PDA

View Full Version : Open-Carry Practitioner Gets Gun Stolen at Gunpoint

Shami-Amourae
13th October 2014, 07:43 AM
http://www.kptv.com/story/26729956/man-openly-carrying-new-gun-in-gresham-robbed-by-armed-man?autostart=true

What would you do in this situation?

I personally only Conceal Carry, so...

GRESHAM, OR (KPTV) -
A man openly carrying his new handgun was robbed on a Gresham street by a man with a gun of his own.

Police were called out to the area of 172nd and Glisan Street at 2:10 a.m. Saturday.

Investigators said the 21-year-old victim bought a handgun earlier in the day and was openly carrying it while talking to his cousin.

They said a man approached them and asked for a cigarette. Talk eventually turned to the victim's new purchase, before the robber pulled his own gun from his waistband and said, "I like your gun, give it to me," according to police.
The victim handed over his gun and the suspect ran away.

The suspect is described as a light-skinned black man, 19 to 23 years old, 6'1" with a skinny build. He had black, wavy hair and was clean cut, except for a small patch of facial hair on his chin. The man was wearing gray sweatpants, a white T-shirt and flip-flops.

The weapon he used in the robbery was described as a black gun, possibly semi-automatic. The stolen gun is a black Walther brand, model P22. It is semi-automatic and .22LR-caliber.

Anybody who may have information on this case is asked to call the Gresham Police tip line at 503-618-2719.

crimethink
13th October 2014, 01:56 PM
Avoid the Groid.

Around Blacks, Never Relax.

That means if a Nigger approaches you "for a cigarette," you remove the retaining strap on the holster and keep your hand on the pistol. :)

midnight rambler
16th October 2014, 01:01 AM
Striking up a conversation by asking for a cig or spare change is a rudimentary yet very effect NLP tactic used by criminals to cause one to lower one's guard. When a stranger walks up to me and wants to initiate a contact I pick up the pace and maintain the initiative remaining as unpredictable as possible.

Glass
16th October 2014, 03:08 AM
I have this experience today, parked at the back of a mall car park. Guy wanders around and approaches asking for fire, pulls out a cigarette. I look at him and say No. Nothing else. I am close to car so quick in and door shut but he was following me and asked again. I didn't have any doubt. Been there a couple times so I trust no one and considering he could walk 30 yards and find a bunch of people smoking outside the mall entrance.....

BrewTech
28th October 2014, 06:41 AM
The wife just had this experience yesterday. Walking back from the store a black kid was walking down the other side of the street, and she noticed him. She looked again and he was gone, but ended up behind her. Followed her into the alley and asked her for a cigarette...which she refused. He got a little distraught, apparently, and tried to drag out the conversation. She was very close to home at this point, made sure she kept her distance, and walked away, keeping her eye on him. Apparently he noticed her physical condition, because he made a comment about it (those of you that have met her know what I'm talking about), and realized she could probably do some serious damage if provoked. That might have been the only thing that saved her. We have since had a talk about thug tactics and situational awareness. All in all I think she did the right things, except putting herself in the position to be approached in the first place. This was in the middle of the day, so these fuckers are clearly getting more desperate, as there was a local series of attacks on women around here recently, but all of them took place at night.

madfranks
28th October 2014, 07:56 AM
The wife just had this experience yesterday. Walking back from the store a black kid was walking down the other side of the street, and she noticed him. She looked again and he was gone, but ended up behind her. Followed her into the alley and asked her for a cigarette...which she refused. He got a little distraught, apparently, and tried to drag out the conversation. She was very close to home at this point, made sure she kept her distance, and walked away, keeping her eye on him. Apparently he noticed her physical condition, because he made a comment about it (those of you that have met her know what I'm talking about), and realized she could probably do some serious damage if provoked. That might have been the only thing that saved her. We have since had a talk about thug tactics and situational awareness. All in all I think she did the right things, except putting herself in the position to be approached in the first place. This was in the middle of the day, so these fuckers are clearly getting more desperate, as there was a local series of attacks on women around here recently, but all of them took place at night.

That's scary. These thugs literally have no moral sense, they have no qualms about hurting or stealing from others.

