PDA

View Full Version : OT - Bacon wrapped eggs

General of Darkness
4th November 2014, 07:25 PM
Since I've quit drinking I've also started a paleo diet. Weill bacon and eggs are a healthy breakfast.

Think I'll make this tomorrow morning.

Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOurjE9s3GA

madfranks
4th November 2014, 07:41 PM
Read "the primal blueprint" by Mark Sisson. I'm not sure if primal is the same as paleo, but basically you stop burning sugar/carbs for fuel and become a fat burner, by eating more fats and less sugars/carbs. It's worked for me great.

BrewTech
4th November 2014, 07:43 PM
Read "the primal blueprint" by Mark Sisson. I'm not sure if primal is the same as paleo, but basically you stop burning sugar/carbs for fuel and become a fat burner, by eating more fats and less sugars/carbs. It's worked for me great.

I know a certain someone that it's working TOO well on... need to force feed her a damn pizza cuz her ass is disappearing... LOL

Hitch
4th November 2014, 07:44 PM
General, that looks delicious. I usually don't spend that much time making breakfast in the morning, but will try making these on a lazy Sunday. Let us know how they turn out. I actually thought of canned bacon while watching this, yoders, which is precooked. Might save some time using canned bacon to make these.

BrewTech
4th November 2014, 07:45 PM
General, that looks delicious. I usually don't spend that much time making breakfast in the morning, but will try making these on a lazy Sunday. Let us know how they turn out. I actually thought of canned bacon while watching this, yoders, which is precooked. Might save some time using canned bacon to make these.That is a good idea, because frying bacon naked is way overrated.

Cebu_4_2
4th November 2014, 08:16 PM
How in the fuck is this OT? This is the meaning of man as I know it.

BrewTech
4th November 2014, 08:22 PM
How in the fuck is this OT? This is the meaning of man as I know it.

I was gonna ask that same question...then I got to thinking about how much I love bacon and forgot all about it...

madfranks
5th November 2014, 06:18 AM
General, that looks delicious. I usually don't spend that much time making breakfast in the morning, but will try making these on a lazy Sunday. Let us know how they turn out. I actually thought of canned bacon while watching this, yoders, which is precooked. Might save some time using canned bacon to make these.

I've had Yoders canned bacon before, and it is surprisingly delicious. My wife didn't want to try it because she thought it would be gross, but she liked it too.

SWRichmond
5th November 2014, 07:23 AM
Bacon and eggs is awesome. It has the side benefit of staying with me for hours and hours. Sometimes I will eat this at around 1030 and then not even feel hungry again until dinner.

If I eat a bowl of miniwheats instead I am hungry again in about an hour. The difference is shocking.

old steel
5th November 2014, 11:15 AM

Do you work out to help keep in shape too mf?

General of Darkness
5th November 2014, 12:55 PM
Just made this. One word, AWESOME.

StreetsOfGold
5th November 2014, 12:59 PM
A little butter should be applied before putting the bacon in to help ease the final tasty treat out of the tray

crimethink
5th November 2014, 01:41 PM
The Faster Death Administration demands you stop trying to commit suicide by healthy food immediately!

Here, have some Monsanto GMO Corn Grits sweetened with Splenda™. It's good for quarterly dividends, uh, I mean your heart.

madfranks
5th November 2014, 01:44 PM
Do you work out to help keep in shape too mf?

Yes, but I've always worked out. It was only after I converted my body from being a sugar-burner to a fat-burner that I started losing weight though.

madfranks
5th November 2014, 01:46 PM
http://www.lewrockwell.com/2014/11/joseph-mercola/do-you-want-to-lose-weight-fast/

To End Sugar Cravings, Your Body Needs to Burn Fat as Its Primary Fuel

As JJ notes, whether the sugar comes in the form of a muffin, a fruit juice-sweetened yogurt, or a smoothie, it’s all the same thing to your body. “Food is information,” she says. And she’s right.

Once you break free from your body’s constant need for yet another sugar fix (remember, sugar is more addictive than cocaine!), you’ll experience great levels of newfound energy and clarity of mind. But in order to get there, you need to retrain your body to burn fat as its primary form of fuel instead of sugar.

