PDA

View Full Version : Pay Pal froud.........danger............. V

Ponce
4th November 2014, 06:41 PM
A company by the name of "American Clearing House" charge me $20.00 with Pay Pal and I don't even know who they are........wake up.

V

Cebu_4_2
4th November 2014, 07:22 PM
A company by the name of "American Clearing House" charge me $20.00 with Pay Pal and I don't even know who they are........wake up.

V

C'mon Ponce, Paypal really cleaned up their bullshit 10 years ago. Your problem exists because of your own actions on this one. Sensationalizing falsities does not help anyone.

Ponce
4th November 2014, 08:46 PM
OK, I am dreaming.......in a week will find out........oh! and the email adress attached to my email is real...maybe in your world but not in my laptop.

V

gunDriller
5th November 2014, 05:40 AM
I have had good luck with Paypal

However, I found out through a neighbor that not everyone has good luck with Paypal.

There are ways to use it to scam people.

I guess one of the things scammers need is your "Paypal email" (or emails).

Can someone please provide DETAILS about what happened (bad), or how to protect oneself ?

palani
5th November 2014, 06:08 AM
Can someone please provide DETAILS about what happened (bad), or how to protect oneself ?

Condoms are necessary for safe sex.

Corporations are necessary for safe commerce.

If you don't have one you might think about getting one.

crimethink
5th November 2014, 01:14 PM

V

PayPal cannot be charged by an outside vendor unless you established a payment authorization with them.

Login in to your PayPal account, go to settings (should be a little "gear"), scroll down to Payment Settings, select Preapproved payments under that, and see if there are any "Active" ones in the list. If so, cancel them by selecting the Merchant, and then select Cancel.

mick silver
5th November 2014, 04:38 PM
if I have to pay then they are not my pal ... ha ha ha

osoab
5th November 2014, 05:55 PM
is froud Puerto Rican for fraud?

Silver Rocket Bitches!
5th November 2014, 07:14 PM
Usually people who get scammed on paypal are people who use the same password for multiple website accounts. Make sure your password is unique for every account.

Norweger
5th November 2014, 09:26 PM
Scamming with paypal is easy. Bought an item online with no tracking number? Open a dispute once you receive your item and you will get your money back. it usually takes a few days to get the money back. They do this to give the impression that somebody is evaluating the situation, but it's all automatic.

Bought several items from the same seller and got him to combine shipping? Open a dispute when you get the package and claim that the most expensive item was missing form the package.. this will give you a refund for the item plus shipping.

Buy a random item on ebay and open a dispute that allows you to return whatever you bought.. instead of returning what you bought, return a bag of rocks or some old catalogs. Paypal will refund automatically once the package shows up as delivered to the seller.. the only thing they base it on is the USPS tracking. They don't care if the weight is totally off or that you have papers to prove it to be a scam.

Paypal is not secure.

Ponce however has a subscription of some sort.

Ponce
5th November 2014, 09:38 PM
I bought something one time (last year) and it was defective and did sent it back.....it cost me $23.00. Pay Pal refunded mey $65.00 for the product but I had to eat she UPS cost.......even sinse them I only use Pay Pal to donate but not to buy.

V

Norweger
5th November 2014, 09:47 PM
I bought something one time (last year) and it was defective and did sent it back.....it cost me $23.00. Pay Pal refunded mey $65.00 for the product but I had to eat she UPS cost.......even sinse them I only use Pay Pal to donate but not to buy.

V

I think they changed that so that sellers have to pay for return shipping. They also changed the time-frame in which an item has to be returned from 45 to 180 days. Ha-ha. It's so insane.

gunDriller
6th November 2014, 05:52 AM
Scamming with paypal is easy. Bought an item online with no tracking number? Open a dispute once you receive your item and you will get your money back. it usually takes a few days to get the money back. They do this to give the impression that somebody is evaluating the situation, but it's all automatic.

Bought several items from the same seller and got him to combine shipping? Open a dispute when you get the package and claim that the most expensive item was missing form the package.. this will give you a refund for the item plus shipping.

Buy a random item on ebay and open a dispute that allows you to return whatever you bought.. instead of returning what you bought, return a bag of rocks or some old catalogs. Paypal will refund automatically once the package shows up as delivered to the seller.. the only thing they base it on is the USPS tracking. They don't care if the weight is totally off or that you have papers to prove it to be a scam.

Paypal is not secure.

Ponce however has a subscription of some sort.

Thanks for the detail !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have people who say they are trying to buy things from me, and want my Paypal.

So far no duds ... I'm lucky.

Neighbors sold collectibles on eBay and said it got so bad around 2008 that they just plain quit.

singular_me
6th November 2014, 06:04 AM
paypal is GE bank.

V

Ponce
6th November 2014, 09:29 AM
The only subscription that I have is "Popular Science" for which I pay $11.00 per year......Just to have Popular Mechanic but they tried to steal from me, no more............anything else for free in the internet.......I did have to use Pay Pal to buy two chains of LED lights from China with no problems.

V

crimethink
6th November 2014, 04:37 PM
paypal is GE bank.

PayPal is eBay. PayPal Credit is issued by Synchrony Bank, which is the new name for spun-off GE Capital Retail Bank.

Cebu_4_2
6th November 2014, 04:54 PM
Reading the back of my paypal card in my pocket:

This card is issued by Bancorp Bank
pursuant to license by MasterCard International.
It's use is subject to The Debt Card Agreement
as well as any other agreements with PayPal.

Ponce
6th November 2014, 07:43 PM
Pay Pal in your pocket? I didn't know that they had one......I only use it on line after giving my on line name and password......neither do I have one of those Debit cards.

V

crimethink
6th November 2014, 09:37 PM
Reading the back of my paypal card in my pocket:

This card is issued by Bancorp Bank
pursuant to license by MasterCard International.
It's use is subject to The Debt Card Agreement
as well as any other agreements with PayPal.

The Bancorp Bank issues the PayPal Reloadable Debit Card and Business Debit Card, not the credit "products." Synchrony/GE Capital issues those.

PayPal the corporation is an eBay subsidiary.

crimethink
6th November 2014, 09:38 PM
Pay Pal in your pocket? I didn't know that they had one......I only use it on line after giving my on line name and password......neither do I have one of those Debit cards.

V

They have a line of credit called PayPal Smart Connect, and the PayPal Extras MasterCard, in addition to at least two debit cards.