PDA

View Full Version : The Giants are coming

Glass
12th February 2015, 06:06 PM
I have been watching the build up, the hubbub in the media and carry on about this upcoming event. I'm looking at it thinking something's not right.

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B9sGbhwCAAQU7Lo.jpg:large
Crappy pictures but it is a giant puppet girl and a giant puppet deep sea diver.

We have our War Dead Ceremonial Day coming up soon. In A couple months. April I think is when Anzac day happens. At the moment though we have one of those Fringe Art Festivals. Where all the weirdos come out and do demonic and perverted plays and things.

Anyway the story we are being told about this wonderful display of giant puppets is this:

The Giants marionettes created and operated by French street theatre company Royal de Luxe will walk the streets of the CBD over three days this weekend.

In a special ANZAC-themed production to commemorate the centenary, a six-metre-tall marionette will play the little girl on Breaksea Island off Albany who farewelled the first convoy of Gallipoli-bound troops.

She will be joined by an 11-metre-tall diver character.

Link to news (https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/full-coverage/piaf-2015/a/26254672/follow-the-giants-through-the-streets-of-perth/)

Gallipoli is like our version of hamburger hill or some other tragedy of poor war leadership. And the Diver is just called "some diver character" So he's not part of the Gallipoli story.

BUT this pair of puppets have been all around the world and when they were in Liuverpool UK, the story was:

Close up up coverage of the most moving and uplifting part of the Giants Spectacular in Liverpool. The production, inspired by a true story of a Liverpool girl who writes a letter to her father a steward on the Titanic,

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=the+real+story+of+the+giant+girl+and+sea+ diver

So a load of bull as I suspected. And people have been lapping it up.

Dogman
12th February 2015, 06:22 PM
They wont be playing near any of the tallest buildings in your country will they ?

;)

Glass
12th February 2015, 06:25 PM
They wont be playing near any of the tallest buildings in your country will they ?

;)

I don't think any of them have asbestos in them.

Horn
12th February 2015, 11:22 PM
Hopefully she will step all over those redcoats pulling her strings when activated.

Glass
12th February 2015, 11:37 PM
I have just been on a short journey across town. Looks like tonight or tomorrow will be the first outing. There is a huge park that has been set aside. We could see the girl puppet and the huge scaffolding they are using to control it. Streets blocked off and traffic being diverted all over the place.

I had a discussion with someone about the back story and how I said it was a different back story depending on where is was being shown. I don't believe any of the back stories and I'm sure I've heard another explanation about what these characters actually mean.

Glass
14th February 2015, 05:40 PM
http://images.clickliverpool.com/admin/article/articleimages/1334937932-Liitlegirlweeing2.jpg

pissing in the street. Not here but in UK during the Titanic 100 years.

Dont know if they did that here as well or not.

Cebu_4_2
14th February 2015, 05:51 PM
http://images.clickliverpool.com/admin/article/articleimages/1334937932-Liitlegirlweeing2.jpg

pissing in the street. Not here but in UK during the Titanic 100 years.

Dont know if they did that here as well or not.

Nobody having a shower in it?

Glass
14th February 2015, 06:36 PM
who knows. Was probably the idea.

The creators of the Sea Odyssey giants said the reason their giant urinated on the street is because "that is what little girls do".

Patrick Smith, a puppeteer from Royal De Luxe, said: "We have had a pleasant walk with the giants in Liverpool and met many people along the way.

"Many people were really surprised when the Little Girl Giant urinated but a lot of them were delighted and they shouted as if it was a Beatles' show.

"It's what little girls do - even giant little girls - and all of the giants have many other surprises in store for the people of Liverpool."

Horn
14th February 2015, 07:17 PM
How oddball.

Glass
14th February 2015, 10:23 PM
so I've been for a ride this morning around the city waters (big expanse of river at the doorstep to the CBD). It was pandemonium. There were people and cars everywhere. People parking literally 2 miles from the location of these puppets. and walking there. I've never seen that before, except maybe for Royal Show which is a huge agricultural and side show fair.

there were also people on the other side of the perth water and looking through binoculars. It's about 2 kms line of sight so not sure what they are going to see.

Spoke to someone about it an apparently she (The little girl puppet) has been peeing here in Perth as well. I'm completely staggered. It's some kind of pervert show and everyone is flocking to it. No doubt very few people will pick up on the fact that they are using these "puppets" to do indecent things and get away with it. I think the puppeteer should be charged with indecent behaviour if these things really have been doing such things.

I haven't seen them other than driving past them on Friday so I can say if they did or not. If it comes up anywhere I might make a complaint and see what happens. For S & G's.

edit: they left on a barge which was why people were way on the other side and could see something.

aeondaze
15th February 2015, 07:28 AM
Spoke to someone about it an apparently she (The little girl puppet) has been peeing here in Perth as well.

Maybe the symbolism is saying something specific about Perth/to Perth?

It is the ass end of the world after all...:rolleyes:

Dogman
15th February 2015, 07:32 AM
so I've been for a ride this morning around the city waters (big expanse of river at the doorstep to the CBD). It was pandemonium. There were people and cars everywhere. People parking literally 2 miles from the location of these puppets. and walking there. I've never seen that before, except maybe for Royal Show which is a huge agricultural and side show fair.

there were also people on the other side of the perth water and looking through binoculars. It's about 2 kms line of sight so not sure what they are going to see.

Spoke to someone about it an apparently she (The little girl puppet) has been peeing here in Perth as well. I'm completely staggered. It's some kind of pervert show and everyone is flocking to it. No doubt very few people will pick up on the fact that they are using these "puppets" to do indecent things and get away with it. I think the puppeteer should be charged with indecent behaviour if these things really have been doing such things.

I haven't seen them other than driving past them on Friday so I can say if they did or not. If it comes up anywhere I might make a complaint and see what happens. For S & G's.

edit: they left on a barge which was why people were way on the other side and could see something.

Maybe the symbolism is saying something specific about Perth/to Perth?

It is the ass end of the world after all...:rolleyes:

Humm ?

http://gold-silver.us/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7302&stc=1

;D