PDA

View Full Version : Woman shot, killed at Walmart in Idaho by her toddler: reports

mick silver
30th December 2014, 01:29 PM
Woman shot, killed at Walmart in Idaho by her toddler: reportshttp://l.yimg.com/a/p/us/news/editorial/d/0c/d0c3eb8ca18907492a4b337b5cec5193.jpeg (http://www.reuters.com/) 14 minutes ago

(Reuters) - A woman was shot and killed at a Walmart store in northern Idaho on Tuesday and local media reported that the gun went off when her toddler pulled a handgun from her purse and discharged it accidentally.
Lieutenant Stu Miller of the Kootenai County Sheriff's Office said on Twitter that a woman in her late 20s was killed in a shooting at the Walmart in Hayden.
"Prelim investigation shows shooting was accidental," Miller said in a tweet. Hayden is located in Kootenai County, north of Coeur d'Alene.
Miller did not say on Twitter who fired the gun and could not immediately be reached by phone.
Local KREM-TV reported that the woman had been shopping with four children when one of them, who was believed to be about two years old, reached into her purse and grabbed the gun.
"A very sad incident occurred at our store today in Hayden involving the death of a female customer. We are working with the Kootenai Sheriff's department as they investigate what happened," Walmart spokeswoman Brooke Buchanan said.
Buchanan said the store had been closed and would remain so until further notice.
(Reporting by Dan Whitcomb; Editing by Sandra Maler)

Society & Culture
Crime & Justice
Walmart
Twitter

Click to view comments 
View Comments (267)

mick silver
30th December 2014, 01:30 PM
you just cant make this shit up , how in the fuck can a toddler kill anyone with a fucking gun . one of the comments .... A properly carried hand gun cannot be discharge by a toddler. If it was a single action design, the toddler would not have the manual dexterity to disengage the safety. If it was a double action single action model, the toddler would not have the strength to pull the trigger from the de-cocked position. Concealed carry requires training and consistency. I can only surmise, as sad as it is, the women had not properly trained and was carrying a pistol in a condition that it could be accidently discharged by a toddler.

EE_
30th December 2014, 01:32 PM
Woman shot, killed at Walmart in Idaho by her toddler: reportshttp://l.yimg.com/a/p/us/news/editorial/d/0c/d0c3eb8ca18907492a4b337b5cec5193.jpeg (http://www.reuters.com/) 14 minutes ago

(Reuters) - A woman was shot and killed at a Walmart store in northern Idaho on Tuesday and local media reported that the gun went off when her toddler pulled a handgun from her purse and discharged it accidentally.
Lieutenant Stu Miller of the Kootenai County Sheriff's Office said on Twitter that a woman in her late 20s was killed in a shooting at the Walmart in Hayden.
"Prelim investigation shows shooting was accidental," Miller said in a tweet. Hayden is located in Kootenai County, north of Coeur d'Alene.
Miller did not say on Twitter who fired the gun and could not immediately be reached by phone.
Local KREM-TV reported that the woman had been shopping with four children when one of them, who was believed to be about two years old, reached into her purse and grabbed the gun.
"A very sad incident occurred at our store today in Hayden involving the death of a female customer. We are working with the Kootenai Sheriff's department as they investigate what happened," Walmart spokeswoman Brooke Buchanan said.
Buchanan said the store had been closed and would remain so until further notice.
(Reporting by Dan Whitcomb; Editing by Sandra Maler)

Society & Culture
Crime & Justice
Walmart
Twitter

Click to view comments 
View Comments (267)

That is sad.
What are the chances of a 2 yr old pulling the trigger and hitting/killing mom?

mick silver
30th December 2014, 01:34 PM
the comments are the best I have seen in some time , take the time and look at them ... Good job kid! One idiot down 50 million to go

midnight rambler
30th December 2014, 01:35 PM
You don't think a toddler can pull a 3.5# trigger (like on a Glock with an aftermarket trigger)?

Cebu_4_2
30th December 2014, 01:36 PM
That is sad.

Virtually zero.

midnight rambler
30th December 2014, 01:42 PM
That is sad.

Actually the chances get much better the closer one is to the muzzle of the pistol. What's the first thing a toddler is going to do when he (or she) gets his or her hand on a handgun? Point it (the joosmedia/graven images industry has it already programmed in if the kid has been exposed to the one-eyed monster).

mick silver
30th December 2014, 01:43 PM
most toddler most of the time cant hold their head up . not saying it cant but dam

Dogman
30th December 2014, 01:45 PM
That is sad.

More than probable!

Android Forum Runner

Hitch
30th December 2014, 01:50 PM
I don't have any kids, but don't toddlers put things in electrical sockets too? I remember Mom always making sure tweezers don't get into the hands of toddlers. I could be completely wrong, but I thought little kids loved to grab things with their hands, pull things (triggers?) stick things into places where they shouldn't. Never under estimate a little kid, is what I was taught.

Sad thing to happen.

crimethink
30th December 2014, 04:35 PM

Since not everything is a conspiracy, apparently 100%.

old steel
30th December 2014, 05:32 PM
That is sad.

