PDA

View Full Version : New York Deputy Slaps Citizen for Not Allowing him to Search Car

General of Darkness
9th November 2014, 10:53 PM
Here's the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XExqABO4kc

Here's the story

http://photographyisnotacrime.com/2014/11/new-york-deputy-slaps-citizen-allowing-search-car/

His wife's facebook page since he deleted his.

https://www.facebook.com/carrie.glans?fref=ts

ShortJohnSilver
9th November 2014, 11:13 PM
If things get worse, like TSHTF situation, do these cops think they will be protected, when their name is plastered over each person's traffic report, or other reports that they fill out? How tough would it be to find your average cop's home address?

crimethink
9th November 2014, 11:49 PM
And this is why people cheer Chris Dorner or Eric Frein.

Glass
10th November 2014, 01:55 AM
interesting web site that PINAC

Cebu_4_2
10th November 2014, 04:50 AM
Fucking low life Dick... That would be my ticket to paradise, how many occurrences of this typical Pig behavior is not on tape?

Cebu_4_2
10th November 2014, 04:54 AM
UPDATE: PINAC reader Joseph Grabko dug up the following about Glans:
http://photographyisnotacrime.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Screenshot-2014-11-08-02.34.50.png (http://photographyisnotacrime.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Screenshot-2014-11-08-02.34.50.png)

UPDATE II: Deputy Glans was suspended without pay, according to a press release (http://photographyisnotacrime.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Saratoga-Sheriff.pdf) from the Saratoga County Sheriff’s Office. Good work, guys.
UPDATE III: The Times-Union (http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/Saratoga-deputy-suspended-as-video-of-slapping-5880169.php) reached out to Glans and got him to comment about the incident, saying he would do it all over again – but not if he knew he was being recorded. Not exactly the brightest of the bunch.

Reached Saturday, Glans said there was more to the encounter than is captured on the video.
“You saw the video. It doesn’t look good,” Glans told the Times Union. “I’m all about doing the right thing. I had to go to that point because of the factors that came into play. There was a gun that was involved (that) I spotted in the vehicle.”
Asked if he would have handled the matter the same way again, Glans said he would, but not if he knew it was being filmed. He acknowledged that he did not know the incident was being videotaped.
“I was concerned. It was a public safety issue,” the sergeant said. “If I had to do it all over again … I’d probably do the same thing. If I knew the camera was there, no, because it does look bad.”

collector
10th November 2014, 04:56 AM
And the media treats the assailant with kit gloves;
Suspended with pay? It's not just about his assaults (verbal and physical), it's about him violating police procedures, not bothering to get a search warrant, operating outside the law - none of that is addressed in the article

http://www.newsday.com/news/region-state/shawn-glans-saratoga-county-sheriff-s-deputy-suspended-after-video-of-him-posted-on-internet-1.9599871 (http://www.newsday.com/news/region-state/shawn-glans-saratoga-county-sheriff-s-deputy-suspended-after-video-of-him-posted-on-internet-1.9599871)
HALFMOON, N.Y. - A New York sheriff's deputy has been suspended after a video captured him cursing at a young man and apparently slapping him.
The Albany Times Union reports that 48-year-old Sgt. Shawn Glans was suspended Saturday over the encounter Friday in the town of Halfmoon.

ADVERTISEMENT | ADVERTISE ON NEWSDAY (http://www.newsday.com/advertise)

The young man's friend filmed the encounter.

crimethink
10th November 2014, 05:12 AM
UPDATE: PINAC reader Joseph Grabko dug up the following about Glans

Glans? Man, I'd change my name!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glans

Fitting, though, for a savage dick.

BrewTech
10th November 2014, 06:32 AM
Glans? Man, I'd change my name!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glans

Fitting, though, for a savage dick.

One of the first things I noticed as well...

Growing up, my last name was an EASY target for teasing and whatnot, though not as bad as this one. To be fair, one has to acknowledge the amount of flak this guy must have taken having a name like that growing up. I did, so I sort of understand. The difference is, I didn't turn into a professional sociopathic bully, and force my victims to support my dysfunction.

Hitch
10th November 2014, 08:29 AM
“You saw the video. It doesn’t look good,” Glans told the Times Union. “I’m all about doing the right thing. I had to go to that point because of the factors that came into play. There was a gun that was involved (that) I spotted in the vehicle.”

