime wanted to hang you, you gave them the rope.

You have no bank/credit union accounts, no utilities accounts, no contracts? You never call any of them?

Cebu_4_2
13th October 2014, 05:31 AM
You have no bank/credit union accounts, no utilities accounts, no contracts? You never call any of them?

No I don't, nothing in my name not even the house.

PatColo
13th October 2014, 06:54 AM
Hitch, your OP describes a behavior pattern of a
Deadbeat (someone who pays a credit balance in full and on time) (http://www.barrypopik.com/index.php/new_york_city/entry/deadbeat_someone_who_pays_a_credit_balance_in_full _and_on_time)
thus the credit score drop.... :)

Hatha Sunahara
13th October 2014, 08:46 AM
Hitch, your OP describes a behavior pattern of a
Deadbeat (someone who pays a credit balance in full and on time) (http://www.barrypopik.com/index.php/new_york_city/entry/deadbeat_someone_who_pays_a_credit_balance_in_full _and_on_time)

thus the credit score drop.... :)

By that definition, I'm a deadbeat too. I have a credit card that I use only for on-line purchases, and occasionally when I don't have enough cash to buy what I want in a store. I pay the balance every month if there is a balance, but often I get a statement that shows a zero balance because I charged nothing.

As I said, If I am a deadbeat, there is something incredibly wrong with this system. I would trust someone who pays all his bills and never owes anybody anything before I would trust someone who is up to his eyeballs in debt and one paycheck away from bankruptcy. Yet in this system that person would have a better credit rating than me. WOW! It's the system that sucks, not who they consider deadbeats.

Hatha

Ponce
13th October 2014, 08:51 AM
Then how can someone who dosen't buy anything on credit have a high credit score?........where does it comes from?.........and why do I get so many high end credit cards offers?............is it because I am a good looking Cuban? ahhaahaahha........anyway.

V

Santa
13th October 2014, 09:05 AM
Your credit score is determined by the burden of debt you're able to carry. So, if you take a loan to start up a business
and can carry that burden, your score goes up. If you can no longer carry it and relieve the burden, it goes down.

So, when you take a loan, you become a beast of burden for the bank and it's shareholders.
Being gainfully employed with a good credit rating simply means you're willing and able to carry more burden for the bank.

Ponce
13th October 2014, 10:02 AM
Well, the only burden that I will carry for the bank is my money from the teller to my car...........

V

crimethink
13th October 2014, 12:59 PM
No I don't, nothing in my name not even the house.

OK, but I highly recommend against submitting obviously false information. Just give them "real" information that leads to a dead end.

Cebu_4_2
13th October 2014, 01:03 PM
OK, but I highly recommend against submitting obviously false information. Just give them "real" information that leads to a dead end.

I did. I was living at walmart and then moved. No computer or phone so I can't tell them where I moved.

chad
13th October 2014, 01:23 PM
My daughter we just found out about a week ago has a large credit card debt for her circumstances and is going to go bankrupt at my advice and her legal aid agreed.

She has no assets and even her car is one we gave her and its still in my name.

She has nothing they can re posse from her .

The banks still gave her credit cards...................

you just found out you had a daughter a week ago, and she's already taking financial advice from you? ???

Hitch
13th October 2014, 01:30 PM
I did. I was living at walmart and then moved. No computer or phone so I can't tell them where I moved.

If I park my RV at Walmart, does that become my address?

Some of us are nomads. I wonder about this.

PatColo
13th October 2014, 04:10 PM
is it because I am a good looking Cuban?

V

Hey V, speaking of your smoldering good looks,

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/13/13a895c3a1fbd591d5eee6bce4275c2c7dbae7b8de9349a061 0e89e9d2218599.jpg

what's the outcome of that voice surgery you had a year or so ago? You get your old Mario Lanza voice back?

Cebu_4_2
13th October 2014, 04:46 PM

That's what I did!!! When the security guard told me I couldn't stay there is when I had to move. Now I have to figure a way to change my info but I forgot the damn password, tried on the library computer.

Ponce
13th October 2014, 06:10 PM
Hey V, speaking of your smoldering good looks,

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/13/13a895c3a1fbd591d5eee6bce4275c2c7dbae7b8de9349a061 0e89e9d2218599.jpg

what's the outcome of that voice surgery you had a year or so ago? You get your old Mario Lanza voice back?

Sorry to say that I still sound like Micky Mouse, that was the same day that I had my accident and I was in the hospital for five days.........after that Dr Fear refuse to do it because my blood preassure was to high.........squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek squiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiik

V

crimethink
13th October 2014, 07:43 PM

The Babylon System has it set up so that everyone must have a permanent address. Unless you have a written contract with Walmart allowing you to park there on a "permanent" basis, you cannot "legally" use it. However, an RV park can be a permanent address.

I've run into major problems helping clients who are homeless because of this.