PDA

View Full Version : Five ways to know you’re speaking to white supremacists

mick silver
1st January 2015, 06:37 AM
Five ways to know you’re speaking to white supremacistsAnd other useful tips for Steve Scalise and budding politicians everywhere.By Matt Bai (http://news.yahoo.com/author/matt-bai--yahoo-news/) 3 hours ago Yahoo News

View photo
http://l.yimg.com/os/publish-images/news/2014-12-31/fc34d9d0-912f-11e4-9312-3d3a5b9ab640_460926740.jpgHouse Majority Whip Steve Scalise (R-LA) enters a press conference after the weekly House Republican Conference …

There was a simpler time in America, a time when racists wore white hoods and carried torches, when Nazis wore swastikas and a skinhead could shave his scalp without being mistaken for a metrosexual. But those days are long behind us. Now, apparently, white supremacists hold conferences (http://cenlamar.com/2014/12/28/house-majority-whip-steve-scalise-was-reportedly-an-honored-guest-at-2002-international-white-supremacist-convention/) with guest speakers and video hookups to their colleagues overseas, kind of like a Davos for the intellectually vacant.This is tricky terrain for a politician, as Steve Scalise (http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/29/politics/steve-scalise-white-supremacist-group-speech/index.html), the third highest-ranking Republican in the House, found out this week. Back in 2002, Scalise apparently spoke to a conference in New Orleans hosted by the European-American Unity and Rights Organization (EURO, for short), which is kind of like a lobby for neo-Nazis and other white extremists.
Scalise said he couldn’t recall the speech and had no idea who these people were. And really, how are you supposed to know these days if you’re talking to the Klu Klux Klan or, say, a “Star Trek” convention with an unusual number of Jean-Luc Picards?
There are no hard and fast rules, of course, but let’s consider a few useful guidelines for knowing when you’ve got a problem, just in case you’re thinking about a career in national politics.
1. The group was founded by David Duke.
To be fair, Duke is a relatively common name in public life, and it’s easy to get confused. You’ve got Patty Duke and Duke Ellington, and of course Michael Dukakis. This being Louisiana, you can’t forget Bo and Luke Duke (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0377818/). Why wouldn’t you show up at a convention if you thought you were getting a ride in that sweet car with Catherine Bach?
But pay careful attention here, because David Duke is actually a pretty notorious character. Starting in 1988, when he first ran for president as a Democrat (alas, only one Duke could emerge victorious), this Duke was for many years the most recognizable, articulate and unapologetic white supremacist in America — a glib and embarrassing reminder of the South’s ignominious past. He even served a term in Congress. For those of us who came of age in the Reagan era, even if we never stepped foot in Louisiana, David Duke was like some touring museum exhibit, the last of the crusading Klansmen.
So if Duke is putting on your conference, or is speaking at it, or is anywhere in the same ZIP code and hasn’t yet been rearrested, you probably want to exercise caution.
2. Banners that say things like “White Power” hang from the ceiling.
Again, this is confusing. Because you might peer out through the blinding stage lights and think the banner says, you know, “white powder.” And you might think you’re at a drug legalization conference, which is all very mainstream these days, or maybe a ski industry confab. Or you might think “white power” actually refers to a kind of alternative energy, like “clean coal.” Although you can get intro trouble here, too — just look up Solyndra.
Anyway, this is why it helps to read some of the group’s written materials before you block off that date on the calendar. In this case, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center (http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-files/groups/euro), these have included whimsical remembrances of happier days in the 1930s when Germany was dominated by little Aryan kids frolicking through the fields. If that wasn’t in your briefing book, maybe hire some new staff.
3. The name of the group is the European-American Unity and Rights Organization.
This is so nonsensical, really, that I had trouble even typing it without looking it up three times. Actually, Duke originally called the group the National Organization for European-American Rights, or NOFEAR, but then the sportswear company “No Fear” filed a trademark infringement suit against him, and it turned out that Duke had maybe just a little fear, because he quickly changed the name to EURO. Currencies don’t sue.
Now, you know, political groups have all kinds of meaningless names, but they usually sound like “Americans Forward” or “Citizens Together” or “Blabbedy-blah-blah for Rainbows.” If the group you’re talking to sounds like it might have a paramilitary arm, it’s best to ask.
4. The hotel hosting the event is ashamed.
Trust me, I’ve been around, and budget hotels are not easily embarrassed. I once stuck my head into a dingy banquet room in New Hampshire and saw a Rod Stewart impersonator, about 20 years older than the actual Rod Stewart, gyrating his hips to “Da Ya Think I’m Sexy?” It stayed with me for years. No one even considered apologizing.
But in this case, the Best Western Landmark in Metairie, La., which you can imagine doesn’t do a whole lot of moral policing as a rule, seemed mortified by its role in hosting the 2002 conference. In response to protests before the event that Scalise somehow missed, the hotel said it didn’t share the group’s convictions but would honor its “contractual obligations” anyway.
This came after the Chicago Cubs’ AAA team, the Des Moines Cubs, announced that it would change (http://www.bestofneworleans.com/gambit/inside-jeff-parish/Content?oid=1240257) its travel plans to avoid the hotel because of the white supremacist gathering. I mean, Steve, did you not see the movie “42”? Baseball clubs are not historically known for their extreme sensitivity to racist hotels. So maybe that should have tipped you off.
5. No one actually cares about your tax stand.
Scalise told NOLA.com, which had some excellent coverage (http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/12/steve_scalise_i_dont_support_a.html) this week, that at the time of the EURO conference he had been doing a lot of public speaking about his opposition to a local tax bill and had even talked to the League of Women Voters. You can see the obvious similarities here. The League of Women Voters espouses some deeply controversial ideas too, like suffrage. Also, little-known fact: Its founders originally wanted to call it the National Initiative for Knowledge in Elections, or NIKE. That was a debacle.
Be that as it may, I’m guessing the League of Women Voters’ attendees had some genuine curiosity about the tax debate, as opposed to asking, say, “Would you be in favor of restricting voting rights to only those citizens whose genetic composition could be determined to be no less than 98 percent Caucasian?” Or “Can you comment on the rumor that there are black men serving in Congress and that they use the same water fountains?” Questions like that should raise a red flag.
One last bit of guidance: If you do end up accidentally speaking to a roomful of white supremacists, try to make a note of it somewhere, because eventually someone who doesn’t like you is going to figure it out, and the last thing you want is to be caught unaware and have to say you really have no idea.
If that happens, it’s not just the appearance of indulging pathetic, retro racism you’ll have to worry about, but looking like a fool, too.

