PDA

View Full Version : Silver round for help shipping item from Humble Texas

aeondaze
17th February 2015, 08:10 AM
This is just a general shout out to the forum.

I have something I want to purchase form a shop in Humble Texas, problem is they won't ship internationally.

Anyone know if they might be able to help?

There is a silver round in it for anyone that can help....:)*#*

http://static.coins-auctioned.com/uploads/images/5000-9999/6136/6136_1285049826.jpg

expat4ever
17th February 2015, 09:51 AM
I'm not in Tx so you would need to ship to me first then I can ship it for ya.

Celtic Rogue
17th February 2015, 10:00 AM
Need a little more info. What is it...How big, heavy etc. Is it legal to ship to you?

Dogman
17th February 2015, 10:06 AM
Aeondaze and I have been in contact and I am sure he will not mind it I expand his post. He is cutting zzzzzz's right now, our last message was 3 am his time.

He is looking for and has found a Kawai Q-80 MIDI synthesizer that seems to be in good shape down in the Houston area at a very good price less than $60.00 and seeing that finding these units are almost like trying to find and pull hens teeth.

I have talked to the shop and they are only cash and carry (pawn) and will not ship to anyone and are cash only. Because of the rules that pawn shops operate under. Seeing I am nearly 200 miles away and haven't been in the Houston area in more than 30 years I can not do it for him.

He is looking for a member in the Houston area that may work with him to get it for him and ship it. Or I think some member here that knows where one can be found, elsewhere.

Kawai Q-80 MIDI's in their day were awesome in their ability's, he says he owned one and sold it and has been kicking himself in the ass ever since and wants another one. They were built in the 80's I think.

madfranks
17th February 2015, 10:41 AM
I don't know anyone in Houston otherwise I'd be happy to help.

Dogman
17th February 2015, 10:49 AM
I am fairly sure there are a bunch sitting in a closet, pawn shop, music shop especially that are not listed on the internet. But are on a shelf somewhere collecting dust just needing a pair of mark 1 mod 0 eyeballs with brain connected to find them.

;)

aeondaze
17th February 2015, 02:53 PM
Need a little more info. What is it...How big, heavy etc. Is it legal to ship to you?

Yes, its legal to ship. Its only a music sequencer.

Its about 15" x 10" x 2" and would weigh approximately 1.5 pounds (650 to 750 g) but no more than 2 pounds I'd say.

https://jimatwood.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/kawaii-q80.jpg

You can get an idea of its size here, it has a 3.5" disk drive.

Everything Dogman says is correct, BTW thanks Dogman for your help here, I really appreciate it.

If this is something someone can do I would be truly humbled for help with this, lol

Oh, and there is a silver round in it for the good Samaritan! :D

Cebu_4_2
17th February 2015, 03:29 PM
There's one on ebay for 120ish inc. shipping to various countries.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kawai-Q80-Sequencer-with-Floppy-Disk-/191489450081?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c95a92061
At least you have some sort of protection in regards of working vs some pawn shop deal.

Dogman
17th February 2015, 03:41 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kawai-Q80-Sequencer-with-Floppy-Disk-/191489450081?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c95a92061
At least you have some sort of protection in regards of working vs some pawn shop deal. Looked at that close to $50 bux for shipping ? not really sure, sorta convoluted site info, doing international..

But maybe over all his best deal/chance ?

Have thought about rolling on a road trip for him, round trip abt 400 miles and less than $ 30 bucks gas, it is the shipping thing not sure of the cost.

aeondaze
17th February 2015, 04:01 PM
At least you have some sort of protection in regards of working vs some pawn shop deal.

Thanks Cebu.

Yep, that was one option. For me that comes to about $190 AUD, if I could have got the one from Texas shipped, it would have been about $110 AUD.

The thing is getting one in good/fair condition. These things were made in 1988 so there are lots that have been through the ringer and while the build is solid with these things and they were made to last, it just pays to find one in better nick if you know what I mean.

The other option is I just wait until ones comes up...sometimes you guys don't know how lucky you are in the states, 330 million population with a VERY large second hand market, prices are about half what they are here and the availability is good /envy :-[

aeondaze
17th February 2015, 04:03 PM
Dogman, thats really too kind and way more generous than I was expecting.

Celtic Rogue seemed to want to know more about the item, so I thought maybe he was close by...???