PDA

View Full Version : hey wait, i thought comex was supposed to blow up

chad
1st December 2014, 06:16 AM
and settle in paper, thus spiking prices.

silver down -.31, laughing my ass off. ffs, the joke is on me again.

gunDriller
1st December 2014, 06:27 AM
and settle in paper, thus spiking prices.

silver down -.31, laughing my ass off. ffs, the joke is on me again.

it's not like Comex is going to send us each personal telegrams announcing a default on any particular customer.

what they said about the "Revolution" (not being televised) probably applies to the PM markets.

"blow up" i'm thinking means, Default in Spectacular fashion ?

chad
1st December 2014, 06:40 AM
the swings are insane. 15 minutes ago it was down thirty cents, now it's up fifty-one. that almost a 5% move in 15 minutes.

BrewTech
1st December 2014, 06:48 AM
...unsurprisingly, it's a non-event for holders of physical. I'm sure a ton of "money" is changing hands amidst the volatility in the paper market, which is by design of course. Those that keep playing the paper game are directly responsible for the thieves to be able continue their manipulation.

aeondaze
1st December 2014, 06:52 AM
...unsurprisingly, it's a non-event for holders of physical.

Yep, just checked, haven't lost a single ounce yet!

The volatility is outrageous. Its gotta mean there will be a breaking point, I'm betting things will break out to the upside.

This decline on opening was a massive 10%, since then we've recovered every cent and added some. Big swings mean something is going to give either way.

Silver Rocket Bitches!
1st December 2014, 07:00 AM
I watched silver scrape $14.50 last night, now it's up 4% to $16.17.

mick silver
1st December 2014, 07:22 AM
seen this morning that the sales at the big store are down over 5% from last year at this time , could we be seeing 2007 about to start playing out again

Hatha Sunahara
1st December 2014, 08:57 AM
Just remember th Golden Rule: Them that's got the gold make the rules. And watch as all the gold flies off to Russia and China. As far as I can tell, the Comex has already crashed. We're just waiting for the news that confirms it.

Hatha

chad
1st December 2014, 10:22 AM
17% swing as of now.

madfranks
1st December 2014, 10:33 AM
17% swing as of now.

Insane!!

Neuro
1st December 2014, 11:34 AM
Wtf happened? I went on the flight to Turkey, checked the prices on the airport, and they were down alot... Now its like I arrived in a parallell universe just 5 hours later! Not complaining I have to change some gold tomorrow to buy my dads Jaguar. He doesnt have many days left in life, and he is leaving the cash to mine and my sisters children. I asked him if he would consider giving gold instead... But he rejected that immediatelly. He considers gold foolish. Since it is his last wish I would never argue about it either...

Neuro
1st December 2014, 11:38 AM
Thats the Jaguar! At least it is gold coloured!

Cebu_4_2
1st December 2014, 11:52 AM
http://gold-silver.us/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7046&stc=1
Thats the Jaguar! At least it is gold coloured!

What year is it? Cant tell in that picture.

gunDriller
1st December 2014, 12:14 PM
17% swing as of now.

biggest swing i've ever seen.

i thought something like this might happen. so i sat down at the computer 3 PM Pacific.

seemed like it was trending lower in the $15's, nothing major.

so i went to watch Netflix, Battlestar Galactica.

i came back to my computer about 5 minutes after the drop to $14.50.

Provident still had their spreads low at the beginning. There was about 2 minutes when you could buy rounds for $15.60.

The price movements recently have mostly been to continue falling. If you bought at a limit, most days you would find later that the price was lower at the time of closing. In other words, an incentive to wait.

Last night there was no incentive in waiting.

Some folks would call this an "outside day reversal" (night reversal ?), when initial selling is met by massive buying (even if it is 99% paper.)

I wonder if we could look at past market bottoms, if they would look like today's chart.

Neuro
1st December 2014, 12:39 PM
What year is it? Cant tell in that picture.

2007, its a 2.2 liter Diesel engine in it, so if it is driven sensibly, you get less than 6 liters/100 km, what is that? 40+ mpg? Its done about 70,000 miles... I suspect it can easily do twice that from now. It costdd me 7 ounces of gold... But my fathers love of Jaguar seems to have rubbed off on me. I remember him telling me from a very young age that he wanted to have a Jaguar. In the last years of his life he had one. I'm happy about that!

Cebu_4_2
1st December 2014, 12:45 PM
2007, its a 2.2 liter Diesel engine in it, so if it is driven sensibly, you get less than 6 liters/100 km, what is that? 40+ mpg? Its done about 70,000 miles... I suspect it can easily do twice that from now. It costdd me 7 ounces of gold... But my fathers love of Jaguar seems to have rubbed off on me. I remember him telling me from a very young age that he wanted to have a Jaguar. In the last years of his life he had one. I'm happy about that!

With maintenance it will go a lot farther than 140k lol. That car isn't even broke in yet.

Neuro
1st December 2014, 12:49 PM
With maintenance it will go a lot farther than 140k lol. That car isn't even broke in yet.

No I meant it would easily do more than 140 k miles from now, and I will certainly keep it well...

mick silver
1st December 2014, 12:54 PM
its some thing you can have of your dad that you can keep for ever and when your driving it he will always be in your thoughts .

Neuro
1st December 2014, 12:58 PM
its some thing you can have of your dad that you can keep for ever and when your driving it he will always be in your thoughts .

Definetely and it is such a pleasure to drive!