Arts & Entertainment
David Duke
Duke Ellington
Patty Duke
white supremacists

Click to view comments 
View Comments (2873)

Shami-Amourae
1st January 2015, 07:10 AM
Jewish Supremacism = Good
White Supremacism = Evil

BrewTech
1st January 2015, 07:16 AM
One of the things that sucks about living on the west coast is that you get all excited about something you read first thing in the morning, only to find someone further east has already posted it... :)

I totally LOL'd when I read the original article!

Hypocrisy anyone?

BrewTech
1st January 2015, 07:35 AM
White Supremacism = Evil

Exactly, sort of. Duke simply points out Jewish supremacy as the cause of the destruction of all other cultures (not just White). Calling Duke a "White Supremacist" is disingenuous, and reveals projection on the part of da JOo...

I think your post would have been more accurate if you had said

"Jewish Supremacism" = Good
"Shining a light on hypocritical Jews that promote Jewish Supremacy" = EVIL

Spectrism
1st January 2015, 01:32 PM
White Supremacism = Evil

Ain't that the truth. When I pop christian bubbles on other forums they come at me like I am a devil, a monster shill, a despicable form of life that needs to be destroyed. I find it amazing that fellow christians are so caught up in the blessings concept that they worship anything called jew. You know, I like being a jew. When in the company of those folks, try it out. It is amazing how they back off from me when I tell them I am a jew.

EE_
1st January 2015, 01:46 PM
Ain't that the truth. When I pop christian bubbles on other forums they come at me like I am a devil, a monster shill, a despicable form of life that needs to be destroyed. I find it amazing that fellow christians are so caught up in the blessings concept that they worship anything called jew. You know, I like being a jew. When in the company of those folks, try it out. It is amazing how they back off from me when I tell them I am a jew.

You're wearing your Jew moniker quite well these days, I might add!

You are not alone here at gsus. I know we have several members hiding in the shadows with their jewish blood.
At least you have the balls to come out of the closet.

singular_me
1st January 2015, 02:55 PM
Gosh Mick, I thought it was another quiz... and honestly I was willing to take it :)

Hitch
1st January 2015, 03:01 PM
I thought you were a Christian, Spec. I am quite shocked.

Spectrism
1st January 2015, 05:05 PM

Well, its a short story too long to tell. I am a priest in the order of Melchizedek under Messiah. He will give me a rod of iron and have me rule nations. The inheritance for me is not a parcel of land in the middle east. I prefer something much more valuable. The flesh counts for nothing.

singular_me
1st January 2015, 05:24 PM
its too early for an april fool... isnt it? Not shocked but very puzzled.

all these years he hid it very well I must say, he has quoted the bible restlessly on here and GM1, maybe were they quotes from the 1st testament, I cannot recall.

Maybe is he drunk and taking us for a ride ???