It’s quite rare to find someone who’s not burning sugar as their primary fuel these days. To check yourself, simply observe how frequently you feel hungry. If you’re hungry every two hours or so, you’re burning sugar. You’re craving food because sugar is fast burning, and your hunger is an indication that your body wants to be refueled. Once you’re burning fat as your primary fuel, you can easily go five to six hours or longer without feeling hungry, as fat is a far slower-burning fuel. Sugar cravings are also virtually eliminated once you’re burning fat rather than sugar.

Shami-Amourae
5th November 2014, 03:16 PM
Just don't get Bacon Bowl...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj2ZENpSNwg
:rolleyes:

Shami-Amourae
5th November 2014, 03:19 PM
Since I've quit drinking I've also started a paleo diet.

Consider the Weston A. Price diet. It's superior to the Paleo since the Paleo-diet eliminates grains and dairy. The Weston A. Price diet teaches you how to properly treat grains so they become safe/healthy, and how to get safe dairy too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggr1KkNOBGk

Cebu_4_2
5th November 2014, 03:40 PM
just don't get bacon bowl...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj2zenpsnwg
:rolleyes:

lmfao!!!

mick silver
5th November 2014, 04:40 PM
3 eggs half a pound of bacon and some gravy please

7th trump
5th November 2014, 05:06 PM
A little butter should be applied before putting the bacon in to help ease the final tasty treat out of the tray

Hmmmm.........a Christian advocating an animal that's not clean to eat.
I stopped eating pork about 10 years ago....my health is top notch. And yes, I contribute my health to obeying the health laws set forth by the Creator.

General of Darkness
5th November 2014, 05:37 PM
I stopped eating pork about 10 years ago....my health is top notch. And yes, I contribute my health to obeying the health laws set forth by the Creator.

But unlike you he's not a Christian ZIONIST. ;)

Hitch
5th November 2014, 06:52 PM
Just made this. One word, AWESOME.

Thanks for following up on this, I'm going to have to try this for sure. You know, you could try this recipe replacing the eggs with more bacon. Then you'd have bacon wrapped bacon. I bet that would be awesome as well.

7th trump
5th November 2014, 07:21 PM
But unlike you he's not a Christian ZIONIST. ;)

Hey Cunt....just what makes you think I'm a Zionist?
Was it because you read someone else called me that?

Or is it because in the Bible God says the land between the Euphrates and the Nile...all the way to the sea is reserved for His chosen?
I mean you really don't have a case against me...or do you claim completely ignorance of the subject matter!
make your case or stfu.

General of Darkness
5th November 2014, 07:26 PM
Hey MR. Cunt....just what makes you think I'm a Zionist?
Was it because you read someone else called me that?

Or is it because in the Bible God says the land between the Euphrates and the Nile...all the way to the sea is reserved for His chosen?
I mean you really don't have a case against me...or do you claim completely ignorance of the subject matter!
make your case or stfu.

Fixed it for ya, and you seem to always side against the muzzies, so your very much a zionist in my book.

Hitch
5th November 2014, 07:27 PM
Hey Cunt.

Calling someone this nasty vulgar term is not a very Christian thing to do. For the record.

General of Darkness
5th November 2014, 07:35 PM
Calling someone this nasty vulgar term is not a very Christian thing to do. For the record.

Yeah but it doesn't bother me.

Hitch
5th November 2014, 07:37 PM
Yeah but it doesn't bother me.

Doesn't bother me either, but we eat bacon. I think it may bother some posters who don't eat bacon, and we wouldn't want to offend them.

7th trump
5th November 2014, 08:01 PM
Doesn't bother me either, but we eat bacon. I think it may bother some posters who don't eat bacon, and we wouldn't want to offend them.

Who's offended? Certainly not myself.
I could careless if you want to eat filth. After all its your health and longevity...or lack thereof....not mine.

I'll tell you a story my grand father told me when I was very young.
When doctors were doctors...way back in yesteryear...they would tell their patients to stop eating pork to allow the body to rid the toxins coming from the pork from your body.
Pork doesn't sweat...all the toxins from eating garbage is stored in the piggy's fat. You eat pork and the toxins go into your body where it wreaks havoc with your body.
Eat pork a lot? Have some catfish...another garbage eater. How about shell fish? Would you eat a cockroach? Have a basket full of sea cockroaches (shrimp)...they are the earths cleaners. Go ahead and eat a bunch of that crap and you'll eventually have health problems...some of the health issues over time are not reversible. Like taking 15 pills each day when you hit 50 years old?........Then continue to eat unclean animals.
Gorge yourselves for all I care with these unclean animals.
Your body has a fine chemical balance and these toxins interfere with that balance. Damage your body long enough and some body functions will not function properly...or cease to function.