Apparently pretty good.

midnight rambler
31st December 2014, 12:48 PM
Local, more accurate account of this incident, it can happen to the best of us -

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2014/12/30/3566139_khq-woman-shot-at-wal-mart.html?rh=1

(http://www.idahostatesman.com/2014/12/30/3566139_khq-woman-shot-at-wal-mart.html?rh=1)

madfranks
31st December 2014, 02:08 PM
Local, more accurate account of this incident, it can happen to the best of us -

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2014/12/30/3566139_khq-woman-shot-at-wal-mart.html?rh=1

(http://www.idahostatesman.com/2014/12/30/3566139_khq-woman-shot-at-wal-mart.html?rh=1)

From the link,

She was not an irresponsible mother

I really have to disagree with this. What kind of mother leaves her purse which contains a loaded handgun with her two-year old while she looks at clothes?? Here's what likely happened, the lady carried every day and felt casual with it, enough so that she didn't think twice about leaving her purse next to her toddler son while she wandered away from the cart to look at merchandise.

mick silver
31st December 2014, 02:28 PM
wandered away with a gun is not good anyway you look at it , I know my wife does not leave her purse which has a gun it in a cart as she wanders around the store .

Cebu_4_2
31st December 2014, 02:39 PM
wandered away with a gun is not good anyway you look at it , I know my wife does not leave her purse which has a gun it in a cart as she wanders around the store .

There is not a single female I met that will leave their purse in the cart.

crimethink
31st December 2014, 02:57 PM
I really have to disagree with this. What kind of mother leaves her purse which contains a loaded handgun with her two-year old while she looks at clothes?? Here's what likely happened, the lady carried every day and felt casual with it, enough so that she didn't think twice about leaving her purse next to her toddler son while she wandered away from the cart to look at merchandise.

"She was not an irresponsible mother" is the White version of "did'n do nuffin!"

If the kid could access the gun, so could anyone else. Or the purse in its entirety. And if she didn't see the kid rifling her purse for something to play with, then someone could have taken the kid, as well.

Very, very sad, but very, very preventable. This will provide ammunition to the anti-gun nuts.

osoab
31st December 2014, 03:50 PM
Deepest condelences to the kid. The baddest 2 year old out there.

However, the mom made it just in time for the 2014 Darwin Awards.

steyr_m
31st December 2014, 03:50 PM
Almost all WM stores are sure to have video in them to prevent fraudulent law suits, anyone know if there a video of it being done?

Cebu_4_2
31st December 2014, 03:53 PM
Almost all WM stores are sure to have video in them to prevent fraudulent law suits, anyone know if there a video of it being done?

Not in any stories I followed up on so far.

madfranks
31st December 2014, 04:31 PM
Deepest condelences to the kid. The baddest 2 year old out there.

Yeah, once that kid grows up and is old enough to understand what he did when he was 2, he'll have issues the rest of his life.

crimethink
31st December 2014, 09:13 PM
https://news.yahoo.com/idaho-woman-shot-son-walmart-remembered-scientist-loving-002713028--abc-news-topstories.html

Veronica Rutledge, who police say died after her toddler removed a concealed handgun from her purse at Walmart and shot her, worked at the Idaho National Laboratory.

(...)

"She was not the least bit irresponsible," [her father] said.

midnight rambler
31st December 2014, 09:26 PM
Yeah, once that kid grows up and is old enough to understand what he did when he was 2, he'll have issues the rest of his life.

The thing is that his soul chose to have that experience before he was born.

crimethink
31st December 2014, 09:48 PM
The thing is that his soul chose to have that experience before he was born.

Preexistence is a doctrine from ancient mystery schools, not Christianity. It's a declaration that Jesus Christ was a liar.

midnight rambler
1st January 2015, 03:52 AM
Preexistence is a doctrine from ancient mystery schools, not Christianity. It's a declaration that Jesus Christ was a liar.

So I take it you think reincarnation doesn't happen, huh?

old steel
1st January 2015, 01:38 PM
Idaho woman shot dead by two-year-old son was successful nuclear scientisthttp://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/idaho-woman-shot-dead-by-two-year-old-son-was-successful-nuclear-scientist/ar-BBhoLSo

Something else is definitely going on here.

crimethink
1st January 2015, 01:40 PM
So I take it you think reincarnation doesn't happen, huh?

That is correct. "Past life experiences" is not "proof" of reincarnation, but a form of remote viewing.

crimethink
1st January 2015, 01:41 PM
Idaho woman shot dead by two-year-old son was successful nuclear scientisthttp://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/idaho-woman-shot-dead-by-two-year-old-son-was-successful-nuclear-scientist/ar-BBhoLSo

Something else is definitely going on here.

When I saw "Idaho National Laboratory" yesterday, it definitely raised a brow.

madfranks
1st January 2015, 01:59 PM
That is correct. "Past life experiences" is not "proof" of reincarnation, but a form of remote viewing.