EE_
1st January 2015, 05:50 PM
its too early for an april fool... isnt it? Not shocked but very puzzled.

all these years he hid it very well I must say, he has quoted the bible restlessly on here and GM1, maybe were they quotes from the 1st testament, I cannot recall.

Maybe is he drunk and taking us for a ride ???

No, he's a Jew...but that goes to show ya that we here at gsus that speak out against the Jews, don't hate all Jews.

We like Spec even though he's a Jew. I'd even have a beer with him...as long as he doesn't try to Jew me into paying for everything.

People have been programmed to think anyone that speaks against the Jews, hates all Jews...nothing could be farther from the truth.

Now, would any of you other Jews here at gsus like to come forward and out yourselves? Anyone?

Spectrism
1st January 2015, 05:59 PM
It really is not so dramatic. I think most Europeans have a trace of Israeli lineage. Jews are the name given to those of Judah & Benjamin. There were 10 other tribes scattered. I may have a 3% amount in me, so it is probably like most people here. My sister will be taking a test and we will have a better indication at that point, but it is just fun playing around with the idea. I always liked to razz PatColo since he is a closet moslem with fierce hate for anything jew. He is like a rabid dog that bites anything alive.... but then, so are most muslims.

I think all should be free to worship whatever they want. Any group that says I must worship their turnip or else I lose my head is an enemy.

Cebu_4_2
1st January 2015, 06:01 PM
!
At least you have the balls to come out of the closet.

I don't know what to say about this one....

Neuro
1st January 2015, 06:15 PM
No, he's a Jew...but that goes to show ya that we here at gsus that speak out against the Jews, don't hate all Jews.

We like Spec even though he's a Jew. I'd even have a beer with him...as long as he doesn't try to Jew me into paying for everything.

People have been programmed to think anyone that speaks against the Jews, hates all Jews...nothing could be farther from the truth.

Now, would any of you other Jews here at gsus like to come forward and out yourselves? Anyone?
I know I don't want to out myself...

old steel
1st January 2015, 06:16 PM
It really is not so dramatic. I think most Europeans have a trace of Israeli lineage. Jews are the name given to those of Judah & Benjamin. There were 10 other tribes scattered. I may have a 3% amount in me, so it is probably like most people here. My sister will be taking a test and we will have a better indication at that point, but it is just fun playing around with the idea. I always liked to razz PatColo since he is a closet moslem with fierce hate for anything jew. He is like a rabid dog that bites anything alive.... but then, so are most muslims.

I think all should be free to worship whatever they want. Any group that says I must worship their turnip or else I lose my head is an enemy.

Mormons claim they are mostly from the tribe Manasseh, when you are given a patriarchal blessing the patriarch will tell you which tribe you descend from.

Over 99% of the time it's Manasseh.

singular_me
1st January 2015, 06:16 PM
I hear ya... I like spec too, all the people I have been arguing a lot with in fact. Book and Magnes too... and lately CT.

to me it just is that I never could have guessed it, really. Spec a Jew... its like getting a pie smashed in the face. LOL

I think all should be free to worship whatever they want....
you have come a long way... I concur.

Spectrism
1st January 2015, 07:05 PM
nahhh... its same old me. I harrass everyone from time to time. Name a group, and I will pick on it... almost any.

crimethink
1st January 2015, 07:17 PM
I think most Europeans have a trace of Israeli lineage.

That is impossible for anyone born before 1948.

I always liked to razz PatColo since he is a closet moslem with fierce hate for anything jew.

He doesn't really hate the Jews. His is a case very similar to Frank "Collin" Cohen:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Collin

:D

Spectrism
1st January 2015, 07:26 PM
That is impossible for anyone born before 1948.

:D

When I say "Israel lineage" I mean real Israel from 2500+ years ago when there were 12 tribes. The modern "jew" is a variety of dilemmas. The current nation "Israel" is a fake assembly that will be purged and purified.

hoarder
1st January 2015, 07:33 PM
White Supremacism = EvilI've never met a "White Supremacist".

Khazar supremacism = good.
Whites who want their people to survive = evil.

Stop Making Cents
1st January 2015, 07:55 PM
The slightest hint of scandal from a republican and the media has a national orgasm over it. This is the same trick the media played to give democrats control of congress the last 2 years of Bush's presidency. The media narrative was republican corruption and they'd find an obscure republican to be their poster boy for corruption. Democrat scandals are always swept under the rug.

I don't recall the media mentioning Robert Byrd s former kkk membership. But of course if a republican even returns a phone call to a staffer of David duke 20 years ago it's it's the story of the year.

The media in this country is the ultimate enemy. Until their grip on information and propoganda is relinquished, things will only get worse.

Tumbleweed
2nd January 2015, 06:35 AM

I browse other forums and the last few days I've been entertained by a poster named StandFree who has been slapping around some of the christians who worship Israel on TOL.

