PDA

View Full Version : Connecticut teen with cancer forced by state to undergo chemo treatments

Cebu_4_2
6th January 2015, 10:44 AM
Connecticut teen with cancer forced by state to undergo chemo treatments

A 17-year-old cancer patient and her mother are locked in an unprecedented legal battle with the Connecticut state government over the teen’s right to refuse chemotherapy treatment, Fox CT reported.

The girl, identified only as “Cassandra C." in court documents, was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s lymphoma in September. At the time, doctors at Connecticut Children’s Medical Center (CCMC) recommended she receive chemotherapy. After she refused treatment— with her mother’s support— Connecticut’s Department of Children and Families (DCF) stepped in.

According to the Hartford Courant, Cassandra believes chemotherapy can cause her as much or more damage as the cancer at this point. Hodgkin's lymphoma is a cancer of the lymphatic system. As it progresses, it compromises the body's ability to fight infection.
“She knows the long-term effects of having chemo, what it does to your organs, what it does to your body. She may not be able to have children after this because it affects everything in your body. It not only kills cancer, it kills everything in your body,” Cassandra’s mother, Jackie Fortin, said in a video published on the Hartford Courant’s website.

Cassandra was taken into temporary custody by DCF in November, and her mother was ordered to cooperate with medical care administered under the agency’s supervision, after the hospital reported her to the agency.

Cassandra underwent two chemotherapy treatments before running away from home. When she returned, she refused treatment.
The teen’s doctors testified at a trial court hearing, after which it was decided that she was to be removed from her home and remain in DCF custody— and that DCF was authorized to make medical decisions on her behalf.

Cassandra and her mother appealed the ruling and their case will be heard Thursday at the Connecticut Supreme Court in Hartford. The family claims that, by allowing DCF to use their judgment over that of Cassandra’s family, without the finding of incompetence on their behalf, the forced treatment violates the family’s constitutional rights. Additionally, they claim that the state should recognize the “mature minor doctrine” that requires that a court first determine if a minor is not adequately mature enough to be allowed to make medical decisions on her own.

“It’s a question of fundamental constitutional rights-- the right to have a say over what happens to your body-- and the right to say to the government ‘you can’t control what happens to my body,’” Cassandra’s mother’s attorney, Michael S. Taylor, told Fox CT. A public defender represents Cassandra.

According to Cassandra and her mother, Connecticut’s common law and public policy dictate that DCF cannot force the teen to receive medical treatment over her and her mother’s knowing and informed objection.

“The Supreme Court of the state has never ruled on this issue, the Supreme Court of the United States has not ruled on this issue. So it’s very significant not just for our client, and for the minor child, but for the law in general,” Taylor told the news channel.

Fortin told the Hartford Courant that even prior to her diagnosis, Cassandra would have opted not to undergo chemotherapy.
“This is her decision, and she’s very intelligent enough to make this decision on her own,” Fortin said. “She does not want poisons in her body, and she does not want to be forced through the state or the government to force her to do such a thing. And right now, at this moment, she is being forced chemo upon her against her wish.”

Side effects of chemotherapy can include nausea, hair loss, vomiting, fatigue, and diarrhea, according to the National Cancer Institute.
"Connecticut Children's is working closely with the State of Connecticut Department of Children and Families in this matter," Bob Fraleigh, spokesman for the Connecticut Children's Medical Center, said in a statement to FoxNews.com. "We are grateful that the state Supreme Court has agreed to take on this very important case and we look forward to their guidance.”

Click for more from Fox CT. (http://foxct.com/2015/01/02/connecticut-teen-forced-to-undergo-chemo-against-her-wishes/)

Spectrism
6th January 2015, 10:56 AM
Here is what it will take: grab every one of the bastards in that bureaucracy making that decision or enforcing it and strap them into chairs where they are forced to have the same treatment they are working to force on the girl. How are so many of these devils still alive?

Cebu_4_2
6th January 2015, 11:09 AM
Supposed to be a hearing Jan 8th. Feds completely out of control.

singular_me
6th January 2015, 12:08 PM
one thing is certain, after chemo, there are 97% chance she will die

crimethink
6th January 2015, 01:00 PM
If she wanted to get an abortion at her current age, or even younger, the state would declare it "her right." :rolleyes:

crimethink
6th January 2015, 01:04 PM
Here is what it will take: grab every one of the bastards in that bureaucracy making that decision or engorcing it and strap them into chairs where they are forced to have the same treatment they are working to force on the girl. How are so many of these devils still alive?

Because too many people are cowards. Do this to my kid, and I guarantee they'd have a "mass casualty incident."

crimethink
6th January 2015, 01:08 PM
Supposed to be a hearing Jan 8th. Feds completely out of control.

Feds? This is a satanic action by the not-so-great State of Connecticut.

SWRichmond
6th January 2015, 02:06 PM
So what are they going to do, strap her into a chair or drug her and administer chemo while a cop stands there with his gun and the girl screams? I hope that no nurse or doctor would perform such a procedure.

Agree that such use of force by agents of the state here against my will as a parent and my child's will would be a declaration of war. It would be a short war I am sure but we would have one.

Spectrism
6th January 2015, 02:14 PM
Yes, that would be war for me too. It is barbaric of them to even think they have that right over someone.