Bullshit, lying bastard. No way he "spotted" a gun. If he did, he would put those guys in cuffs and searched the vehicle with out seeking consent.

He didn't have cause to search and was trying to bully his way into that car. Unbelievable.

Buddha
10th November 2014, 09:09 AM
Bullshit, lying bastard. No way he "spotted" a gun. If he did, he would put those guys in cuffs and searched the vehicle with out seeking consent.

He didn't have cause to search and was trying to bully his way into that car. Unbelievable.

Exactly, see a gun, slap the owner in the face. Makes alot of sense to me. He is a snake, "And I would do it again, as long as I wasn't being recorded". This shits gonna come to a head in my life time, and will be the opposite of pretty I'm sure.

SWRichmond
10th November 2014, 10:26 AM
Sooner or later, the now-destroyed "presumption of innocence" upon which the court system in this country was allegedly founded, will re-emerge as a "presumption that the cops are up to no good", and people will stop to assist...the victim...anytime they see a victim pulled over anywhere.

The so-called "good cops" need to step up and fix this, because if we mundanes have to fix it we will have a hard time separating wheat from chaff.

If the fact that the "good cops" have not stepped up to fix the problem is de facto proof that the forces of evil in the corporate police forces are too strong and the "good guys" are in fact afraid to confront them, then, my friends, we have a serious problem.

ShortJohnSilver
10th November 2014, 11:11 AM

He saw a gun in a locked car, that the owner of the car was hundreds of feet away from, until he walked up near the car. So yeah, no probable cause.

Ares
10th November 2014, 11:42 AM
Sooner or later, the now-destroyed "presumption of innocence" upon which the court system in this country was allegedly founded, will re-emerge as a "presumption that the cops are up to no good", and people will stop to assist...the victim...anytime they see a victim pulled over anywhere.

The so-called "good cops" need to step up and fix this, because if we mundanes have to fix it we will have a hard time separating wheat from chaff.

If the fact that the "good cops" have not stepped up to fix the problem is de facto proof that the forces of evil in the corporate police forces are too strong and the "good guys" are in fact afraid to confront them, then, my friends, we have a serious problem.

Cops follow their own code of silence when they see a fellow coworker breaking the law. The "good cops" (if there really is such a thing) won't stop the bad cops due to that code.

collector
10th November 2014, 01:04 PM

That's funny, I said the exact same thing but had to delete the post. Supposedly according to one report there was a rifle in the locked car and that's what prompted him to want to search it.
He knows damn well he wouldn't have gotten a real search warrant because a rifle is not illegal to have in NY and there was no suspicion that it was used in a crime - it was his own personal fishing expedition.

Ares
10th November 2014, 06:13 PM
UPDATE:
Saratoga Deputy Arrested for Slapping Citizen on Video

Two days after a video went viral, showing a Saratoga County Sheriff’s deputy slapping a man because he did not consent to having his car searched, the deputy was arrested and jailed by his own department.

Sergeant Shawn Glans, who was placed on unpaid administrative leave, was also forced to resign in what will probably go down as the quickest internal investigation in the history of law enforcement.

The news was just announced on the department’s Facebook page with the following press release:

http://photographyisnotacrime.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Screenshot-2014-11-10-14.38.16-774x1024.png

Glans, who has been a law enforcement officer for almost three decades, told the local media that if he had to do it all over again, he would do nothing different – except if he knew he was being recorded.

Asked if he would have handled the matter the same way again, Glans said he would, but not if he knew it was being filmed. He acknowledged that he did not know the incident was being videotaped.

“I was concerned. It was a public safety issue,” the sergeant said. “If I had to do it all over again … I’d probably do the same thing. If I knew the camera was there, no, because it does look bad.”

http://photographyisnotacrime.com/2014/11/saratoga-deputy-arrested-slapping-citizen-video/

crimethink
10th November 2014, 06:26 PM

Civil War will be a fact if that occurs, as the pigs will not back down; they will escalate force, and their masters in the government will "authorize" them to escalate. The masters know if the pigs are neutralized, they are next, with intimate dates with ropes & lamp posts around town.

The Blue Cult will not act against its own unless the consequences of not doing so are far greater to "the department" than the benefits of protecting a "brother." Video cameras have greatly helped to make atrocities much more painful for "departments," and, hence, more actions are occurring that rein in the rabid pigs. However, still, nowhere near enough of them are reined in.