A link here to the thread. http://www.thetreeofliberty.com/vb/showthread.php?207624-INJUSTICE-against-ISRAEL

Neuro
2nd January 2015, 09:26 AM
I browse other forums and the last few days I've been entertained by a poster named StandFree who has been slapping around some of the christians who worship Israel on TOL.

A link here to the thread. http://www.thetreeofliberty.com/vb/showthread.php?207624-INJUSTICE-against-ISRAEL
Seems like a stand up guy, odd he discovered to be part jewish recently... Didn't know that 6 million holocaust approval was necessary not to be called a satanist in ' christian' theology...

mick silver
2nd January 2015, 09:30 AM
spec have you plan your trip to Germany to get your free paper money for being a jew yet

Spectrism
2nd January 2015, 09:52 AM
spec have you plan your trip to Germany to get your free paper money for being a jew yet

Not yet. I am still working on my white supremacist documents. They are being held up because I am an apricot-american.

crimethink
2nd January 2015, 04:23 PM

Man, he's definitely taking a good stand! I wonder how long until he's banned. The servant of the Devil "Shep" called him a Holocaust™ Denier™ - what a surprise.

crimethink
2nd January 2015, 04:28 PM
Seems like a stand up guy, odd he discovered to be part jewish recently... Didn't know that 6 million holocaust approval was necessary not to be called a satanist in ' christian' theology...

It depends upon how one defines "Jewish." Every European likely has at least one Israelite ancestor - if the Christian Identity folks are correct, most are mostly Israelite. "Israelite" is, of course, very different from "Jew" (Khazars and other non-Hebrews).

As for the Holy™ Six Million™, that is a key tenet, the central focus of Judeo-"Christianity." In fact, Judeo-"Christians have claimed that the pinnacle of history is not the Advent of the King, but instead, it is Auschwitz. According to the Holocaust™ worshipers, history should not be divided into BC and AD, but BA and AA (Before Auschwitz & After Auschwitz) or AE (After "Evil").

The number Six Million™ cannot be modified in any way, regardless of the obvious facts about Jewish casualties at Auschwitz-Birkenau and elsewhere. Not 6,000,001 and not 5,999,999 - Six Million™ is a Kabbalistic number, and powerful.

Spectrism
2nd January 2015, 05:30 PM
Seems like we have some holocaust deniers here. And I thought you were the good guys. It seems pretty racist of you to have no care for the 6 million jews who were murdered in the holocaust. You act like they were just bagels or muffins being toasted in the ovens.

Tumbleweed
2nd January 2015, 07:15 PM
The Jews were well cared for in Germany from my understanding of revisionist history until the Allies bombed the shit out of the roads and the rail lines cutting off food and medical supplies to the work camps.

The muffins that got roasted were the old german men, women and children in the fire storms in the German cities near the end of WWII.

Thought I'd add a little on the old men, women and children getting roasted at the end of WWII by the Allies in the cities and the rape, butchery and murder that I couldn't finish reading "Hellstorm" Thomas Goodrich's book because it was just so gruesome I couldn't continue.

crimethink
2nd January 2015, 08:22 PM
Seems like we have some holocaust deniers here. And I thought you were the good guys. It seems pretty racist of you to have no care for the 6 million jews who were murdered in the holocaust. You act like they were just bagels or muffins being toasted in the ovens.

What's the difference between a Jew and a pizza?

A pizza doesn't scream when you put it in the oven.

The Holocaust™ is one of the most retarded claims in history...yet millions if not billions swallow it.

crimethink
2nd January 2015, 08:24 PM
The muffins that got roasted were the old german men, women and children in the fire storms in the German cities near the end of WWII.

Thought I'd add a little on the old men, women and children getting roasted at the end of WWII by the Allies in the cities and the rape, butchery and murder that I couldn't finish reading "Hellstorm" Thomas Goodrich's book because it was just so gruesome I couldn't continue.

I can't deal with any of that any more. Nemesis at Potsdam was enough for me. My feelings become, shall we say, "not Christian" thinking about it (as in, envisioning a brilliant flash over Tel Aviv).

mick silver
2nd January 2015, 08:27 PM
you know when your talking to a white supremacists when he talk about silver an gold and that he got a 1 year are more of food for his family and own more then 1 shotgun shell and like to be left the fucking alone to live his life as he see fit

Hitch
2nd January 2015, 10:39 PM
you know when your talking to a white supremacists when he talk about silver an gold and that he got a 1 year are more of food for his family and own more then 1 shotgun shell and like to be left the fucking alone to live his life as he see fit

Ain't this the real truth. Just being left alone is asking too much these days. We should all get EBT cards to fly under the radar..

Spectrism
3rd January 2015, 04:41 AM

Yeah that surely sounds like a racist.