PDA

View Full Version : About your glasses and the VA issue glasses.......me............ V

Ponce
8th February 2015, 12:56 PM
The VA checked my eyes twice and sent me a pair of real nice glasses worth about $400.00........but didn't do me any good. I found out that my $1.00 glasses from the $1.00 store are just right for me........been using them for the past fiver years so that now I have about 25 pairs .......when a pair breaks I simply put on another pair and the broken one goes into my broken glasses box, once a year I get the out and fix them, many times using one pair to fix another pair......like the cars in Cuba LOL.

Anyone ever gotten glasses from the VA?

By the way, for the first time in many years I suffer from NO pains anywhere, feels great...only a little bit dizzy all the time.

V

Cebu_4_2
8th February 2015, 01:02 PM
You know you can do eye exercises and not need glasses at all?

Just something to look up when your not doing anything.

I found my far sight vision can be fixed by reading small print. I hold it til I can focus then slowly bring it closer, staring until it is clear. Just a few minutes a couple times a day for a week and I'm good for about 2-3 months. If I did it more often it would probably last a lot longer.

Glass
8th February 2015, 02:34 PM
if they prescribe glasses for you and you still cant see it means that the optician does not know what they are doing or may not even be an optician. We have this problem here. An explosion of Optician stores. Many apparently different company chains but in reality all owned by 3 Euro frame or lens companies. The staff are poorly trained and don't know what they are doing. Frames are marked up 200%+ percent so you get real good discounts when they sell to you at the true value.

foolsgold
8th February 2015, 05:01 PM
I've gotten eye glasses from the VA for years now always good service. My father had glaucoma so they test me for that too, excellent eye exam. Just got free hearing aids from the VA would have cost about $7000 to purchase.

palani
8th February 2015, 05:26 PM
You don't need glasses.

You need a tattoo.

http://static-mb.minutebuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/tattoo-geek-nerd-041-L.jpg

Ponce
8th February 2015, 05:31 PM
Glass? I feel the same way, and I told them......the eye exam was good but the glasses themselves were no good....net to the VA optician window they have a box for donation of glasses, I told them "Maybe someone else can use them".

V

Cebu_4_2
8th February 2015, 05:51 PM
It's a shame all that money went to waste. You should have had them make you another prescription, might have lead to someone up higher realizing they are messing up.

If you owned a business and no-one complained how would you know how to fix what you don't know?

osoab
8th February 2015, 06:49 PM
As long as they don't do this,

http://media.jrn.com/images/BEER+GOGGLES+BEAVER.jpg

You're good.

Dogman
8th February 2015, 06:53 PM
As long as they don't do this,

You're good.

Making a bet ponce may not partake . But then again one never knows about Puerto Ricans, odd bunch they are!

;)

woodman
8th February 2015, 06:56 PM
Ponce, you should know better. In the army they call those 'birth control glasses' because they are so geeky looking, no woman would get close enough to you to have sex.

Dogman
8th February 2015, 07:06 PM
Ponce, you should know better. In the army they call those 'birth control glasses' because they are so geeky looking, no woman would get close enough to you to have sex.

No chit surlock, especially way back when you wore then you were instantly known as military!

Even geeks of those days had better style!

;)