PDA

View Full Version : Pub with no beer

Tumbleweed
24th November 2014, 01:51 AM
I don't know if this is the right place to post this video by Slim Dusty but it's a song about beer I like. A friend of mine had some cassette tapes of this guy I heard many years ago but hadn't thought of him for a long time. I did a search on youtube and there he was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8E0aZ387M_I

Glass
24th November 2014, 03:21 AM
ah yes good ol Slim Dusty. Now there's a dinkum bloke. He was the King of Australian Country music for decades.

All other distopias fade into insignificance. No tragedy can be greater than a pub with no beer.

Glass
27th November 2014, 03:14 AM
just watched it again for kicks and a couple other favorites. Its a bit of Australiana.

Living in the country, the Outback is not easy. That looked like northern New South Wales or South Eastern Queensland maybe or it could be anywhere in South Australia or mid North West Aust. It takes people who are mostly bigger and tougher than me to live out there. I've done some time outback but I got to admit it's too tough for me. I could visit but I don't want to live there. I could if I had to. Maybe Karratha if it wasn't so $$$. Kalbari. I don't actually know a lot of nice places from memory that are north. Moore River. Past that it goes down hill. Coral Bay and around there is the exception. I could live a couple places there. Real isolated. White beaches for miles, aqua lagoons. foot plus lobsters, snapper, crabs.

Anyway you can see from that vid that they are tough people and that living out there is tough on people. Its not the only place like that I know. Most countries got their own. Got to remember they get the hard stuff done.

Libertytree
27th November 2014, 02:23 PM
A pub with no beer sounds like a great place to start one! :)

Glass
27th November 2014, 10:42 PM
I went to a pub for lunch today. It had plenty of beer. Many types, great steak sandwhiches, pizzas. Was a craft brewery as well. I could identify much of the equipment you could see behind the big windows. Not sure they are actually brewing on premises but it doesn't matter. Good times. So now if you will excuse me..... ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.