StreetsOfGold
28th October 2014, 02:51 PM
If you're going to "open carry" it's good to ALSO be a -
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/7b/Quick_Draw_McGraw.jpg

steyr_m
28th October 2014, 03:59 PM
Wow open-carry with a .22? What is he going to shoot? Squirrels?

BrewTech
28th October 2014, 08:01 PM
Wow open-carry with a .22? What is he going to shoot? Squirrels?

If the guy got his pistol taken from him less than 24 hours after he got it, my guess is he wasn't going to be shooting anything.

That being said, .22LR is a pretty deadly round, historically speaking.

Hitch
28th October 2014, 08:28 PM
Brewtech, what about pepper spray for Mrs. Brew? A blast of that into the face, followed by a kick in the groin, would take any one out. A friend of mine's girlfriend came to the aid of an old lady being harassed by several, I think 4, young thug women. The girlfriend fought them all off with pepper spray. It really works.

Glass
28th October 2014, 11:38 PM
yes pepper spray does make you stop and thing... F*&K that stings..

What about a can of bug spray?

Down here you can buy PS, I think you still can but it has always been illegal to carry it. Like a few things down here. Can buy them but not allowed to posses them. Can't say I've seen any for a while but I'm sure you can still get it. Maybe only from bong shops or other places you can buy stuff your not allowed to posses.

EE_
29th October 2014, 03:44 AM

I like the intimidation factor of this one
I think they should paint a black dot on the muzzle to look like a .38/9mm cal bore.
Also think the pepper spray should include the blue dye to identify the perp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjyCtByIjs0

BrewTech
29th October 2014, 07:13 AM
I like the intimidation factor of this one
I think they should paint a black dot on the muzzle to look like a .38/9mm cal bore.
Also think the pepper spray should include the blue dye to identify the perp.

That is cool as hell! I will certainly look into this... even know what color to get her! Thanks for posting this EE_

midnight rambler
29th October 2014, 01:47 PM
Brewtech, what about pepper spray for Mrs. Brew? A blast of that into the face, followed by a kick in the groin, would take any one out. A friend of mine's girlfriend came to the aid of an old lady being harassed by several, I think 4, young thug women. The girlfriend fought them all off with pepper spray. It really works.

For *most* it really works, then there are the exceptions...

Hitch
29th October 2014, 02:06 PM
For *most* it really works, then there are the exceptions...

True, but sprayed in both eyes, anyone is fucked. In academy, they sprayed into one eye which we held open with one hand, while we covered the other eye with the other hand. It was a contest, who was the toughest bastard to stand there while they sprayed, ie who could take that on their eye the longest. We then had to run an obstacle course, to show that you can, in fact, fight through it.

Also, so if we ever sprayed someone we could take the stand and say, honestly, we know what it's like.

I'd reckon a very small percentage of people could and would fight after getting sprayed. It does work, and it sucks. It feels like your eyeball is on fire. literally flames on your eyeball. If you can imagine that, that's what it felt like.

govcheetos
1st November 2014, 02:29 PM
Nig Nog made off wearing flip flops too. This guy has zero street smarts.

Snagged
31st December 2017, 03:32 PM
Saw this video in Youtube. First impression was "wow they have pink colored pepper gun". My husband saw the video too and he said "it looks like a toy". I wanted one but he wants me to have a real gun instead. But I think I am not ready to use a real gun. We argued for a long time. To cut the story short, I won the argument using the "cold treatment strategy" :) So we bought the color pink. When it arrived, I cooked his favorite dish for dinner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8DKa7gvGqk

Jewboo
31st December 2017, 03:40 PM
...I cooked his favorite dish for dinner...

http://gogd.tjs-labs.com/pictures/spam-day-11-01-1940-999-M5.jpg

:rolleyes:

Dogman
31st December 2017, 03:44 PM
From a long turn agenda spammer.

Gots to love it..

You are another reason K left along with maggy.

Joshua01
1st January 2018, 06:13 AM
Concealed means concealed. These bozo's who think they're cool flashing their right to bear arms are the first targets in an attack as they represent a threat to the actual criminal. Fucking idiots!

latemetal1
6th January 2018, 08:02 PM
Open carry means I would get to carry a larger gun, also means I could be robbed for it, I'll stick to concealed, thank you.