PDA

View Full Version : Primary Water

steel_ag
23rd November 2014, 04:52 PM
http://www.newwatersources.org/

"Primary water, the original source of our oceans, is still being created by geological forces. That water, usually in a potable form, comes to the earth's surface in thousands of places, some well known like Jericho and Bahrain where it has provided drinking water for thousands of people for thousands of years. It pours into deep mines all over the world. Hundreds of houses on the rocky shores of Maine get their fresh water from wells drilled into the shoreline granite. Copenhagen gets all its water from a few wells. In Northern Europe, water that can be tapped by wells that do not depend on aquifers is called "ground water". The hallmark of new, or primary, water springs and wells is that they provide water at constant temperature and flow.
But this world-wide source of "new water" has been ignored by geologists and laymen in most countries including the United States. They were taught that all potable water comes from the "hydrological cycle" which merely recycles water already on the surface of our earth.

Michael H. Salzman, an engineer and administrator, researched, wrote and published a book providing detailed information on "new water". As published in 1960, it can be read and/or downloaded from this website. It is not readily available in libraries.

Mike was a long time friend. He handed me one of his last copies in 1970 and asked me to see if I could get some recognition for it. He told me some wealthy people wanting to get approval for funds to build an aqueduct to bring water from the Colorado River to southern California (they succeeded) had bought up and burned all the copies they could find. They also tried (and failed) to have him fired as Director of the Los Angeles Housing Authority.

Today, there is renewed interest in "new water". Two companies are working on projects to bring potable "new water" to areas where surface and ordinary well water are contaminated or nearly exhausted. Including wells for primary water drilled in Australia, Southern California and elsewhere, it appears more than 1,000 such wells have been drilled in recent years."

Glass
23rd November 2014, 05:27 PM
I don't know if we are getting any Primary water here in Oz. The water coming out of the tap this morning was very brown. So bad I was nearly going to take some photos of it. We have been told we need to start drinking everyone elses shower and toilet water. They are going to start pumping the shower water into our drinking aquifers. Because they can't separate shower water from toilet water I'm figuring we will be getting both.

Horn
23rd November 2014, 05:40 PM
That's easy glass, just don't pee while you're in the shower.

Glass
23rd November 2014, 05:42 PM
That's easy glass, just don't pee while you're in the shower.

ok I'll try really really hard not to. The thing I'm worried about is all the crap people wash themselves with. And all the crap they ingest from the food and pharmaco which will end up in the water and I don't think can be filtered enough to get it out.

palani
23rd November 2014, 05:46 PM
We have been told we need to start drinking everyone elses shower and toilet water.

Time to invest in a dew pond?

Glass
23rd November 2014, 06:03 PM
Time to invest in a dew pond?

well I think so. I need a place to put one. Hopefully that might eventuate in the next 12 months. We will see.

woodman
23rd November 2014, 06:38 PM
http://www.newwatersources.org/

"Primary water, the original source of our oceans, is still being created by geological forces.."

Hi stag. Haven't seen you post in awhile. I am curious about the geological process. Can you elucidate?

steel_ag
24th November 2014, 04:17 PM
I'm curious too. I need to read the book available at the website. I have no idea as to the veracity of the claims...

gunDriller
25th November 2014, 06:20 AM
when you burn hydrocarbons - or firewood (cellulose) - or a lot of things, the primary products of that combustion are CO2 and H2O.

we hear a lot about the CO2 ... not much about the H2O.

overall we burn about a cubic mile of oil every year. and a comparable amount of coal.

PV = nRT to figure out how much that is - in gas form.

palani
25th November 2014, 12:53 PM
overall we burn about a cubic mile of oil every year. and a comparable amount of coal.

Maybe if you insulate you could reduce your fuel bill?

woodman
25th November 2014, 01:25 PM
Maybe if you insulate you could reduce your fuel bill?

That's nothing. I have a drafty old farmhouse. I am single-handedly responsible for the deforestation of Northern Michigan.