PDA

View Full Version : Road Rage Cop Pulls Gun On Former Senator For Honking At Him ... V

Ponce
2nd November 2014, 12:44 PM
Not everyone can be a X state senator, only dead meat........welcome to the new America.
==============================================

World NewsRace and EthnicityPoliceActivismDissenting Opinion MagazinePrivacy PolicyYou are here: Home » Cover-Up Road Rage Cop Pulls Gun On Former Senator For Honking At Him
October 30, 2014 8:08 pm·

An Arizona police officer pulled a gun on the wrong person in a case of road rage. A former Arizona state senator has come forward, stating that a police officer threatened to kill him for doing nothing more than honking at an unmarked van that was about to cause a traffic accident.

Armando Ruiz explained to local KPNX that while he was driving to church for a Monday evening event, with a fellow-churchgoer, Monica Rivera, police officer Jeremy Sweet, 51, cut him off in traffic. Ruiz, naturally, honked at the unmarked van.

But after honking and swerving to avoid an accident with the reckless police officer, Ruiz, who spent nine years in the state House and one year in the Senate, found himself looking down the barrel of a gun.

Sweet responded to the honk by slowing to 10 mph, allowing Ruiz to pass. Then he tried to “ram” the former senator.

When he failed to ram Ruiz off the road, Officer Sweet pulled up along side of the vehicle, pointing a handgun at them through the window.

“As I turned around and I looked at him, I just saw that gun with his arm sticking right at us,” Ruiz said.

“I looked at the gun, I looked at the edge, the barrel of it. And in my mind, I said, ‘This is an officer’s weapon,’” he continued.

“Then I looked up his arm and I saw the city of Phoenix police patch. And I said, ‘This is a police officer.’ And I could see the glare of his badge.”

“He was just looking for any flinch on my part, any flinch on Monica’s part, any reason to shoot us,” he added.

Rivera said that the officer had “put his finger on the trigger,” and looked intent on firing.

“That’s why I started crying,” Monica said.

“I just sat there and put my hands up — and just angry, he just had that angry look on his face,” Ruiz said, explaining that the officer had failed to even identify himself as a cop for two full minutes.

Sweet then yelled at them “[b]e careful who you honk at the next time,” before driving off.

Ruiz eventually found out who the officer was by calling 911 and reporting the license plate number. After the call was made, Officer Sweet found himself in cuffs Tuesday. He is now being held on one count of aggravated assault.

crimethink
2nd November 2014, 03:19 PM
One down, 300,000 (or more) to go.

If the victim didn't have major connections, he'd likely have been locked up for pointing the gun at the pig instead.