PDA

View Full Version : BT..thoughts on some brew related stuff.

Libertytree
6th November 2014, 04:47 PM
I was looking for this particular info and ran across this, the methodology seems screwy but IDK. Maybe you have a better source? It seems a little low to me offhand.

Boulder, CO • November 12, 2013—The American Homebrewers Association (AHA)—the not-for-profit trade association serving as a resource and community for homebrewers—released results of a first-ever nationwide homebrewer survey (http://www.brewersassociation.org/pages/media/press-releases/show?title=aha-infographic) today, a break-down of demographics, brewing habits and shopping behaviors of American homebrewers.
According to the survey, there are an estimated 1.2 million homebrewers in the United States, two-thirds of whom began brewing in 2005 or later.
“The homebrewing community is in every corner of the country and highly engaged in this hobby,” said Gary Glass, director, American Homebrewers Association. “From the amount of money spent on supplies to the sheer number of homebrewers, it’s clear this is a growing trend and people are incredibly interested in learning about and making their own brews at home.”

And this article as well. There are reasons for my desire of these nature. Thanks

http://beergraphs.com/bg/245-are-homebrewers-driving-the-current-craft-beer-exp/

Glass
6th November 2014, 05:12 PM
LT. The world is your market.

I think the number is low but maybe I'm not surprised. People think lots of different swill is beer. They don't know.

But the home brew movement is exploding world wide. Australia the home brew shops are going ballastic. My LHBS moved 2 month ago. 3rd move to larger premises. In the Eastern States it is also going off. NZ.

I started because everone around me was talking about it. And more people are starting or returning. Always someone at the LHBS buying their setups.

BT, how many people when to the Beer Festival? I know guys who flew from down this way to go and see it all.

The SJPOOR challenge finished their national rounds and are now doing the international rounds. I think they had a couple hundred people sign up for that.

BrewTubers is a group that is growing. Check out all the Home Brew Wednesday videos on YT.

Local brew clubs that have public brew days.