PDA

View Full Version : Latest Ebola fear: Safety of lab equipment

crimethink
6th November 2014, 05:32 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/11/06/hospital-laboratories-ebola-equipment/18546709/

Ponce
6th November 2014, 07:40 PM
Many factories in China are going full speed ahead making the yellow cover all, do they already have an order for them? are they getting ready for the future? do they know something that we don't know.......I got mine two years ago for $23.00, I wonder how much they sell for now. Almost forgot, mine is American made.

V

midnight rambler
6th November 2014, 07:43 PM
Are they trying to tell us this is some badass virus that can't be killed with the usual procedures?

crimethink
6th November 2014, 09:48 PM
Are they trying to tell us this is some badass virus that can't be killed with the usual procedures?

Indeed. Ebola isn't a Prion disease. Is this just profiteering and CYA, or is there a lot more to what's going on than told?

Serpo
6th November 2014, 10:44 PM
Fearing infections, some decline to have their technicians perform tuning and maintenance the expensive devices often require. Others advise labs to quarantine the equipment after use on Ebola patients or even destroy it – a policy that one company's own CEO calls "the dumbest" approach imaginable.

hahaha