PDA

View Full Version : People don't want the truth.

old steel
12th November 2014, 08:41 PM
They just want constant reassurance that what they believe, IS the truth.

CP.

BrewTech
12th November 2014, 08:56 PM
They just want constant reassurance that what they believe, IS the truth.

CP.
They...or you? Or both?

old steel
12th November 2014, 09:01 PM
So obviously you agree, bravo.

BrewTech
12th November 2014, 09:03 PM
Agree with what? I asked you a question.

old steel
12th November 2014, 09:07 PM
You agree that people don't want the truth, they just want to feel comfortable.

Like the title says.

Glass
12th November 2014, 09:08 PM
I used to think that I might not have any courage or guts or balls and that nearly everyone was tougher and stronger and had more courage than I did. Perhaps I was just a pussy cat in lions clothing.

I've learnt in these past 7 or 8 years that it is the opposite and most people are scared and cowards (and they haven't got a brain). Very few people I know would stand for anything. And they will shout you down and scream and cry and run around waving hands at the slightest mention of standing up against the Govt or it's authority. No joke. This is actually the kind of reaction I get. People freak out and literally wet themselves.

BrewTech
12th November 2014, 09:10 PM
You agree that people don't want the truth, they just want to feel comfortable.

Like the title says.

Except for the people that live with the discomfort inherent in pursuing the truth, of course.

old steel
12th November 2014, 09:20 PM
It's like a nightmare you can never wake up from.

Glass
12th November 2014, 10:17 PM
its funny. When I was a kid I worked it out pretty quick. I realised the fairy tales I were reading weren't actually fiction.

Anyway people like fairy tales. Every girl loves a fairy tale happy ending. A fairy tale wedding. Gifts from Santa the imaginery guy. The tooth fairy.

singular_me
13th November 2014, 05:15 AM
Fairy tales are psyops.... people are hooked on "happy endings", so much that they cannot imagine/understand what is actually going on.

its funny. When I was a kid I worked it out pretty quick. I realised the fairy tales I were reading weren't actually fiction.

Anyway people like fairy tales. Every girl loves a fairy tale happy ending. A fairy tale wedding. Gifts from Santa the imaginery guy. The tooth fairy.

Serpo
13th November 2014, 01:45 PM
For people brought up on lies ,fed lies , live lies and ARE LIES, its a little bit too much of a reality change.

People have no idea what "truth" is or that it even exists or the possibility that it exists.

Then they ask , well what is the truth.............

gunDriller
13th November 2014, 02:22 PM
Fairy tales are psyops.... people are hooked on "happy endings", so much that they cannot imagine/understand what is actually going on.

It also relates so much to perspective.

Kunstler gave a talk at Google about economic collapse and the changes in the energy industry.

The general response was, 'technology will save us'.

As long as we understand that 'us' in that case is Google employees making six figures not always starting with a 1. Yes, technology will save them.

But technology won't save Us, group Us. not if Dunderheads & Dumbkopf's are applying it.

Santa
13th November 2014, 02:59 PM
Everybody's gonna fukin Die. Hows that for a fairy tale? :)

old steel
13th November 2014, 06:05 PM

Sooner or later, absolutely.

The rainbow bridge beckons.....

singular_me
14th November 2014, 05:44 AM
I wouldnt say that people dont want the truth but rather irrationally hold on to what make their world go round" to fight the idea that they eventually will die. (santa post)

I had a conversation with a 70yo cowboy yesterday showing me snapshots of his land and 2 horses, which he was so proud of.... while he was talking I thought of the above and could see that life is really what we want to make sense of, want it to be about. And nobody will never change anybody's mind. That is why, we need a social structure that is as flexible as possible...

People want doctrines and dogmas to save them from a fear that could shatter their worlds, but wanting this just brings about the unwanted... 4000 years of history indicate this.

Freedom from dogmas (supported by knowledge and wisdom) is in my view the true meaning of life as death voids everything we thought we knew.

govcheetos
14th November 2014, 02:18 PM
I'm done talking to anyone about anything, except maybe a few, make that a couple, close family members/friends who know the score.

Talking to the brain dead zombies about anything is useless. Once in a while you meet someone you think just might get it and they freak out when you go a little deeper than they have been before. Wanna see someone pitch a fit tell them we did ben gazi. Like watching a 4 year old after they find out barney isn't fucking real.

I will say this. Be careful who you talk to. I'm wary of military/ex military types with claimed ptsd who like talking about anything political/truth/gun/prep related. A lot will lead you into a conversation. Makes you wonder who's still on the payroll and for who. Not a good time to show off all the knowledge you've learned.

gunDriller
14th November 2014, 02:22 PM

NO, No, NO ! You have it all wrong.

Everybody's fukin gonna fukin Die.

on second thought ...

fukin Everybody's fukin gonna fukin Die.

I can't make up my mind :)

mick silver
14th November 2014, 05:16 PM
what happen don't tell me I hate you

Hatha Sunahara
14th November 2014, 06:47 PM
Well, that is my definition of the 'truth'': It's whatever you believe it is. It could be a pack of lies. If you believe them, then that's the truth. Of course, I won't deny that there is something called the 'objective truth'. This is something that is true whether you believe it or not. 2 plus 2 equals 4. Just because you might believe that 2+2=5 doesn't make it so. The only redemption for this anomaly is that hardly anybody cares if you believe that 2+2=5. The only time it matters is if laws are based on falsehoods. Or if judges make decisions based on false evidence. Unfortunately these two conditions are commonplace.

My attitude about 'conventional wisdom' is that it is a measure of how many people believe the same lies that TPTB want them to believe. It's a measure of conformity in belief, not a gauge for wisdom of any kind. We live in a world of enforced stupidity. I've studied the mechanics of it quite thoroughly.

Hatha

zap
14th November 2014, 08:23 PM

No shit?

Silver Rocket Bitches!
14th November 2014, 08:47 PM
Truth is like reality..just a perception.