Cebu_4_2
6th January 2015, 02:21 PM
So what are they going to do, strap her into a chair or drug her and administer chemo while a cop stands there with his gun and the girl screams? I hope that no nurse or doctor would perform such a procedure.

According to another article that is exactly what they did, strapped her to a bad, subdued her and chemo'd her. What a living nightmare for her and her family.

crimethink
6th January 2015, 03:23 PM

Agree that such use of force by agents of the state here against my will as a parent and my child's will would be a declaration of war. It would be a short war I am sure but we would have one.

Most modern "doctors" take the Hypocritic Oath, so, yes, they'll do it. After all, one of them called child "protective" [sic] services.

These demons understand nothing but direct action against them.

Shami-Amourae
6th January 2015, 03:37 PM
There's like over 10 cures for cancer. We've listed them in various threads all over this forum. You can tell people how to cure it till your face is blue or the insane asylum people haul you away.

http://gold-silver.us/forum/showthread.php?75965-G-Edward-Griffin-A-World-Without-Cancer-The-Story-Of-Vitamin-B17-Masterpiece
http://gold-silver.us/forum/showthread.php?25902-Foods-containing-Vitamin-B-17
http://gold-silver.us/forum/showthread.php?53222-Preps-for-Cancer
http://gold-silver.us/forum/showthread.php?42126-Locked-up-for-curing-cancer

Normalcy bias in humans is absolutely insane.

Shami-Amourae
6th January 2015, 03:58 PM
Most modern "doctors" take the Hypocritic Oath, so, yes, they'll do it. After all, one of them called child "protective" [sic] services.

These demons understand nothing but direct action against them.

Trusting a doctor with the Hippocratic Oath is dumber than trusting a cop with the Constitution. Doctors literally have a financial incentive to make you sicker and more dependent on drugs.

I'm a self taught Naturopath and can dance circles around most "Doctors". People come to me and I give free advise and people get better.

Cebu_4_2
6th January 2015, 04:19 PM
Trusting a doctor with the Hippocratic Oath is dumber than trusting a cop with the Constitution. Doctors literally have a financial incentive to make you sicker and more dependent on drugs.

I'm a self taught Naturopath and can dance circles around most "Doctors". People come to me and I give free advise and people get better.

Shami, what is your opinion of zinc? Everyone knows of vitamin C and other supplements but I never heard about zinc until I was reading about warts. My kid had them bad, burning them, cutting them freezing etc with no help. Zinc for 3 weeks and they literally were falling off and disappearing, he is wart free now. This all happened a while back and now he tells me while he was visiting his mother she came down with the flu, gave her zinc and she was fine the next morning.

This is so in your face but I never heard about it. Neither has anyone I correspond with. Just thought it is interesting since virus has no cure but a wart is virus... you know where I'm going...

crimethink
6th January 2015, 04:37 PM
Shami, what is your opinion of zinc?

If I feel a sore throat coming on, I suck on an Elderberry/Zinc lozenge and it does not progress to full illness. I just introduced them to family members over New Year's, and they were sold on them.

Shami-Amourae
6th January 2015, 04:58 PM
Shami, what is your opinion of zinc? Everyone knows of vitamin C and other supplements but I never heard about zinc until I was reading about warts. My kid had them bad, burning them, cutting them freezing etc with no help. Zinc for 3 weeks and they literally were falling off and disappearing, he is wart free now. This all happened a while back and now he tells me while he was visiting his mother she came down with the flu, gave her zinc and she was fine the next morning.

This is so in your face but I never heard about it. Neither has anyone I correspond with. Just thought it is interesting since virus has no cure but a wart is virus... you know where I'm going...

There's a lot of trace elements/compounds your body needs. Some are commonly known like Calcium and Magnesium. Some are moderately known like Zinc, and some are lesser known like Copper.

I've never had any absorption issues with Zinc personally but some people do. A good first start when dealing with an issue is to look up the symptoms on a website like EarthClinic (http://www.earthclinic.com/ailments.html). Many of the posters there will list possible solutions to the problem and you can research all of those independently.

If you have a deficiency in something you should look up foods that are high in that nutrient so for Zinc here's a top 10 list (http://www.healthaliciousness.com/articles/zinc.php). You may want to add Spinach and Pumpkin Seeds into your kid's diet (great snack and awesome source of Magnesium.) Synthetic vitamins only work when you're very deficient but don't absorb very well when you have a decent amount, so you want to get it from your food or food based Vitamins which cost an arm and a leg. Here's an example of a food based Vitamin C (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008HFO7U4) which absorbs super well but very expensive.

Health problems stem from 4 sources generally:
1.) Deficiency (You need to add stuff to your body)
2.) Toxicity (You need to remove stuff from your body)
3.) Physical Degeneration (You were born fucked up since your mom did drugs while she was pregnant for example)
4.) Physical Trauma (You lost a leg, were shot, and so on)

So instead of going to the doctor to get a pill which will literally just mask the symptoms, its best try to fix items listed above. Doctors are only good for #4 and quick fixes where you need quick relief (like if you're wheezing from an asthma attack and need an inhaler.)

On the wart issue you can look here on EarthClinic, where I highlighted Zinc deficiency for you to show you how well this website works:
http://www.earthclinic.com/cures/warts26.html#zinc