That "serious problem" will be street fighting, urban warfare, in Civil War II.

crimethink
10th November 2014, 06:29 PM

Cops understand the "average" judge will simply accept as "judicial notice" that cops do not lie. Most warrants are issued on perjured "testimony," and continue to be so since there is no real recourse for the victims other than violence.

The judges need to be replaced with real justices of the peace committed to the Bill of Rights, or, the sitting judges must be terrorized into complying with the Bill of Rights. Right now, they are god-like, and "working within the System" is meaningless. "That whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it" must come into play.

Silver Rocket Bitches!
10th November 2014, 07:00 PM
Holy shit they arrested him. I guess there are exceptions to the rule.

Ares
10th November 2014, 07:37 PM
Holy shit they arrested him. I guess there are exceptions to the rule.

Yeah but with pretty petty charges. I don't see an illegal search under color of authority on there. That is a felony. He gets a slap on the wrist and fired. Granted he should of been fired but he also has to account for the illegal search of the persons vehicle after he refused to allow him.

ShortJohnSilver
10th November 2014, 07:51 PM
He has been a cop for nearly 30 years. He resigns, cops to a low level charge, makes the Chief look good, and they don't go after his pension, is how I read it.

The other cop did not stop it and instead participated - he should face conspiracy charges. Will he?

milehi
10th November 2014, 09:47 PM
I was pulled over today, just east of Desert Center. Speeding home from a loop around AZ. 92 in a 70. Ouch. Wrote me for 80. He (CHP) was polite and told me he didn't bother to run my licence. I had a handful of firearms locked in the trunk and expected the business. CA sigh...He was almost saying sorry when he told me to write up a written declaration. I was completely guilty and expected my dog to be shot as I was pulling over.

General of Darkness
11th November 2014, 07:02 AM
I was pulled over today, just east of Desert Center. Speeding home from a loop around AZ. 92 in a 70. Ouch. Wrote me for 80. He (CHP) was polite and told me he didn't bother to run my licence. I had a handful of firearms locked in the trunk and expected the business. CA sigh...He was almost saying sorry when he told me to write up a written declaration. I was completely guilty and expected my dog to be shot as I was pulling over.

Milehi, from personal experience there are a lot of decent cops out there, but it seems the bads ones are so far over the top that they're obvious psychopaths.

BTW - On long run highways NEVER go more than 10 over the speed limit. When I go to training in Bakersfield I never go more than 5 miles over the speed limit especially around the Grape Vine. ;)

SWRichmond
11th November 2014, 07:38 AM
The arrest is a show. He wasn't even charged with assault. Will the other cop be called as a witness? What will he say?

How about "deprivation of rights under color of law"? The whole purpose of the corporate police is precisely to deprive us of our rights under color of law.

collector
11th November 2014, 07:47 AM
Exactly what I was thinking - where's the assault charge? Petty charges which will amount to nothing and this thug will get a big fat retirement package, meanwhile, how many people have been victims of this schoolyard bully's tactics?
The other cop who illegally searched the kid's car - what charges does HE face?
I'll bet the only outcome of the quickly concluded "investigation" is that cops in that department immediately confiscate all possible recording devices during future encounters

Terry853
11th November 2014, 02:18 PM
This guy spent 30 years as a cop..that is a lot of of actual practise..how tarnished is his past. Granted he looked like an asshole but he spent 30 years dealing with American assholes and must be a little jaded..Flame on..

Ares
11th November 2014, 03:20 PM
This guy spent 30 years as a cop..that is a lot of of actual practise..how tarnished is his past. Granted he looked like an asshole but he spent 30 years dealing with American assholes and must be a little jaded..Flame on..

So whats your point? Jaded or not does not give him the right to deny someone their 4th Amendment protection. The victim DENIED the cop permission, which is god given constitutionally protected right. If the cop wanted to search his vehicle he would need a warrant. Which he couldn't get because he didn't even have reasonable cause to obtain a warrant. What the cop did was illegal. If I hit you after you denied me access to search your vehicle, I would be treated much more harshly (deservedly so) because I violated your rights. But if the person doing it wears a costume and a tin badge he gets a slap on the wrist after losing his job(in this case) while other cases get a paid vacation for doing much worse.