Make fun of your Creator all you want.....Hes just telling you how to be healthy.
As far as the general goes...you cant fix stupid with ignorance or lack of understanding.

General of Darkness
5th November 2014, 08:02 PM

http://ed_wp-content_v2.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/52369-Will-Ferrell-gif-By-the-Beard-RAVa.gif

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_llo942sm8S1qkxz1oo1_500.gif

7th trump
5th November 2014, 08:05 PM
Fixed it for ya, and you seem to always side against the muzzies, so your very much a zionist in my book.
Your reasoning is childish and pathetic.
Apparently you haven't done any real investigation of the muslim faith. I hate the muslims just as much as the fake satanic zionist chosen ones.

Hitch
5th November 2014, 08:10 PM
I'll tell you a story my grand father told me when I was very young..

My grandfather handed me the family drink, an old fashion, when I was 11 years old and told me not to tell my father.

He also told me real men eat bacon.

He also made the best chili you could imagine. I believe there was pork in that chili, but I don't want to offend anyone by saying so.

zap
5th November 2014, 08:19 PM
I love eggs, I live on eggs, if only I had somebody to cook my eggs, I would be a happy girl ! bacon without nitrates is good !

I love eggs from my head down to my legs!

mick silver
6th November 2014, 02:20 PM
zap I bet you like your eggs over easy , I can fried some that will make your mouth hurt they are so good

woodman
6th November 2014, 06:36 PM
3 eggs half a pound of bacon and some gravy please

I eat this for breakfast about 3 or 4 times a week. I like to cook the bacon lightly so it still has most of the fat on it. Yum. Soak the dripping bacon in the egg yolk. Yeah! Pork rules.

woodman
6th November 2014, 06:43 PM
Who's offended? Certainly not myself.
I could careless if you want to eat filth. After all its your health and longevity...or lack thereof....not mine.

I'll tell you a story my grand father told me when I was very young.
When doctors were doctors...way back in yesteryear...they would tell their patients to stop eating pork to allow the body to rid the toxins coming from the pork from your body.
Pork doesn't sweat...all the toxins from eating garbage is stored in the piggy's fat. You eat pork and the toxins go into your body

Bullshit. Fish don't sweat and I'll bet you wouldn't turn down a cod dinner. Plants don't sweat either. Simpleton.

General of Darkness
8th November 2014, 07:47 AM
I found an easier way to do this and tried it last night. In stead of cooking the bacon and then placing it in the pan, take a piece of raw bacon and just cut a 1/4 of the bacon off. Stretch the bacon a little and place it into the pan and then put the 1/4 piece at the bottom and do the same thing as the initial video just maybe bake it for about 17 minutes or how you like your bacon. Came out perfect and took about 5 minutes of prep time.

monty
8th November 2014, 11:22 AM
Who's offended? Certainly not myself. I could careless if you want to eat filth. After all its your health and longevity...or lack thereof....not mine. I'll tell you a story my grand father told me when I was very young. When doctors were doctors...way back in yesteryear...they would tell their patients to stop eating pork to allow the body to rid the toxins coming from the pork from your body. Pork doesn't sweat...all the toxins from eating garbage is stored in the piggy's fat. You eat pork and the toxins go into your body where it wreaks havoc with your body. Eat pork a lot? Have some catfish...another garbage eater. How about shell fish? Would you eat a cockroach? Have a basket full of sea cockroaches (shrimp)...they are the earths cleaners. Go ahead and eat a bunch of that crap and you'll eventually have health problems...some of the health issues over time are not reversible. Like taking 15 pills each day when you hit 50 years old?........Then continue to eat unclean animals. Gorge yourselves for all I care with these unclean animals. Your body has a fine chemical balance and these toxins interfere with that balance. Damage your body long enough and some body functions will not function properly...or cease to function. Make fun of your Creator all you want.....Hes just telling you how to be healthy. As far as the general goes...you cant fix stupid with ignorance or lack of understanding.

