PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota Mom Facing Prison and Fine for Treating 15-Year-Old with Cannabis

madfranks
29th October 2014, 07:52 AM
http://theantimedia.org/minnesota-mother-facing-possible-prison/

MINNEAPOLIS, MN – A Minnesota mother is being charged with “child endangerment” for administering cannabis oil to her fifteen-year-old son. When he was twelve, Trey Brown was placed in a medically induced coma after being hit in the head during a baseball game.

He suffered severe internal bleeding and swelling the size of a golf ball. Doctors feared he might never wake up, but when he did, his mother, Angela Brown, says his injuries made him a different person:

“He’s the shell of himself…He’s in so much pain, and that causes depression.”

Angela attempted to heal her son using accepted medical methods. Trey tried over 18 medications and none seemed to help. Angela believed some caused suicidal thoughts. She recalls:

“He told me, ‘Mom, I don’t want to live, I can’t do this anymore’…It’s not fair, it’s not fair. I have been so angry.”

With daily migraines, muscle spasms, and uncontrollable outbursts, the family was desperate.

Trey described the pain:

“[It feels] like my brain is about to blow up, ’cause there is so much pressure’”

After researching medical marijuana, the family drove to Colorado to purchase cannabis oil, which is not legal in Minnesota. Almost immediately, Trey began feeling better and his pain was curbed.

“Within an hour of him taking it, we could tell a difference,” said Angela. He began doing better in school, but his teachers eventually asked Angela why.

“I said ‘Well, I gave him an oil that we’d gotten from Colorado…It’s derived from a marijuana plant.’ And then you could feel the tension in the room.”

Shortly after, police confiscated the cannabis oil and Trey’s condition worsened:

“It stopped the pain and stopped the muscle spasms…It was helping me go to school until it then got taken away and then school was really hard again.”

Angela was charged with child endangerment and “requiring child protection.” She faces a $6,000 fine and up to two years in prison while her son continues to suffer without the medication he needs.

Of the charges, Angela told CBS:

“It’s asinine…I didn’t hurt my son; I was trying to prevent him from being hurt.”

Minnesota has passed a law allowing some forms of medical marijuana, making it the 22nd state to do so. However, the law does not go into effect until next summer, and even then, the strain Trey uses may be prohibited. The county prosecutor, law enforcement and school district have all declined to comment on the case, saying it is ongoing. Local CBS news in Minnesota reported that

“Lac Qui Parle County Attorney Richard Stulz said he had no comment on the charges. He said the paperwork speaks for itself.”

The authorities’ silence demonstrates their irrationality regarding the conversation on marijuana prohibition. While governments pretend to care about public health and well-being with their bans on cannabis, Trey’s case shows the opposite: the state would rather let a child suffer in pain and struggle in school than allow a violation of words written on paper.

As Angela said,

“The prosecutor’s version of this is that a good mom allows her child to be in pain, to self-harm, and attempt to take his life…I guess that’s a good mom in his eyes.”

The family is considering moving to Colorado so Trey can resume treatment.

old steel
29th October 2014, 09:03 AM
Loose lips sink ships.

The State knows what's best not the parent, obviously.

On a personal note i take hemp oil on a regular basis even though i don't have any major ailments and i give it credit for making me the epitome of health.

ShortJohnSilver
29th October 2014, 09:48 AM
They should move to Colorado. And tell the other state govt to f*** off.

woodman
29th October 2014, 10:07 AM
The criminals are running the schools and the government

Ares
29th October 2014, 10:12 AM
I would of just said after taking xxx drugs that were prescribed to him he's doing much better. Never tell the truth to the state as this is what will happen to you.

old steel
29th October 2014, 10:19 AM
1984 right in your face, Orwell was so right.

Twisted Titan
29th October 2014, 11:10 AM
Why is he improving Ms Miller?

Prayers and medication Doctor.

Even Jesus said let the right hand know not what the left hand is doing.

old steel
29th October 2014, 11:21 AM
The human body contains Cannabinoid/Thc receptors, guess whoever/whatever designed us did so with that in mind.

madfranks
29th October 2014, 12:20 PM
The human body contains Cannabinoid/Thc receptors, guess whoever/whatever designed us did so with that in mind.

Yeah, but the government purports to know everything, so if they say it has no known medicinal value, their decree makes it so (in their minds).

Twisted Titan
29th October 2014, 12:42 PM
Yeah, but the government purports to know everything, so if they say it has no known medicinal value, their decree makes it so (in their minds).

Yep the same gubbermint that was signing this tune in 1942

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p52Epx6lJes&feature=youtube_gdata_player

crimethink
29th October 2014, 12:42 PM
If anyone needs proof anti-human devils run this regime, just consider "they" list marijuana as a "Schedule I Drug": - "no known medical use."

I'm convinced that these SOBs get off on inflicting and watching people experience pain. "They" just raised Vicodin to a "Schedule II Drug," as well.

expat4ever
29th October 2014, 01:01 PM

Yeah, thats why they hold the patent on medical MJ too.

Serpo
29th October 2014, 01:16 PM
It is this sort of blatant BS from governments that wake up a lot of people FAST.

Cebu_4_2
29th October 2014, 01:38 PM

Linky?

Glass
29th October 2014, 04:40 PM
there was a woman who called into a radio talk back when they were discussing legalising medical maj. The kid was like the OP. I think they took her kid. Threatened to. Not sure what the situation is now but I'm pretty sure child protection showed up.

crimethink
29th October 2014, 05:11 PM

They do not. There is an obscure patent on one use as a neuroprotectant, focusing on non-psychoactive components - that is, not THC.

The relevant abstract quotation:

The cannabinoids are found to have particular application as neuroprotectants, for example in limiting neurological damage following ischemic insults, such as stroke and trauma, or in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and HIV dementia. Nonpsychoactive cannabinoids, such as cannabidoil, are particularly advantageous to use because they avoid toxicity that is encountered with psychoactive cannabinoids at high doses useful in the method of the present invention. A particular disclosed class of cannabinoids useful as neuroprotective antioxidants is formula (I) wherein the R group is independently selected from the group consisting of H, CH3, and COCH3.

https://www.google.com/patents/US6630507

steel_ag
29th October 2014, 06:12 PM
don't even look at my property

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hu-OBuHrzCA