PDA

View Full Version : Earth has water older than the Sun

singular_me
31st October 2014, 01:41 PM
probing the nature of H2O further will reshuffle sciences as we know it.

-----------
ALSO (website worth your time)
electric universe
October 19, 2014
Comet water source from solar wind and electromagnetic activity
http://www.everythingselectric.com/comet-water-source/

--------------------------
Not all water in the Solar System today could have formed here, researchers say.
26 September 2014

By reconstructing conditions in the disk of gas and dust in which the Solar System formed, scientists have concluded that the Earth and other planets must have inherited much of their water from the cloud of gas from which the Sun was born 4.6 billion years ago, instead of forming later. The authors say that such interstellar water would also be included in the formation of most other stellar systems, and perhaps of other Earth-like planets...........

But the interstellar clouds where Sun-like stars are currently forming — and thus, presumably, the material from which the Sun formed — have a higher proportion of heavy water compared to the current Solar System. This is because these clouds are subject to the continuous bombardment of cosmic rays, which tend to favour the inclusion of deuterium. Therefore, the authors concluded, the young Sun’s radiation was insufficient to account for the amount of heavy water seen in the Solar System today, and some must have existed before. They estimate that somewhere between 30% and 50% of the water in Earth’s oceans must be older than the Sun........

“If the disk can’t do it, that means we must have inherited some level of these very deuterium-enriched interstellar ices from the birth environment of the Sun,” says Cleeves. The study was published in Science on 25 September1.........

Ewine van Dishoeck, an astrochemist at the Leiden Observatory in the Netherlands, says that the study’s conclusions are based on good arguments but are still only theoretical. But confirmation could come next year, she adds, when the Atacama Large Millimeter Array, a radio telescope in Chile’s Atacama Desert, begins to study the chemical processes underlying the proportion of heavy water in protoplanetary disks.

http://www.nature.com/news/earth-has-water-older-than-the-sun-1.16011

mick silver
31st October 2014, 02:06 PM
of, pertaining to, or consisting in theory (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/theory); not practical theoretical

Spectrism
31st October 2014, 03:37 PM
A little bit of knowledge or just a slice of a view of the partial reality, and all sorts of dumbass conclusions are reached. I think I'll wait for the correct answer.

singular_me
31st October 2014, 04:08 PM
there is no absolute answer as all discoveries are temporary in time... but I do like to read articles like that and which show how much actually all these PhDs claim to know, and see them scratch their heads and dismiss data because the latter isnt considered academic.

besides which of electromagnetism ruling defining all other theories, no theory can be taken for granted indefinitely - and thats a theory in itself :)

Ponce
31st October 2014, 04:10 PM
Well, I read last night that someone (maybe Russia?) went down about four miles into the ice and found a lake or clear water that was around 3 billions years, I don't know how they were able to prove it but don't ask me, I only work here.

V

Spectrism
1st November 2014, 03:02 AM
3 billion years sounds more impressive than 20,000.

singular_me
1st November 2014, 07:00 AM
when do you think the water molecule was created?

quatrillions of billions of zeroes would not suffice, so lets use an ancient symbol accepted by the academia

http://www.ancient-symbols.com/images/symbol-directory/infinity.jpg

SWRichmond
1st November 2014, 07:57 AM
Either a) your mind is open to new learning, even just to new possibilities and questions, or b) it is closed by a rigid and dogmatic belief system which requires the suspension of disbelief, the deliberate nullification of intellect and intellectual curiosity, which renders you an ignorant slave BY CHOICE.