Cows and sheep don't sweat either.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Tumbleweed
8th November 2014, 11:47 AM
I've never seen a chicken or a turkey sweat either.

StreetsOfGold
8th November 2014, 12:02 PM

At 55 my health is in top notch as well

1 Timothy 4:4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:

7th trump
8th November 2014, 12:03 PM
Cows and sheep don't sweat either.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

But cattle and sheep are split hoved that chew the cudd.
Best I can explain to you if you have ears to hear with is that the second stomach acts much like wine making where the process of alcohol sterilizes the fruit juice.
I do not know the process of chewing cudd but theres a logical reason behind split hoved and chewing cudd.
Rabbits eat grass but don't chew the cudd....and are considered unclean.
Heres a freaken brilliant idea...why don't you personally take it up with your Creator?
Or are you just looking for a pissing match where you want to just bitch and complain and make light of?

7th trump
8th November 2014, 12:14 PM
At 55 my health is in top notch as well

1 Timothy 4:4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:

The new testament doesn't void the old testament.
If that was the case then Christ would have said there isn't any one commandment that over rides the other. Christ specifically states many times to follow the commandments...and Christ didn't show up until the second testament.
Just who are you trying to fool here?

Secondly Timothy 4:4 isn't talking about eating clean animals.

Warnings against False Teachers

1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth. 4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:
5 For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

Theres a select few animals to be received. Knowing what animals can be eaten is knowing the truth.
Your attempt at rewitting the Bible to fit your agenda is a serious offense.

Heres a question you may understand, simply put....is eating rotton meat clean when received with thanks giving?
Will rotton meat not harm you if you gives thanks? Of course not....

You can eat it, but I'm no fool!
I'll obey the health laws and have longevity....you can eat what ever you like.
Its not serious offense to eat unclean meats....you wont go to hell for it!

Basically God is saying if you want to eat shit don't breath in Gods face and don't complain to Him about your health.

Libertytree
8th November 2014, 12:20 PM
Holy canoli's! Can't yaw'll just let a man enjoy his damn bacon and eggs without having a pissin' match?!

gunDriller
8th November 2014, 12:34 PM
Holy canoli's! Can't yaw'll just let a man enjoy his damn bacon and eggs without having a pissin' match?!

After eating my own breakfast, I went to check on the special breakfast I made for the rats in my garage.

No poison; using a Have-a-Heart.

Darn rodents were doing the rodent equivalent of Smash-and-Grab. Eating and running.

I tried mini-corn-cobs, from late season harvest. Bingo ! They pick through the silk and the cobs and kernels ... and don't notice the door switch till it's too late.

This morning's rat must have really liked something. When I let him go a few miles away, he was hopping like a rabbit, a little 6 inch long rat jumping a foot in the air.

expat4ever
8th November 2014, 01:33 PM
I get confused about Leviticus and genesis 1-29.. Sounds like one is supposed to be vegetarian and the other is a meat eater albeit limited.

StreetsOfGold
8th November 2014, 01:37 PM
Secondly Timothy 4:4 isn't talking about eating clean animals.

The verse says nothing whatsoever about ONLY "clean" animals (that's your own private interpretation)
Every MEANS what is says! EVERY! (no exceptions)

It's called the BETTER Testament for more than just one reason and being able NOW to eat pork is one of them.
Hebrews 7:22 By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament.

Orthodox Jews and Muslims are NOT Bible believers so I expect them DENY what God said.

Acts 10:15 And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, (NT) that call not thou common.

JohnQPublic
8th November 2014, 07:09 PM
One of the things I am hooked on (usually at lunch) is poached eggs on toast (usually dark rye). Poach the eggs for 3 minutes. A little salt and pepper (or less salt and sprinle a little Tony Chacere's Creole), and it is awesome.

Hitch
8th November 2014, 07:20 PM
One of the things I am hooked on (usually at lunch) is poached eggs on toast (usually dark rye). Poach the eggs for 3 minutes. A little salt and pepper (or less salt and sprinle a little Tony Chacere's Creole), and it is awesome.

Tony Chacere's is my secret with eggs. Scrambled, or what not. I am a terrible cook, but I can cook up a breakfast, sausage bacon and eggs, and I always get complimented when I cook eggs.