That's what I always thought too. I used to work with a lady who, as a side hobby/business, was a credentialed hypnotist and "past life" therapist. We had some good conversations, but I never did get a satisfactory answer to my questions of how one could KNOW that what you experience in "past life regressions" is really your soul in a previous life, and not remote viewing someone else's life or other things like receiving perceptions fed to you by someone/thing else.

midnight rambler
1st January 2015, 02:18 PM

So you reject the teachings of Jesus?

Jesus taught that John the Baptist was the reincarnation of Elijah -

"For all the prophets and the law have prophesied until John. And if you are willing to receive it, he is Elijah who was to come." (Matthew 11:13-14)

In the above passage, Jesus clearly identifies John the Baptist as the reincarnation of Elijah the prophet. Later in Matthew's gospel Jesus reiterates it.

"And the disciples asked him, saying, 'Why then do the scribes say that Elijah must come first?'

"But he answered them and said, 'Elijah indeed is to come and will restore all things. But I say to you that Elijah has come already, and they did not know him, but did to him whatever they wished. So also shall the Son of Man suffer at their hand.'

"Then the disciples understood that he had spoken of John the Baptist." (Matthew 17:10-13)

And was this kid possessed or simply doing some remote viewing?

(James told his parents he 'picked' them [to be his parents])

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4S_Tg4-_WVk

crimethink
1st January 2015, 03:26 PM
So you reject the teachings of Jesus?

Nice Red Herring you've got. But something smells really fishy, rotten even.

Jesus taught that John the Baptist was the reincarnation of Elijah -

No, he did not. Your interpretation is that of the New Age types.

Only one soul was pre-existent prior to His earthly incarnation.

"And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment."

And was this kid possessed or simply doing some remote viewing?

(James told his parents he 'picked' them [to be his parents])

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4S_Tg4-_WVk

Children possess "extrasensory perception" more keenly than adults, the latter whom are trained to reject those things they cannot touch. So, yes, it was remote viewing, or demon possession. We do not "pick" our parents. That's purely New Age garbage. Are you Mormon?

midnight rambler
1st January 2015, 03:31 PM
Nice Red Herring you've got. But something smells really fishy, rotten even.

No, he did not. Your interpretation is that of the New Age types.

Only one soul was pre-existent prior to His earthly incarnation.

Children possess "extrasensory perception" more keenly than adults, the latter whom are trained to reject those things they cannot touch. So, yes, it was remote viewing, or demon possession. We do not "pick" our parents. That's purely New Age garbage. Are you Mormon?

Enjoy your cherished delusions...prior to getting bitten in the ass by them.

It would appear to me that you suffer from anosognosia (you don't know what you don't know, i.e. you suffer from a disability which prevents you from seeing that you suffer from this disability). I suggest you do a search using the term 'Something's wrong but you'll never know what it is'.

As an advocate of free will I do realize that there are some souls who prefer to depart this world no wiser than when they arrived, i.e. a form of willful ignorance, and I respect that since that is their CHOICE. Which is why I always 'allow for the possibility*' (that I could be wrong about anything).

*"With God all things are possible." - Jesus (therefore if it's conceivable then it's possible)

crimethink
1st January 2015, 03:50 PM
Enjoy your cherished delusions...prior to getting bitten in the ass by them.

The delusion is yours. You are apparently following a false "christ." Please pray to Him that you may be freed immediately. Seriously.

It would appear to me that you suffer from anosognosia (you don't know what you don't know, i.e. you suffer from a disability which prevents you from seeing that you suffer from this disability). I suggest you do a search using the term 'Something's wrong but you'll never know what it is'.

Actually, the Spirit has guided me to knowledge. I'm not sure which "spirit" is "guiding" you. The Bible makes clear men die once, not multiple times. There is nothing you can do to get around that.

As an advocate of free will I do realize that there are some souls who prefer to depart this world no wiser than when they arrived, i.e. a form of willful ignorance, and I respect that since that is their CHOICE. Which is why I always 'allow for the possibility*' (that I could be wrong about anything).

God chooses when souls leave, not souls. You are teaching New Age neo-Gnosticism, not Christianity.

*"With God all things are possible." - Jesus (therefore if it's conceivable then it's possible)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prooftext

How many Denarii did the Maya and the Han Dynasty pay to Rome? After all, the Bible says "And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus, that all the world should be taxed." :rolleyes:

"With God, all things are possible" refers not to that which God never intended, but solely to the salvation of souls which were lost without Him.

midnight rambler
1st January 2015, 04:15 PM
"With God, all things are possible" refers not to that which God never intended, but solely to the salvation of souls which were lost without Him.

You're entitled to your (interpretation) and you're also entitled to be wrong.

If (whatever) is in existence, then God intended it. Deal with it.

crimethink
1st January 2015, 04:42 PM
You're entitled to your (interpretation) and you're also entitled to be wrong.

If (whatever) is in existence, then God intended it. Deal with it.

Please learn what "in context" means.

Cebu_4_2
1st January 2015, 05:28 PM
So has there been any Walmart video released or can we bunch this in with the anti gun FF club?